Pregnant after a Loss

hCG-Update!

carterh33carterh33 member
edited August 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hello! I thought I needed Provera for a super long cycle so I went in for a blood draw and I found out I was pregnant instead! Due to a past mmc, I went in for blood work. When I found out I was pregnant my hCG was about 35 and 48hrs later it was only 49. They should be doubling every 48-72hrs. With how crazy my cycles have been I could just be very early in my pregnancy, but the nurse told me not to get my hopes up and thinks it may be a CP. I had another blood draw to test my hCG yesterday and I won't get the results until Monday. Any one hear or experience anything like this? 

Re: hCG-Update!

• I have been in the situation where I was having multiple hcg and waiting. It's hard. I would wait and see what the next tests show. with hcg they are looking for a pattern. one test alone and even just two tests won't necessarily give you the information needed. the waiting is hard, I've been there. try to do something relaxing that you enjoy ro distract yourself and be kind to yourself. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
    edited August 2016
    Especially in early pregnancy your numbers should be doubling every 72 hours max. I would take your nurses advice as this sounds like a CP.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately I agree with @AandDM2014 - I'm sorry that it's not looking good right now - please keep us updated. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• This did happen to me with my second loss. Hopefully that isn't hapoening to you. I do recall reading stories online of cases where a loss did not result despite slow rising hcg. Hang in there.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I'll get the results tomorrow and let you all know. I appreciate you all taking the time to respond. 
  • carterh33carterh33 member
    edited August 2016
    hcg went up to 88! So not quite but almost doubled and this was from last Wednesday to last Friday. I have another blood test today today to see how the numbers are going.
  • My numbers went down so that of course means I had a mc. 
  • Oh no! I'm so sorry  :(
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers