Infertility
Options

Introducing myself

Hello all, 

I'm new here. I've been a lurker for a while but decided it was finally time to introduce myself. I'm 28 and have been TTC since last November. After stopping birth control and not getting a cycle for a few months, I went to my OBGYN who thought maybe my  body just needed a little help getting going and tried to jump start it with provera. That resulted in a period but then nothing, so I was referred to my RE. 

My RE diagnosed me with PCOS in June and we have been trying to figure out the right mix of meds for me. On my first round of clomid I did ovulate, but had a very thin lining and no luck. I had tried really hard to manage my expectations since I knew it wasn't likely with my lining, but it was still devastating when AF came around. I am trying to remind myself that it's a good thing that I got a cycle at all. 

On my second round of clomid I went in for monitoring and I didn't have any follicles. My doc upped my clomid dosage and I go in tomorrow for an ultrasound. I am super anxious about whether the increased dosage will work and whether my lining will continue to be a problem. 

Anyway it's definitely been a tough process so far, and most of my closest friends aren't anywhere close to TTC so while they are wonderful and kind and let me vent they can't really understand how it all feels, and I find it's very hard to really put into words. So I figured it was time to jump in and am looking forward to connecting with you ladies who definitely (unfortunately) know how I'm feeling. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introducing myself

• Options
    Welcome!! Everyone here is amazing. I've only been here less than a week and it's so refreshing to get all the support. None of my friends are going through the struggles i am so they really don't understand. 

FX for a great u/s tomorrow!
  • Options
    Thanks! I had my ultrasound this morning and my lining was improved and I had three follicles, so he gave me my trigger shot! For the first time in a while I felt like we got some good news.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ClaireCF Welcome!  This is a great place to vent your troubles and ask questions... I agree with @OSUBeth61910... It's great to come here for support because there are so many people who are going through what you are and can offer advice and stories to help ease your mind.  Glad you got some good news today!

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Options
    Angelic789Angelic789 member
    edited August 2016
    Hi, ClaireCF! Saw word PCOS and burst into tears! I remembered the nightmare it brought me along with endo :'( Will tell you my story to make your spirits up. Hope my post will help to gain some strength. So here we go.. To start with  know perfectly well what a rollercoaster the process is. A year ago we passed DE ivf in Ukrainian clinic Biotexcom. I was diagnosed on endo & pcos, dh - absolutely ok. The only problem was in me and that made me cry every other day. Besides my issues brought me constant pains. Finally after all the testing for both done our RE gave us less than 5% verdict of conceiving with own eggs. He suggested looking onto egg donation. You know both factors must be vital for success - embryo quality and environment it is placed into. We had 3 shots. Each time 2 nice healthy 5-day blasts were placed but because of that environment issues we got BFNs twice  :s I thought miracle won't happen to us and I would blame myself every day and wish my dh wouldn't have married me at all. How insane I was! Poor thing is every girl blaming herself. Thankfully our nightmare ended with the 3rd shot, which was quite unexpected..  
    I think the moment we almost loose all our hope and are knocked down with the events but still are crawling to the aim God finally blesses us... I wish your stay here is short and smooth. Be strong, hun, baby dust to you! <3

• Options
    @Angelic789 thank you for the encouragement! I know exactly what you mean about feeling like it's all my fault, that is how I have been feeling the last few months and it's so hard. Even though DH doesn't look at it like that at all and always tries to stay positive I can't help it. I'm so glad to have the support on here from people who know exactly how I feel!