April 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy / Delivery Fears

13»

Re: Pregnancy / Delivery Fears

• Options
    I'm worried about having a train wreck of a delivery again. Planned home birth and great home labor turned surprise breech baby, transfer to the hospital while pushing, c section, being in a hospital where nobody respects what I want and takes my baby out of the room against my wishes. I hate hospitals. I got discharged in 28 hours, record time, only to land back in the hospital due to my baby having a twisted intestine the first hospital missed repeatedly. NICU stay of 9 days, got treated like dirt the whole time. 

So...my fears are breech baby, c section, and baby needing NICU.
  • Options
    MrsBakesMrsBakes member
    edited August 2016
    I'm worried about having a train wreck of a delivery again. Planned home birth and great home labor turned surprise breech baby, transfer to the hospital while pushing, c section, being in a hospital where nobody respects what I want and takes my baby out of the room against my wishes. I hate hospitals. I got discharged in 28 hours, record time, only to land back in the hospital due to my baby having a twisted intestine the first hospital missed repeatedly. NICU stay of 9 days, got treated like dirt the whole time. 

So...my fears are breech baby, c section, and baby needing NICU.

OMG! that is terrible. What kind of a "butcher shop" did you end up at? So sorry you had to go through that. And that is also why I can understand why some women avoid hospitals like the plague.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsBakes oddly enough, it was a hospital known for being more "natural minded". Had we known for sure he was breech and not in some bizzare face presentation, I would have just refused to go to the hospital. Unfortunately once it was confirmed via ultrasound I was basically tied to a bed via IV and epidural facing a doctor refusing to deliver a breech baby. So...I got cut. I haven't heard as bad of stories from others who delivered there, so maybe they were just being snotty for us having the audacity to plan a home birth. (Me and baby were fine btw, no distress other than just being in labor with a whacky positioned baby)
  • Options

@lovelongdog06

Well I'm glad you guys were ok, but still, what a frustrating thing to go through. Sometimes it is the docs who are being total jerks :(

• Options
    My previous birth experience was so great, even though it was an emergency: the staff was amazing and my recovery was great...DD was born with a true knot in her cord and they never picked it up.  I am now terrified this will happen again, and they won't pick it up.  My mom also had a heart defect, that is hereditary, That my sister died of before she was born, so I am terrified this baby will have a heart defect...Also I am AMA (as you know by now I am 41...) so that comes with a whole new set of fears....
  • Options
    I'm terrified of labor. With my daughter my water broke but I never progressed on my own so they induced me the next day.. I slowly progressed with the pitocin.. bc it was a holiday there was no anesthesiologist available (only one was in surgery) so had to hope the on call one made it in time.. pushed for over 5 hours.. the nurse refused to get my dr and daughters heart rate plummeted with every push. Finally my mother in law got a different nurse to find him (she's a nurse and knew something wasn't right) he came in and told me to stop pushing immediately.. and ended up needing a c section..
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • Options
    I am scared of this baby's size! DD was 8 lbs. 10oz. Then, DS was 10 lbs. 3 Oz. This kid could be huge! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17