December 2016 Moms
Options

Weekend plans?? 8.26.16

What's shakin' this weekend, ladies? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend plans?? 8.26.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Trying to save money for baby, so I will be staying home and plan on putting up our table and couch for sale on the online yard sale!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Options
    @karabearr samesies! We have excess furniture just taking up space in the basement from when we merged our households. That 'ish has gotta go.

Also, it's SO's weekend off (which we are both excited about because we only get one weekend a month together). We're going to clean up the garage and plan to take our (fur) boys to the park in the morning before it gets hot.

Sunday we're going over to his parents house. We've been trying to merge budgets and have been having some challenges so we're going to pick their brains. Subsequently the UO board has been very helpful this week. I've always had a budget in place for my finances but he has absolutely none. I nearly lost it at the beginning of the month when he told me he just straight up forgot to pay his credit cards (3, small balances) for two months. HOW DO YOU FORGET THAT?!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    Nothing tonight. Tomorrow is our hospital tour in the morning, and prepping for DD's birthday party the next day. Sunday is church and then DD's party. 
  • Options
    4 hour road trip north to Phoenix to help my brother do minor repairs on a house he just closed on this week. Of course, DH, DD, and I are sick still. Ugh. Gonna be a long weekend. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Kacie209Kacie209 member
    edited August 2016
    Tonight - We're going with my parents and SIL/hubby to a local minor league baseball game. DH got some free tickets through work last week, and they only have 7 regular home games left to use them... so we thought tonight would fun. They also have fireworks after the game.

Saturday - College football is back! My college alum (NDSU) has their first home game of the season, and it's a night game... which they never do unless it's playoffs. It's also going to be on ESPN, so if anyone wants to check it out... 6:30pm CT! They're the 5-time FCS National Championship team, so it's always huge energy during home games. So, we're meeting up with an aunt/uncle of DH's and a couple of their friends to tailgate in the afternoon before the game, which we've done with them for the last couple of years. My parent's have season tickets, and graciously give us the extra 2 (they have 4) to come with them.

Sunday - Besides laundry, I may go browse at Target/BBB/Babies 'R Us for registry items and see some things in person vs. just what is online. I have 2 showers in October, so I want to get it finalized (probably just Target/BBB) so I can advise those hosting and not have stuff on there that are maybe's when the invites go out.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    For those of you in the Facebook group, you've seen what I've been doing today, (cleaning and reorganizing my 286 body sprays).. Tonight we are shopping for a closet organizer that DH can build this weekend. I work tomorrow and Sunday is just a chill day before DH goes on a business trip Monday. Lucky him, I have my glucose test Monday and am sure to be sick and miserable the rest of the day.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Just did the zoo . Tomorrow a little music festival. Sunday our neighborhood has an ice cream social and a neighbor friend is doing a housewarming party

i hope to get a workout or two in too
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Mamax2 said:
    Nothing tonight. Tomorrow is our hospital tour in the morning, and prepping for DD's birthday party the next day. Sunday is church and then DD's party. 
    We have our first hospital tour tomorrow, too! My midwife's office delivers at 2 area hospitals, so we have to check them both out. The second one isn't for another month - I hope I don't forget everything I learn tomorrow to help compare. This pregnancy brain thing...man...it's...what's the word? Not good.

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Options
    @karmba I feel ya, my trip is to Princeton. Would have loved to have gone to one of the India offices, but Princeton is headquarters so Princeton is where I'm headed. Leaving bright and early Sunday morning :)
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Today I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure after doing some super annoying errands. I got new granny panties for pregnancy because my normal underwear are digging into my hips :[

Tomorrow, one of my baby cousins is getting married! He's not actually a baby anymore, but I feel like anyone I can remember being born is always a baby to me. The wedding is at a winery about 2 hours away, and it should be hot as ballz. But I'm sure it'll be lovely.

Sunday, probably recovering from the drive + wedding, and maybe helping my husband make some furniture (or a house for bats - he's a weirdo).

• Options
    I feel ya @ea301 !  I am actually considering maternity panties in the illusionary hope that they will actually be more comfortable. 

took DD2 to a birthday party tonight at a girls salon and boutique, super cute, they wore princess gowns, got makeovers and had a dance party and pillow fight.  tomorrow is more of the same weekend stuff, getting rooms organized and ready, catching up from all week and MIL wants to take us out to dinner. sunday not sure yet, we'll see how Saturday goes.  I want to sort through my yarn and start on a few baby projects, but I keep getting distracted with chores.
  • Options
    Last night we had dinner at home since DH has been out of town all week and then we both went to bed super early. He's had 10+ hour days of working on Lasers this week so a lot of standing and then a 3 hour drive home so he was exhausted. And it was our first full week back at school and I was so tired all week and it caught up with me last night.

Today I need to work on the curtains for L's room and get Dh to put up the curtain rod. I really hope my sewing machine decides to cooperate so I can get the curtains done. I want to go get a pedi today too.

Tomorrow will just be more of the same weekend stuff. Dh has reports to do and I need to meal plan for this week since he'll likely be home and then work on some stuff for school.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think I'm ready to join the Facebook group, not sure how to do that. Any quick pointers? 

I'm throwing a baby shower for a friend on Sunday. I'll be prepping most of today. It was short notice, she's from San Diego and hasn't made a ton of friends here. I used to provide daycare for her 2yr old daughter, when I found out she wasn't having a shower for her #2, I stepped up. She's due in a month!!! Trying to be a good friend:) 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Plus one on wanting to join FB. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We now have a clean, painted room, with a built dresser! Crib comes Tuesday, then I can finish it up with pictures.
  • Options
    @yellingbanana and @caseyewhitaker if you PM me your email I can add you to the group. It's very low key and IMO a very supportive group. I haven't seen anything negative/snarky.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    What @ajstevenson said. 

• Options
    H is gone today helping his grandad chop a tree that was taken down, so I am having a mini-spa day at home by myself. Using some older avoacados, I made a hair mask with 1/4 c olive oil and a Tbs lemon juice, and then made a face mask using an avocado and a Tbs regular yogurt (used Greek) and a little lemon juice. I found the recipes online. I think I'll take a nice bath too. It's crazy to think that in like 3 months I won't have many times like this to myself again. Bittersweet. 
  • Options
    My house is a wreck and it's stressing me out. The living room is full of boxes. All our furniture is in the dining room wrapped in stretch wrap. It's like a maze to get into the (foodless) kitchen. 5 more days...5 more days...I can handle the mess for 5 more days...
  • Options
    @tinattt23 hang in there girl, you're so close!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    So we spent yesterday doing our weekend errands, had a cheap lunch date which was nice, did our usual grocery haul, and then came home and made burgers for dinner. We also spent some time playing with stuff in the baby store and drove around searching for a cardboard dumpster the company had apparently moved. 

Today we went to church and then dropped by the library and I checked out three piles of books (I'm a sucker for Amish and Regency fiction). Then we came home and while DH played Xbox I chatted on the phone with my dad and sister on their car speaker while they drove to the mall. That was really pleasant and unexpected, but I loved getting their call. Finally, we enjoyed a super easy dinner of fettuccini alfredo from Trader Joe's that we tossed some grilled chicken into and had watermelon for dessert. 

I've been sitting here this evening thinking about 24 weeks being viability and really taking comfort in that. I still can't believe we're having a baby after years of trying - it's definitely one of the best blessings and answers to prayer ever. <3

Tonight I've been perusing last year's Black Friday deals on baby stuff to see what I might expect for 2016. Probably not going to be feeling like Miss America or that interested in shopping at that point, but I can always send out DH if we still need stuff and the deals are there.  o:)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man. Added 2.5 hours of climbing and 1.25 hours of yoga to the housewarming party and ice cream social we had on the agenda today. And now I'm wiped. Totally wiped.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    I want to join the Facebook group too. How do I do that? 
  • Options
    Curious about the Facebook group. What goes on there? May be interested in joining :)
  • Options
    Went to an amusement park Saturday and ran into another mama who is having a baby in December. No clue if she's in here or not, but Hey to the mama from Virginia that I spoke to for awhile when our kids and husband were riding the balloons!
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The Facebook group is a bunch of us from here. Lots of the same type of talk and support, more pictures I think cuz it's easier. 

Pm me your email addresses (and tell me you did so I'll check my inbox, I'm mobile so never see notifications) and I'll try to add you.