January 2017 Moms

Weekend GTKY

What/who do you follow on social media? Are you into celebrities? Foodies? Politics? 

Re: Weekend GTKY

• In addition to following friends, my Instagram/Facebook feed is filled with positive birth/pregnancy messages and photos, breastfeeding, baked goods, attachment parenting, parent humor/memes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm only on Instagram - I follow my IRL friends and some funny cats and dogs. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I follow a lot of politics, it's pretty depressing and discouraging all around this cycle but I still find it incredibly interesting.  In terms of lifestyle I following Scary Mommy, Fearless Formula Feeder and SciBabe.  I'm also part of a sleep group and a recess activism group and I love keeping up with things there as well. 
  • I have fb and instagram. On fb I only follow people that I know or have met. My Instagram is filled with wedding vendors(could probably unfollow those now), babies and different memes and stores, I follow most of the cast from the bachelor/bachelorette seasons(I'm a definite member of bachelor nation), I follow friends and family, and also funny nursing memes.
  • On FB I follow mostly friends and fam, and a few pages- EWG and the Credible Hulk (to balance each other lol), a couple of scientists, Euronews and Afronews and local news, some running pages and a bunch of feminist pages

On IG I follow a couple photography pages- this Russian ballerina and Nat Geo etc- feminist activists, some birthing/motherhood pages and activists, and lately a crap ton of brands trying to win baby stuff lol! 

On on twitter I follow local activists, comedians, but I'm never on twitter

On snapchat I only follow my 18 year old sister to spy on her  :#
  • I only have Facebook. I follow a few respectful parenting/Magda Gerber pages, babywearing communities, photographers and ESL teaching pages. Not too much. 
  • edited August 2016
    Facebook - friends and family, plus a few bloggers that I've found on pinterest /Instagram and follow for giveaways.  Also several Catholic pages, such as the Catholic news agency and the Vatican,and lots of prolife pages . It's important to me that I know what's going on with my religion on a global scale, and it's often not covered by mainstream media and when it is, they often don't have their facts straight.  Also, I follow several book oriented pages and am a part of the ALA Facebook so I can attempt to keep up professionally - not always easy when you're a stay at home mom. 

Instagram - friends and family, some celebrities, Catholic pages, and bloggers, especially the Six Sisters because I'm obsessed with their recipes haha

I don't have a twitter and while I follow certain people on Pinterest, I really couldn't tell you who other than my friends because I simply don't pay attention to who's posting what on there.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am subscribed to a 'health & fitness expert' named Emily Skye on facebook. She has pretty awesome workout plans and videos that I used to do every week before getting pregnant. Other than that I don't really follow anyone else, lol.
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm only on fb and follow friends/family, food pages and teaching pages. I lead an exciting life let me tell ya! Lol I do use a lot of pins on Pinterest and try out a ton of recipes. 
  • FB--- I have family & friends, and I follow "tasty" food videos, the Catholic Church, "nifty" craft videos, Tampa Bay Times (our local newspaper), my university, my sorority's official page and my chapter's page, and Vogue. 

IG-- I follow family & friends, looooooots of fashion bloggers/clothes boutiques/lifestyle bloggers (some of my favs: Seersucker & Saddles, dallaswardrobe, extrapetite, emily schuman, Emily Ley), and looooooooots of food/make up artists/hair stylists, and some wedding things. LOL. I actually used to post on IG a lot but now I just kind of use to to follow blogs, etc. OH and I LOVE HGTV, so I follow Christina el Moussa from Flip or Flop cause I love her! 

I am open to suggestions on mommy related blogs, etc! I need to get on that. A lot of bloggers I love have young children, but would love some dedicated mom group suggestions!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• edited August 2016
    FB--- I have family & friends, and I follow "tasty" food videos, the Catholic Church, "nifty" craft videos, Tampa Bay Times (our local newspaper), my university, my sorority's official page and my chapter's page, and Vogue. 

IG-- I follow family & friends, looooooots of fashion bloggers/clothes boutiques/lifestyle bloggers (some of my favs: Seersucker & Saddles, dallaswardrobe, extrapetite, emily schuman, Emily Ley), and looooooooots of food/make up artists/hair stylists, and some wedding things. LOL. I actually used to post on IG a lot but now I just kind of use to to follow blogs, etc. OH and I LOVE HGTV, so I follow Christina el Moussa from Flip or Flop cause I love her! 

I am open to suggestions on mommy related blogs, etc! I need to get on that. A lot of bloggers I love have young children, but would love some dedicated mom group suggestions!
    Powerful Mothering is fantastic.  A lot of her posts are toddler/pre-k oriented because that's how old her kids are, but if you go through her archives she may have some infant posts.  Even if she doesn't, she's a good one to follow for later; her activities are awesome.  I tried this one with DD the other night and she had a blast - literally just poking pipe cleaners through the holes of a steamer basket, but when you're 14 months, that's thrilling apparently, haha!: 

Also, I very highly recommend that you subscribe to the Lucie's List emails.  She sends them out so you'll receive them at the appropiate time for your child's age, and they're full of super helpful advice, as well as recommendations for the best products out there for babies 
  • @karaelaine1991 that activity is so cute! thank you for your suggestions! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• @karaelaine1991 My little guy used to love doing that too! 
  • edited August 2016
     @nolemama no problem! 

@ElleMF728 it's seriously amazing how easily toddlers are amused!
  • colleenkevincolleenkevin member
    edited August 2016
    In addition to friends and family, on Facebook I follow some mommy pages, attachment parenting, positive night time parenting, breasteeding, Saving Sons, a few fitness pages, a grammar page lol.  

On Onstagram I follow a lot of the same but also some food related ones, musicians and actors, kids are the worst :), and positive birth and post-birth pages (I really recommend 4thtribodies if you're interested in positive postpartum body image and reading birth stories)

BabyFetus Ticker

• On FB I mostly just have real life friends/family and the people in my mommy groups.  On Instagram I try to follow random, interesting accounts.  I follow an astronaut, a Tibetan monk, an autopsy tech, the TSA, a Danish potter, some style/fashion ladies, and other assorted interesting people.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @karaelaine1991 the strainer+pipe cleaner trick has been my lifesaver lately. I can clean the whole kitchen before she's done. 
  • As far as friends, I've only got people I know in real life. I follow so many food pages, all the dog pages, comedians and a few other celebrities, National Geographic, Giants, Warriors, and 49ers. 
  • I do mostly friends and family. I follow s few teacher bloggers. 
  • I deleted Twitter recently because I never used it. And once Instagram changed their algorithm I lost interest. So now it's mainly FB and I haven't been on there a ton lately. I mostly have family and friends and I follow people like George Takei and like Star Trek and the Today Show and Buzzfeed and those Buy/Sell groups among other very random ones. My MIL is constantly posting passive aggressive memes and all the political stuff is getting heated so I'm kinda standing back a bit.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I basically follow people I know on both FB and IG, but I also follow some politicians, a few bloggers and some fitness people that I admire.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • On FB I follow family and friends. Also multiple mom groups, fitness motivation and healthy food pages.
  • FB is only my friends and family and maybe 5 bloggers that I like. 

Snapchat & IG are friends and celebs and TV reality stars because that is my guilty pleasure. 

I have a twitter account but rarely use it. I would like to get into it more as I would like to UP my social media game lol 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• I love following celebrities on Instagram; guilty pleasure. I'm sad Justin Bieber has closed his Instagram (I am secretly worried about him). I also follow all of my friends too, but since we all have babies/kids, our posts get a bit repetitive! I can't get into Snapchat; I try.

The mom side of me follows some lunchbox companies for lunch ideas! (Planetbox and Yumbox).
  • Guilty pleasure - IG I follow the bachelor/bachelorette people.  

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• The people I follow on IG are my dearest friends, artists, musicians, drag stars, photographers, and style gurus. 

FB I really only lurk to keep up with loved ones in other states and to revel in the fact that I left my hometown.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• IG - I follow all my IRL friends, fashion bloggers, a few foodie type IG's and a few celebrities but mostly kind of B celebrities. 

FB- I only have IRL friends and community organizations or businesses I support... also a few bands!

• Only FB here. I follow my family in England so I feel not so out of the loop. I also kept up with politics but found it so stressing, I had to unfollow several friends and pages; this cycle is depressing. Now, my feed is filled with cats, rescue animals, food videos (drool), and nifty craft projects that I'll never do.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.