November 2016 Moms
Options

What are your "Must Get Done" items before baby comes??

I know I've had a mental checklist going on for the past ohhhh 28 weeks or so, but am just now writing it down on paper. So I wanted to hear from y'all what your must get done things are. 

Re: What are your "Must Get Done" items before baby comes??

• Options
    Honestly if the baby came tomorrow we would have everything we need to survive for a while. Only thing that would need to be done is pick a name but otherwise we've got everything we have to have - unless I'm forgetting some big things haha. We have furniture, some clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, pump, pack n play, car seat.

Of course the baby room needs decorated, and get rid of some other stuff in there that needs to find a new home. At some point I'd like to make some room in our freezer and make some food ahead of time that we can have on hand. 
  • Options
    The only thing we really need to do is purchase a dresser or 2 and bring all the infant stuff down from the attic/organize it. 
    I wanted to get the drop ceiling tiles in the dining room replaced and the bathroom painted, but hubby is slacking on those tasks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need some diapers and to get a "just in case" container of formula for when we come home. Other than that, I'll order my pump once I deliver and I get it at the hospital before I go home.
  • Options
    We haven't done anything yet.  So quite a bit.  This will be our 3rd, so we have a lot of stuff.
      But our infant carseat was set to expire this winter, so we traded it in.  In terms of absolute needs, we need a carseat, diapers, bottles, pacis, and formula.  If I went into labor today, those things are easy enough to run out and pick up.  In terms of wants, we want to transition our youngest to her sister's room, figure out how to meld their decorations, decorate the nursery, set up the cosleeper in our room, wash and organize baby clothes, find the lovie we have for her, etc.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    We have done nothing for this babe so far!

For where she will sleep/live: we need to add some storage shelving to our room, get bins for her clothes, and get my co-sleeper from my friend who is borrowing it. We're planning to move sometime in 2017 so we won't be doing an official nursery this time (we didn't even use the one we had last time for nearly a year!).

Mostly though, I have to have hubby get all my baby stuff down from the attic so I can wash and prep all of it for use this time. 

I should probably also do a huge donation load of crap we have around our house before we bring a new person into it. 

We'd also like to have my car windows tinted, but I don't know if we'll do that before next summer. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ObunObun member
    We have some odds and ends, but we need so much more. It's getting overwhelming.
    EDD: 11/28/2016
  • Options
    @Obun don't worry I know it feels like the fall is approaching quickly but you will get what you need! Just make a list of must haves... which really are just diapers and wipes, some onesies and such and formula/bottles if you plan on using it. As long as you have a car seat and somewhere for the baby to sleep all the other stuff you can get after he/she arrives. Try not to stress!
  • Options
    ObunObun member
    @leighry Thanks so much for the advice  <3
    EDD: 11/28/2016
  • Options
    Our new house closes Thursday so within the next couple weeks we plan to get the nursery done on top of the house unpacked. We have diapers and wipes and some clothes. We also have a stroller and car seat so we will make do if need be! Otherwise we're waiting on my showers before buyin anything else. 
  • Options
    My husband has yet to assemble the baby furniture! No washing of baby clothes til that happens so everything is stacked somewhere. 
  • Options
    FTM and I have not done nothing yet. I really want to get the nursery done but it's a bit hard since I've been on bedrest, so now its up to DH. I know my family will get me most everything I need at my shower in Sep.  
  • Options
    STM so we have everything, but I want to have the carpets cleaned and pay someone to do a deep clean of the house once before DS gets here. We did that before DD arrived and it made things nice and stress free for a while not having to think about cleaning. On that note you might consider hiring someone to come over once a month to clean the bathrooms and such until you get on your feet after baby is born. It's really nice to let someone else do that kind of stuff while you adjust to being a new mom.
  • Options
    Every-Freaking-Thing!! Lol 
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• Options
    We have a ton to do!  I am waiting until after the shower to purchase anything else.  I have clothes, a changing table, a pack of diapers, and some blankets but that is about it (and a variety of samples I've collected).  We moved last month, so right now the nursery is empty and is just being used as storage right now.  We plan to set up a crib and whatnot in there, but will use the pack n play in our room at the beginning.  After the shower we will set up stuff and/or buy the things we still need to get started.  I am on the lookout for an armoire or something I can make a closet out of too.  My shower is in 3 weeks.  My goal is to have the nursery set up by October 8th.  Baby is due November 7th.  I am not prepared for an early arrival!

@rspalding001 I like your idea of a deep clean!  I will add that to my list for sure.     

• Options
    FTM. I have items on Amazon ready to go if we need anything ASAP. I have not purchased a thing though. I am waiting for the baby shower to get an idea of what essentials I will still need to purchase. We already did the rearranging of furniture and will most likely purchase the crib within 2-3 weeks so that area will be set up. I hand painted the wall decorations and will be putting them up when we set up the crib. I get anxious thinking about all the little things that need to be accomplished. 

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, this list is killing me. I update it daily.
    • Work stuff.... So much succession work stuff that I'm pretty much panicking about it.
    • Nursery done (waiting on my parents to pick a weekend to come help me, dad's doing some construction work that I wouldn't trust my very sweet, very non-handy husband to do)
    • Hand-me-downs washed, organized and put away
    • Go pick up the glider for the nursery
    • Schedule and complete birth classes
    • Schedule and complete hospital tour
    • Get new insurance picked for the office and get us all enrolled (yay, our new insurance starts November 1st which means that max out of pocket I've been paying towards will completely reset right when baby's born... ugh!)
    • Baby shower
    • Install carseat in the car (I'm still not sure what the right side is!)
    • Pack hospital bag
    • Do our wills and life insurance
    There's more but I don't want to stress anyone else out as much as I am right now. 11w is not enough time!
  • Options
    MollySm said:
    We haven't done anything yet.  So quite a bit.  This will be our 3rd, so we have a lot of stuff.

In terms of wants, we want to transition our youngest to her sister's room, figure out how to meld their decorations, decorate the nursery, set up the cosleeper in our room, wash and organize baby clothes, find the lovie we have for her, etc.  

In the box...  but this is pretty much us.   With our second it was a much smaller list but with this one it seems and is a huge list...  Not quite sure why....  In fact, it's a whole 8.5 x 11 page list.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Options
    Hmm...I need to get out, wash, and put away the infant clothes. Also I need to strip and wash all our diapers since my DS just stopped using them (training underwear during the day, disposable diaper at night). Install car seat, pack hospital bag, birth center registration paperwork. Right now I'm more concerned with figuring out our fall daycare/work schedule and getting DD and DS registered for fall activities.
  • Options
    This is our third. I picked up some newborn diapers at target. Done!

but seriously, I have to get ds1 and ds2 to sleep in the same room, install the car seat, and pack a bag for the hospital. 
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    name
    car seat
    paint both girls' rooms - we just moved DD into her big girl room, but we want to paint and decorate for her. DD#2 will use all DD#1 old room stuff, but we will paint it a different color bc it's currently DDs favorite color and she wants her new room that color and that way DD#2 room is just a little different from when it was #1s room.

Deep clean house
    get out everything from DD, wash, and put away
    find a long term sub and do lesson plans for work
    I'm sure there's a lot more 
  • Options
    Install car seat bases, pack hospital bag, shower at the end of September...I've been buying boxes of diapers and wipes off of Amazon lately when I see there's a good deal...other than that the nursery is done, name.is chosen, and clothes.are all sorted and clean! (Did that last night lol)
    I think she's good on clothes lol...(all hand me downs)
  • Options
    We've been doing a lot of purging and re-organizing. Also the second floor of our house is a construction zone. It was one big attic room that we are turning into two rooms- my office and DD's bedroom. Once that is finally done, hopefully in the next month, we'll have to transition DD upstairs into her new room, and set her current room up as the nursery.

I still need to dig everything out of storage- all of the baby clothes, blankets, the swing, bouncer, playmat, rock n play, toys, bottles, etc. All of the fabric stuff needs to be washed, and all of the plastic stuff needs to be sanitized and/or sterilized.

Let's see- I have to see if my pump still works! And order a new one if it doesn't. Car seat needs to be installed. I have to set up the video monitor. And pack hospital bags.

And I haven't bought anything yet. Basically, I've done nothing to prepare for this baby, lol. Thankfully, I have the big stuff from my first. But, I still do need to buy new pump parts, soothie gel pads, disposable nursing pads, lanolin, nipples for the bottles, pacis, new bottle brushes, crib sheets, a large wet bag, a diaper champ, diapers, wipes, another sound machine, and a double stroller.

Thanks for this post! It finally made me sit down and make a list of the stuff I have to do, which is everything...

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • Options
    flash86flash86 member
    edited August 2016
    I've bought a car seat. And that is all.
  • Options
    Second babe so don't need to do too too much. 

Need a new car seat. Need to wash and put away newborn and 0-3 month clothes. Tidy up nursery since it's become a storage area (how did that happen!?). Buy diapers. 

So a very easy, manageable list. 
  • Options
    I need to go through DS#1 room so I can start putting DS#2 clothes away in there (after they are washed of course) plus I have to wash all the bedding/padding for the swing, bouncer, bassinet, playpen so I can start setting everything up. 
  • Options
    Looks fab! What kind of detergent do you use? I recently learned about Dreft and not sure if that's really needed...
  • Options
    Looks fab! What kind of detergent do you use? I recently learned about Dreft and not sure if that's really needed...
    We always just used whatever detergent I was always using. Dreft has a ton of added fragrance and you are probably better off using a gentle regular detergent.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lenacoilbov I use baby All its a hypoallergenic with no sent and I only use it for the first few months. I have used dreft before and love the sent but DD#1 actually broke out from it so I stopped using it. 
  • Options
    Big Thing: getting Maternity plans done for my classroom
    Small Thing: getting girly things like sheets (since this is our first girl), some pink/pretty onesies and sleepers, pacis, new breast pump and bottles
    Otherwise we have everything from our boys and some items from friends.