October 2016 Moms

Monday Ticker Change (last one of August!) 08-29-16

How far along?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings?

GTKY? What did you want to be when you were a little kid growing up?
Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
BFP 02-15-16 with our first
IT'S A BOY!!! 

Re: Monday Ticker Change (last one of August!) 08-29-16

• How far along? 
    34 weeks

What size is baby?
    Butternut Squash, Savoy Cabbage, Basketball hoop 

Upcoming appointments?
    Nothing this week. Next week starts weekly visits! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: Insomnia sucks. I woke up to pee about 2:30 last night and was awake until after 4. I ended up moving to the couch around 3:45 because I was just tossing and turning in bed and didn't want to wake up DH who was sleeping so peacefully. (Jealous) but I have no problems sleeping during the day! 

Rave: Work baby shower is Wednesday! 

Back pain, Insomnia, Peeing every 5 minutes

Veternarian. Could never do the sick puppies though! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along?
    31 weeks

What size is baby?
    A football - fitting since football season starts this week! Go Bucks! 

Upcoming appointments?
    OB not til next week ... But meeting with another ortho surgeon this week for a second opinion on my knee. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: Nesting is good for my mind, but hell on my body. I spent all day yesterday getting DD's old clothes sorted and tagged for garage sale. I held on to five years' worth of clothes in case I had another girl ... Holy crap, I didn't realize how much stuff was in that closet! I felt like I had been run over by a truck when I was done. But now baby boy's room is empty and ready for us to finally start setting things up for him.

I was craving a chocolate milkshake yesterday ... so DH went and got me one since I worked so hard to get things organized (see above.) Win! 

I was going to be in the WNBA someday .... Bahahahahahaha! I'm all for girl power, but I think I was a bit delusional about my athletic ability. 
  • How far along? 34 weeks

What size is baby?
    A butternut squash (mmmm)

Upcoming appointments? 
    I have an ultrasound this afternoon and OB next week (which then starts weekly!)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?
    I'm with @ibabyloveb87 me no sleepy at night (between being up to pee, the pain in my hands and back, and of course pillow then no pillow then pillow again), but during the day I can sleep like I rock.  @sportiegrl1213 I'm going to try the wrist guards tonight, I was looking for them last night and couldn't find them (of course found them at 4:30 this morning during a pee trip...ya they were right beside my bed).

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a little kid growing up?
    I've always wanted to breed horses, but I wanted that more as a retirement job, but as I'm realizing the value of money, I realize that it will be impossible unless I win the lottery cause a decent stallion goes for about a million bucks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along? 32 weeks

What size is baby? Squash 

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow I go in for a bp check and to recheck my labs. Hooefully everything is returning to normal! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? It's been a really hard week. DD hasn't been feeling well, and was super clingy which was pretty hard on me physically. Then my grandma died on Friday. I was able to visit in the hospital right before she died, but it's been rough. 

This baby is perched on my bladder. Every time I stand I have to pee. Every. Single. Time. 

GTKY? What did you want to be when you were a little kid growing up? As a kid I wanted to be a secretary. As a teen I wanted to be independently wealthy. I still want that last one ;) 
  • @ingoscj So sorry for your loss! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ingoscj so sorry for your loss. My condolences  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ingoscj so sorry for your loss 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @LauraPCOS the wrist band definitely helps. But I'm so over that pain!! I really hope it's gone once LO arrives!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Thanks ladies  <3
  • @ingoscj  sorry for your loss! 

How far along? 
    34 weeks! ahhh! Tentative 6 weeks to go? Seriously!?

What size is baby? 
    butternut squash 

Upcoming appointments? 
    not til the 8th

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    So much pee. I feel like I am starting to spend an outrageous amount of time peeing. 

I made egg-less cookie dough yesterday because I felt like I needed to have it.

When I was really little an artist or a teacher. Later on a crime scene investigator..... (I watched too much CSI) 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • How far along?
    35 weeks!

What size is baby?
    Size of a pineapple!

Upcoming appointments?
    I'm currently sitting waiting to check in for my NST and then Thursday I have an OB appointment. It's for a my weekly scans and this week is a growth scab and cervix check!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Sleeping on my side is becoming worse bc it's killing my hip but it gives me like an hour of solid sleep until I wake up and move around again.

Cheeseburgers! Give me them all!!

I wanted to be a Dr. until I realized I don't like germs lol
    DS born 2016
  • @bnsmith85 I learned quick germs weren't for me and couldn't be in the medical field lol... I'm an inclusion preschool teacher now :)

@ingoscj Sorry for your loss.
    DS born 2016
  • @MrsB627 - is a NST something they do for everyone? Or just for certain reasons
  • How far along?  34 weeks

What size is baby? Cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments?  Checkup tomorrow not sure if I'll be weekly or stay bi-weekly after

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm just a whiny pregnant person. but things have been pretty uneventful lately.   

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings?   Food, food, and more food.  All sweets. 

GTKY? What did you want to be when you were a little kid growing up?   I wanted to be lots of things. I played teacher a lot but I said marine biologist and movie director at a time.   

@ingoscj   I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my grandma this pregnancy too, and it's so hard realizing that the baby won't get to meet her.   
  • @ingoscj sorry for your loss. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• How far along? 33 weeks

What size is baby? Durian fruit

Upcoming appointments? Next week 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I don't mind staying pregnant for another 6(ish) weeks but can I just be done with work already? 

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? I hurt in places that I didn't know I had. I bought a large pair of men's flip flops yesterday because my feet are so fat. 

GTKY? What did you want to be when you were a little kid growing up? A vet, unfortunately math was my enemy.
  • LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited August 2016
    @ingoscj I'm so sorry for your loss :(

@MrsB627 same here on the hurting - last night I kept waking up just wanting to lay on my back for a bit, but I knew my body would let me stay there for long, so I just laid there until my hip and arm stopped hurting then I'd roll over again.  And only if rolling over was an easy task like it once was!

@Nichole06 Hubby has been trying to get me to get the big ugly men sandals (the ones people tend to wear in public showers) but I tried his on one day, and the piece that goes over the foot is right on my swollen bruised area and I was all nope nope nope! I did have to get size 10 flip flops and even they're a bit snug, but the straps are so thin that it doesn't cause as much pain as the others.

I had my growth ultrasound today and my little guy is measuring at 5lbs 6oz (give or take 10%).  Looks like he's going to be a chunky monkey!! I love the app says LO should be weighing in now around 4lb 2oz and 5lb 8oz.  My guy is like "pfft 2 vessel umbilical equaling small babies?? Who you calling small?!"
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @bnsmith85 in my experience everyone gets nst's. Some people end up with having to do them twice a week instead of once for medical reasons but I'm pretty sure everyone gets them at least once a week... 

My stupid copy and paste won't work on mobile so here's what I remember haha

weeks- 34

size- a squash of some sort

appointments- had a growth scan last Thursday- she's 5 lbs already so expecting to be 8 lbs at birth. And (this may get me flamed) but I haven't seen regular obgyn in a month. I had to cancel an appointment the last week of July and wasn't able to reschedule on the phone. They never called me back and I never called them back and the day kept slipping away. It's totally bad but I saw MFM and blood pressure is great, no additional weight gain and baby is fine so I'm like screw it!! Although now that I should be weekly I'll try to call.

Rants: still very low appetite and back/hip/leg pain like crazy. Not looking forward to going back to work. 

What did I want to be?: I'm really not sure. A teacher at one point, then a zoologist then a lawyer and then in college the goal was a museum curator (what I sort of went to school for) but living in a small town doesn't really work for that. 

I should have have stuck with teacher since that's what everyone tells me I'm good at. But I also get told (almost sheepishly) that I should be a personal assistant because I have mad organizing/multi tasking skills haha

• How far along? 33 weeks. 

What size is baby? 
    celery

Upcoming appointments? 
    I just left my hospital for my weekly ultrasound and NST test. Baby is one lazy little thing wouldn't wake up for the entire NST but I did find out it is a week ahead and weighting in at around 5.5lbs 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I rave because my baby is good, rant because it's only 1lb away from my daughters birthweight and has 5 or 6 weeks to go. Is anyone else's baby measuring big? 

I crave everything I can't have 

a vet but I really don't like animals all the much or maybe it's other people's animals I don't like since I got bit as  a kid and needed a few dozen stitches right below my butt cheek I've had issues with other people's animals. 
  • thanks @maf9866! And re: not seeing your OB... meh. If you feel good about it, no flaming here :)
  • For the ladies with hip pain try getting a pool donut and putting your bump in center it might help I saw it on Facebook.  

@ingoscj I am so sorry you lost your grandma.
  • How far along? 33 weeks

What size is baby? 
    celery

Upcoming appointments? 
    regular Midwife appointment tomorrow.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    . We are finally getting things done around thr housr and we might actually get the nursery and toddlers rooms done.

I am exhausted and in pain a lot. Lots of RRL tea, dates and bouncing on a ball to try to get her head down and ready closer to 39 weeks if possible.

A teacher, now I'm not sure that would ever be an option. I don't have a lot of patience anymore.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • @bnsmith85 I think it's pretty common with gestational diabetes. I also have a kidney disease so I would have them anyways. 

@LauraPCOS I rolled out of bed this morning and on top of it taking like 5 mins I felt exhausted after hahaha 
    DS born 2016
  • @MrsB627 sometimes hubby wakes up in the middle of the night to ask if I'm okay, and I say yes why? And he tells me I'm breathing really hard.  Yea I'm out of breath cause I just rolled over a 30lb belly!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Lurking from Saturday's ticker change.  @bnsmith85 my doctor only does NSTs for higher risk pregnancies or for pregnancies over 40 weeks.
  • How far along? 35 weeks

What size is baby? 
    rabbit or small backpack 

Upcoming appointments?
    OBGYN appointment tomorrow.  MFM Thursday

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    . Washed a lot of blankets and clothes this weekend.  Nursery is pretty much ready.  Just need to set up the video monitor.  

Still nauseated a lot of the time.  Craving all the sweets.  Starting to cave and have sweets in small portions.  Having GD and craving all the sweets is for the birds!

An Attorney.  Then in high school a therapist, which I thought was only psychologists.  Now I'm a social worker, not a therapist at the moment, but it's what I want to go back to.  I did psychotherapy for 2 years and I miss it.  Now I'm doing more case management type work.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @ingoscj so very sorry 

How far along?
    33 weeks 

What size is baby?
    celery 

Upcoming appointments?
    just had one today 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    breech baby version 2.0 :( so stressed about that last time and annoyed that this one is breech too. 

hip pain and sciatica 

a vet or a teacher

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Pregnancy Ticker