Pregnant after a Loss

Ultrasounds- triggering

I have experienced 2 missed m/c- one at 14 wks after 3 positive/normal u/s and one at 9 wks after 4 wks of u/s hell. 

Even during my rainbow pregnancy (between my losses) every u/s elicited anxiety for me. My first u/s for this pg is this Thursday. I'll be 7w3d. The practice offered to do it as soon as 6 wks, especially since my hcg was so high (54k), but I put it off bc u/s just scare me now and I wanted to just enjoy pg for the extra 1.5 wks as much as my pgal mind will allow. 

Symptoms don't ease my mind as I've had them with both loss pg as well as my healthy ones.

What do you guys do to lift the anxiety and stress of u/s? I'm already anxious that I've entered the week of this u/s and I still have 4 days to go. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.

Re: Ultrasounds- triggering

• I also find u/s super stressful. With 2 of my m/c baby stopped development at 9 weeks but looked perfectly normal at 8 week u/s. So for this PG I refused all early u/s. I figured there was nothing we could do if it was bad news and could only give false hope with good news. I waited until 11 weeks and had a great u/s. Yes the wait was stressful but I think it was emotional healthier this time. The pgal mantras do help me as well as staying busy. DS got his room redecorated during my first tri this PG. Good luck to you! FX for a nice sticky one!!

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• I'm with you. I'm in my u/s week and it's happening before the point at which I lost my first baby. I don't know how to deal with it, but you're not alone in that for sure.

@MeganWorden I was nearly the same. Healthy u/s at 8w, lost baby at 8.5-9 weeks, but it was missed and didn't know until 11 weeks. My u/s was originally 9 weeks and they moved me up to this week (7w) because they had an opening, and I'm mildly regretting it. Much luck to you and OP both. 
  • Loading the player...
  •  I hear ya how symptoms don't bring you any relief that's things are OK, cause I also had lots of symptoms with both my MMC's. On the flip side of that this current pregnancy has taught me that the disappearance of symptoms also means nothing. Really, since I know I can't trust my body's symptoms or my now PGAL skewed brain, I try to just let it go, cause there's absolutely nothing I can do. So if I start to get panicky I to push it out of my mind. My therapist said to try and visualize a box, put those worrisome thoughts in it and put it on a shelf. So it's like OK to have those feelings but for now your going to put them away so you can function during the day and you can take them out later and revisit them if you need to. So maybe you could try that?
    When I get nervous for US's I look at it as another step forward to one outcome or another, either finding out the pregnancy is lost or its continuing on the path to a baby. Either way I'm getting closer to finding out something and I hate being in limbo so that's good. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes. 
  • Thanks for the responses. Yes, it's one step closer to knowing if this pg has a chance or not. That is what I needed to hear. It won't be a guarantee of course, but at least I'll know if things are progressing or not for now. I can do this.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Yes! You totally can do it! Keep us posted!
  • @mwoodside is your appointment today? Good luck and I hope it goes well!
  • Wonderful news! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers