September 2016 Moms

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• @TheTamedShrew So glad to hear you guys are doing well!!
    @pilotswifey Glad they were able to get the contractions to stop, been there girl, it's scary! I hope baby continues to cook longer
    @Ampip2270 Congratulations!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • RG1RG1 member
    @MrsVoorhees Aww that made my day! Hmm I'll think about it. I have an old account I just need to sign in to activate. Id have to go through and delete people though or it would turn into as much of a time waster as it was before which is why I deleted it. So many things on there I don't care about but can't look away...
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @PoodleDoodleOoo I will echo what other posters have said about mom friends.  I still have my super close non-mom friends but I am WAY closer with the friends I made while pregnant with my son.  All of our babies (3 year olds now) were born within a couple months of each other.  It's so helpful to have other moms sympathize for you when it seems like everything is going crazy or tell you that what your munchkin is doing is totally normal and their kids did the same thing.  And what is even more fun is seeing our kids grow into BEST FRIENDS.  We celebrate together, explore new things together, go to swim lessons together.  It's pretty awesome!!!  I highly suggest finding a mom group in your area.  We all met in a prenatal water aerobics class, but I made other mom friends from local mom groups.  Also your true friends whether they have kids or not will understand when you can't commit to events like you used to in the past. 
  • 38.3 weeks over here and baby is still not even close to engaged. I don't want to rush baby down by any means, but I am curious if anyone has any tips/experience on getting baby engaged. Should I be worried if baby isn't engaged yet? I'm walking a lot, but could definitely be walking more and I will be training my temp starting Wednesday and will be bringing my birthing ball into work so she can sit in my desk chair and I'll sit on the ball...
  • Sbrown721 said:
    38.3 weeks over here and baby is still not even close to engaged. I don't want to rush baby down by any means, but I am curious if anyone has any tips/experience on getting baby engaged. Should I be worried if baby isn't engaged yet? I'm walking a lot, but could definitely be walking more and I will be training my temp starting Wednesday and will be bringing my birthing ball into work so she can sit in my desk chair and I'll sit on the ball...
    Absolutely nothing to be worried about, but I also can't say that I have any experience in getting baby engaged. At the same spot, baby is "floating" as of 38.5 weeks, not yet engaged.. E was the same way and OB assured me both times that baby is just not yet ready. I went from 1cm to active labor the next day with E, but it was 10 days past my due date.

I've been sitting on a birthing ball for 1.5 weeks now, will see on Thursday if engagement has occurred.. but I did this last time starting around my due date, and as mentioned above.. it was still 10 days later before he came, so no idea.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • PSUBecky23PSUBecky23 member
    edited August 2016
    Sbrown721 said:
    38.3 weeks over here and baby is still not even close to engaged. I don't want to rush baby down by any means, but I am curious if anyone has any tips/experience on getting baby engaged. Should I be worried if baby isn't engaged yet? I'm walking a lot, but could definitely be walking more and I will be training my temp starting Wednesday and will be bringing my birthing ball into work so she can sit in my desk chair and I'll sit on the ball...

Reese didn't engage until right before I delivered. As in, she was still super high while I was in labor. Taking a walk while I was in labor helped to speed things up with my contractions but that was really it. She was born at 38+2. Keep walking and bouncing and swaying on the ball. It can't hurt.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PoodleDoodleOoo as a FTM I have no experience with this, but I have similar worries about one of my best friends. We have been friends since high school, have been through everything together, but we are on very different pages in terms of lives. She doesn't ever want kids and doesn't really enjoy kids, so I'm worried about how this will affect our relationship. Of course it will change, but I'm hoping that the strength of our friendship is enough to get us through yet another crazy time in our lives. I worry that she'll have a really hard time understanding the fact that I'm not going to be as available and that my schedule might be downright unpredictable at times. 
  • @Sbrown721 my sister was in labor for 2 days and it wasn't until right before she was ready to push that baby finally engaged.  They couldn't break her water since baby was super high! 
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • All of this talk about labor/engagement/effacement is making me nervous for my next kiddo! This experience was completely out of the norm (induced, epidural before anything ensued so I felt nothing the entire time) so I'm going to be a clueless STM next time around! Oh boy. Learning a lot from you ladies!
  • RG1RG1 member
    @yellowrose314 Thats funny! It seems like I am missing out on some stuff. @bibliobebe Glad to hear from ya ;) 
  • Thanks to those who shared their experiences on changing friendships - i suppose time will tell how things play out and I can't really stress about it too much.

Another question: How can you tell if your baby has "dropped" or is "engaged"? I feel like my pelvis is more tender/sore lately, but all my joints are, so I figured that it doesn't mean much. 
  • @PoodleDoodleOoo - I only know from cervical checks. When she is elbow deep (it feels like that, my cervix is very very high) and she presses on the head it still moves around a bit.  I have no way of knowing myself, my bump always seems settled lower in the evenings but means nothing for me.  Not sure if there's any way of knowing on your own.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • RG1RG1 member
    AnnaS930 said:
    @RG1 Please oh please let me be the mama of your dreams tonight!!!  Also.. I would be so disappointed when I woke up and realized that the fancy cheese shop was only in my dreams. Cheese for Life.
    We currently have Isle of Man by Presidents Choice (not sure the actual type of cheese it is) and a fancy smoked cheddar in our fridge. We always have fancy cheese on hand!
  • RG1RG1 member
    @PoodleDoodleOoo My baby dropped between two appointments. I noticed I could breathe easier but more pressure on my vagina. Like felt swollen down there. And increased lightening crotch 
  • RG1 said:
    AnnaS930 said:
    @RG1 Please oh please let me be the mama of your dreams tonight!!!  Also.. I would be so disappointed when I woke up and realized that the fancy cheese shop was only in my dreams. Cheese for Life.
    We currently have Isle of Man by Presidents Choice (not sure the actual type of cheese it is) and a fancy smoked cheddar in our fridge. We always have fancy cheese on hand!
    I have Cabot Seriously Sharp... it's not fancy, but it's goooooooooooooooooooood
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoodleDoodleOoo I was told at my week 36 cervical check. I haven't had a check since, but my midwife said that I will finally be able to breathe easier and that it can feel like I'm walking around with a bowling ball between my legs.
  • Ok now I need some cheese and crackers! I definitely picked up a bunch of Reese's last week after everyone was talking about them. Now if it would only stop raining so I have the motivation to go to the store. 
  • @marikkita12 check the spinning babies website! There have been a few threads on this too, I think. Good luck! Glad he's a good size. He can flip on his own all the way up to the last minute, hope he does for you!
  • @MrsVoorhees sounds like a great work shower, you've got some thoughtful coworkers!! 

Guys, all this talk of cheese. I need lots of cheese. ASAP. 

• Wow I need to buy cheese now that all sounds sooo good.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JLmama118 We are crazy!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I quit dairy 10 days ago and I miss it so much
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic