May 2017 Moms

Pregnancy Chatter & Questions 8.29

Happy Monday everyone. To get the ball rolling... How many HPTs have you taken? Are you one BFP and that's it, or have you taken several just to confirm?

I still have two more tests that I will take prior to my first appointment (mostly to ease my PGAL brain).

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

Re: Pregnancy Chatter & Questions 8.29

• I took two more after my first BFP. It eased my mind to see the line get darker!
  • I took 6 tests in total. Lol
    3 at 9dpo to be sure, one the next day to make sure I wasn't dreaming and then two more on Saturday when I had some light implantation spotting because it sent my PGAL anxiety through the damn roof. Safe to say I'm definitely pregnant! It definitely eased my mind to see those lines on Saturday be so much darker than Wednesday 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Loading the player...
  • I took two total, one later in the evening and one the next morning ! The second was darker than the first so that confirmed it for me!!! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• 3 lol. I stopped after the last one it was so dark didn't feel the need to do more. That was 10 days ago.
  • :) Thanks ladies, I feel more normal now

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I took 1 test. The line seemed darker than the control line so I figured there is no way I was not pregnant. Plus, this is my third child so I know what it feels like being pregnant. And man do I feel it!

• I took one test. I've never been pregnant before but I had some sure fire signs. I also am able to do a walk-in blood test so I had that to confirm. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • I only took one test. I'm with @SaVi925, this is my third pregnancy, so I noticed all the signs. This pregnancy is already completely different from my other two and I feel like the symptoms have intensified over the past two days.
  • @avacek1 I've heard the third pregnancy can be really rough. My nausea has increased significantly just overnight! Unreal 

• @SaVi925 YES! I woke up this morning and was hit with extreme nausea, low grade fever and am just exhausted. My husband left to go offshore today and will be gone for two weeks. I'm taking it hour by hour. Lol
  • I've taken a ton! I have a bunch on Wondfos, so I keep checking to make sure the line is getting darker by the day. It is and my nausea is out of control. I know I'm pregnant, but since I've been trying for so long and had a chemical pregnancy I'll probably keep testing till I see my OB on Thursday
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took one, the line was pretty dark! I have the exact same symptoms so far as my first pregnancy! 

I did end up w a c section for my first and sometimes feel twinges around my scar though!
  • mborn24mborn24 member
    edited August 2016
    I have taken like 6! Two were negative, tested too early. Three days later I tested and it was a faint positive. So I took a digital the next day. And the following week, I took the other digital and regular stick test. It's so hard to wait for that first appointment! I feel like peeing on one every week til then. I have one more left and I probably will use it too.
  • @mia1116 and @mborn24 So glad to hear someone else has peed on every stick in sight! Lol
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• I have a whole bunch of Wondfos I plan on peeing on. I hope to see them get darker each time. I already took a second since my BFP this weekend and it's darker. It makes me feel like I'm doing something.

When is everyone's first doctor's appointment? (date and how many weeks)

• My appointment is September 21 at 8 weeks 
  • My appt is today at 4-15! Had to move it up because I had no one to watch DS later this week. Stupid holiday weekend getting in the way of my dr appt, lol
  • @roper2617 yup, been peeing on all the things lol! It just makes me feel more secure right now.
  • My appointment is September 21. I'll be 7 weeks 4 days. I'm so anxious!
  • Aaaand, the just called back and moved my first appointment to September 8th, due to my medical history with my first pregnancy. Yay! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My first appointment is September 20th. I'll be 7 weeks 5 days. I'm guessing they will also send me for a dating ultrasound since I had a longer cycle and they still went off of LMP to set my appointment.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• My first appointment is September 15 since I'm going out a town for a bit the next day, I will be 7 weeks 4 days. 
  • My 1st appointment isn't until September 29th! So far away! I'll be nearly 10 weeks (my dr starts seeing her patients at 10 weeks along) 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• First appointment with my midwife was today. Now I just need to call and book my ultrasound, I should get in for that roughly 2 weeks from now
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• I am OB official!  First ultrasound booked for 9/12. She thinks I'm having a girl based on how sick I am. She put EDD at 5/8 based on last period. I'm still holding on the 5/6 based on ovulation. Ultrasound will tell us exactly.
  • Where I'm from they won't see you until 12 weeks! I'm not booked until Oct 12! You guys are lucky 
  • My dr doesn't like seeing patients until 9-12 either but because of our loss this year they're fitting us in at 8 weeks. I still feel like that's forever away! It's sept 22nd at exactly 8 weeks.
  • Mine is September 29th, I had to take a half day and I am hoping my husband can make it. It feels so far away... 
  • Made the appointment with my midwife today! September 26th can not come soon enough!!! 

On a side note, my MIL will be here visiting and I told her about my appointment. She says, oh how exciting, I better be coming with you! I laughed and almost choked on my dinner. I pretended I didn't hear her! Ummm, no I want my husband at the first appointment.. Not my MIL. You crazy? 

• My first appointment is tonight! This my regular gynecologist so I already know I love her but very excited for this!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • I took 3, two before my period was due and one the day after it was supposed to come just to rule out CP. There really is no point in testing after that because once the HCG hormone is present in the body,  a test will always be positive unless there is a very obvious change in the pregnancy. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I elected to not see the doctor until 12 weeks. My loss in April they saw me so much so early. I felt like having levels checked and other things just added to immense stress. I didn't want an internal so I made my own appt at 12 weeks, which is October 18.

I have a package deal (photography) with a local elective ultrasound place. She said she'll do an external next week and any time I want one for peace of mind until my appointment. So I'll have her check and make sure all is well (she did diagnostic ultrasound for 20 years at the big clinic in our area) and she is the one that saw me when I just had a feeling the baby in April was gone. My MD wouldn't see me, but she confirmed my suspicions. I'm trying to decide if I want to go to see her next week at 6 weeks or if I should just wait until 8.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Klee_NC from my son, I believe the 6 week us was an internal one. I'm not sure if they can see anything at 6 weeks from the external.
  • Her equipment is really high tech. She said she can see as early as 5 weeks on an external. So we are going to give it a try. She said coming with a full bladder helps. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Klee_NC very cool!
  • @SaVi925 umm...does your MIL regularly invite herself to very personal occasions?
  • I had a confirmation appt on Monday and have my first u/s scheduled for 9/19, then my first visit with the actual ob isn't until 12 wks. They're also sending me to a perinatologist because apparently that is their protocol for anyone over 35. I have to do an early GTT at 11wks because of my weight (never lost the "baby weight" from DD and then stress from 2IF sent me in to an eating tailspin). I just pray I don't have m/s at that point because the idea of drinking that drink if I'm already queasy is not appealing in the least.
    M: 39 H: 40
    DD: 12/31/13
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • @Stormy61 She is a very over powering MIL. Loves pushing buttons and over stepping boundaries as often as she can. The worst part is when I told my husband, he didn't see anything wrong with it. He is the biggest mamas boy and it drives me crazy how often he sides with her over me. I will not be taking her to the appointment. 

• I had just ordered a whole box of Wondfos a couple weeks ago, so I figure I may as well use them! :) I took my first test on Monday and then I took one yesterday and this morning as well. My first one at 10DPO was a little light so it was exciting to see it darken over the next two days.

Although I got pregnant on a natural cycle, I've been a patient of an RE for the past year and a half, so I'm not sure when I'll be "released" to a regular OBGYN clinic. I had my first Beta yesterday and the 2nd will be tomorrow. I believe the nurse said the 3rd one would be next week and then I don't know what happens after that yet. I have read that most REs keep with weekly monitoring until 10 weeks and then they release you.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)