April 2017 Moms

Stupid Question Sunday 8/28

Any basic, awkward, or embarrassing questions that you've been too shy to ask, ask 'em here!

Re: Stupid Question Sunday 8/28

• @rachelgreene I totally have that too...it's so uncomfortable!
  • Loading the player...
  • @RachelGreene hahaha!!! Yes! It is definitely a thing. I feel like the perma-erect nipples are always showing through my bra and shirt.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @RachelGreene
    I have this too! Don't remember it from my first pregnancy, but who knows...
    I am hoping it calms down soon, but part of me thinks I will have no such luck!
  • MHL2MHL2 member
    Best pregnancy face wash for acne? I'm desperate...
  • @MHL2 I've never heard of a face wash specifically for pregnancy acne. Just try whatever you find at the drugstore; Biore, Neutrogena, Burts Bees, etc etc.
  • @MHL2 my doc says not to use anything with salisylic (sp?) acid - the main ingredient in most acne washes.  I use apple cider vinegar to spot treat when they crop up.  It works great for me.
    **TW kids and loss mentioned**

-- DS 3.8.14
    -- MC 9.22.16 at 8 wks

• MHL2MHL2 member
    I probably should have asked about the best face wash that's ok to use while pregnant ;) looked up a few things to avoid but some of the face washes don't give ingredients. I'll try almost anything at this point. Thanks ladies! 
  • Most of what I've read has said that using salicylic acid is fine if used topically once or twice daily; it's orally that it bad. However if you're trying to avoid it, witch hazel, sulfur and tea tree oil can be effective. Some suggestions, Burts Bees, The Body Shop and Shea Moisture.
  • I've been using the oil cleaning method for several years (basically a mix of olive oil + castor oil, plus a bit of tea tree oil) and I'm still using it. https://theartofsimple.net/oil-cleansing-method/ I found typical face washes dried out my skin too much.  

I still have acne like whoa right now because of the hormones, but I think it helps them clear up faster and also helps makes scars/marks go away faster over time!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Most of what I've read has said that using salicylic acid is fine if used topically once or twice daily; it's orally that it bad. However if you're trying to avoid it, witch hazel, sulfur and tea tree oil can be effective. Some suggestions, Burts Bees, The Body Shop and Shea Moisture.
    I LOVE every product from Shea moisture!!! They smell amazing! I didnt know they made a facewash, which I will now have to find. I use the body shop's vitamin E line and I like it, especially the night cream. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MHL2 I use Nivea Pure and Natural which doesn't contain salicylic acid. But as @LittleChick2 said you should be fine with otc face washes as they aren't super concentrated.
  • With DD my doctor said salicylic acid is totally fine if it is like 1% or 2% or just like a normal OTC amount. So, I have just been using mine like normal. I have crazy oily skin and it is even worse during pregnancy so there is no way I am doing anything different. I am all about drying my skin out as much as possible. I have tried the natural stuff it does nothing for me. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use a raw honey and lemon juice  mixture and apple cider  vinegar as a toner.  You can make it yourself so you know it is all good for baby and it works well.
  • @MHL2 I've stopped using face wash unless i'm in the shower. I use the face wipes first thing in the morning before I workout and right before bed. That seems to work best for me these days.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker