Military Families

Worried.. Scared..

Lola2214Lola2214 member
edited August 2016 in Military Families
So we just moved about a year ago to where were at now, and we've been lucky enough to have my DH home with us. But today he got his orders and he's being deployed, I've been doing this for 5 years and I still feel like this is the first time he's leaving. He left for the first time when I was pregnant with our first son, I'm pregnant now, with twins and being alone so far away from my family and his, with no help. Right now I just want to run back home to my parents and have them help me, I don't know how long he's going to be gone for, raising 4 on my own is going to be rough since I'm pregnant but add on 2 more I'm going to be out numbered. I am so worried.. 

Re: Worried.. Scared..

• Hun you got this. Yes, it will be hard! You will be tired! But you will do this for your kids! I just had my fourth baby in Feb and my husband has been in the Air Force for 9 years. He's deployed many times. You honestly will get thought this. Schedule and routine is key. Maybe prepare and ask your mom/family member to come help/stay with you after you deliver. I'm assuming most likely you will habe a c-section and I personally dont know the healing process etc after that. 
  • Hun you got this. Yes, it will be hard! You will be tired! But you will do this for your kids! I just had my fourth baby in Feb and my husband has been in the Air Force for 9 years. He's deployed many times. You honestly will get thought this. Schedule and routine is key. Maybe prepare and ask your mom/family member to come help/stay with you after you deliver. I'm assuming most likely you will habe a c-section and I personally dont know the healing process etc after that. 
    Thanks, it will be stressful but I know I'll get through it.
  • Loading the player...
  • After 4 kids and 5 years of this,  I'm sure your an expert at this by now..... 
  • Like @jessielynn1 said, you've got experience under your belt. You can handle this for sure girl :smiley:

I know with our branch we tend to know at least an estimate of how long deployments are, will you find that out soon? Knowing that could definitely help you come up with a plan for support before and after you deliver (and a backup plan for when things change, because they always do), whether that's having family come to you, hiring extra help, or moving to your parents' for awhile.  
    BabyFruit Ticker