January 2016 Moms
Options

Xmas & 1st bday Gifts

Are there any must have Xmas or 1st bday gifts that you are thinking of getting? Everything I look at has a recommended age of 2 or higher. I want to get him something big like a water table or ride on toy. Any ideas? Has anyone tried a balance bike this young? 

Re: Xmas & 1st bday Gifts

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing! My husbands cousin bought her a little tykes slide (on clearance now!) for Xmas. She can use it in the summer obviously. I'm going to tell people bath toys. I like the water table and train table idea! But also books, maybe those puzzle things that they put the dog piece where it fits etc. My parents got her and my 4 month nephew a wooden wagon that the wheels come off and you put skis on it for winter walks. Canadian tire for any Canadians out there. But being so young I may just say toys r us gift cards. Come summer we will want outdoor toys and we are getting a pool so some pool stuff for her. She has soo many clothes so I'm praying she gets very little of that. I like the idea of the something you want, need, wear and read! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I'm going to get him one of the anywhere chairs from pottery barn kids! That might be more a gift for me because he could care less where he sits but they're just so darn cute haha 
  • Options
    kaym6 said:
    I think I'm going to get him one of the anywhere chairs from pottery barn kids! That might be more a gift for me because he could care less where he sits but they're just so darn cute haha 
    I need to look up this chair!
  • Options
    I know Freya is too young but I can't wait to get her a wooden mini kitchen set. They are just so cute. At this point all she'd do with it is put the stuff in her mouth. :) I love the water table idea too. 
  • Options
    We gave my son a cozy coupe pick-up truck for his 1st birthday and he loved it! He is 3 and still uses it all the time. Not sure what we will get for our daughter, maybe a cozy coupe car. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband, stepsons, and father-in-law are making a busy board as a project. We plan on giving it to her for Christmas. 
    https://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/everything-kids/this-dad-made-an-incredible-homemade-busy-board-for-his/
  • Options

Sorry if the pic is huge... this is what we bought for my son's first birthday (Vtech alphabet activity cube). Size wise, it's relatively big, but he still loves it (and so does Brynlee, now). It has music, you can attack the blocks, there's numbers, a toy phone (his favorite part ever), and a storage place for all the blocks. I got it on sale at Babies R Us last year for only like $25!