Trouble TTC

TTTC Interim checkin 8/25/2016

GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
edited August 2016 in Trouble TTC
Hello everybody!

I've been working on our checkin list for two days now and just realized that I'd better just go ahead and put an interim post up in the meantime.

The nice thing about this research is that we have quite a few unannounced BFP's, which really makes my heart glad!

Housekeeping: If you have not posted anything in the last 6 weeks and still want to be in the checkin (even if you're on a break) please be sure to let us know in this post.

The next regular checkin will be this coming Monday and will include last week's updates. Even so, feel free to let us know how you're doing/feeling in this post.  Congratulations to BFP's and hugs to anyone who needs one!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Interim checkin 8/25/2016

• I loved seeing this week's BFPs and embabies-- it has really helped me have hope that my luck can turn around! Currently sitting here getting some labs done to see if the regimine my dr put me on had increased my tumor necrosis factor & lowered by DHEA. If it has we will be able to ttc again this month! Fingers crossed.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • I hope everyone is doing well! I took a break from the boards earlier this month but am back now. We had to put our elderly kitty to sleep on the 14th :'(  Our main focus around that time was taking care of him, hoping he might bounce back, and eventually just spending as much quality time with him as we could before the inevitable. We had been treating him for intestinal cancer for a good 22 months, and we are trying to remember to be thankful for that extra time we had and all the great memories he brought us. He passed away peacefully at the vet's office surrounded by DH and I.

We did manage to get our 3rd IUI done the morning of the 13th. I had one good follicle at 23mm and my lining looked great (so femara definitely worked better for me than clomid). DH's count was also the best it's been. My beta is scheduled for 8/29, but I'll probably test tomorrow and/or Saturday. I haven't felt any different, except some headaches and tiredness today and yesterday but that usually comes before my period anyway. After lots of discussion with my RE and DH, we've decided to plan to move forward with IVF if this cycle doesn't work out. I was pretty hesitant about it at first, but I feel more confident about our decision after talking to our RE and these boards have definitely helped ease my mind about it too.
    Me: 30 DH: 33
    Married June 2012
    TTC #1 since Oct 2014
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    March 2016: IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    April-May 2016: treatment on hold due to bad thyroid levels, adjusted meds
    June 2016: IUI#2 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    July 2016: on hold again due to thyroid
    July 13th: IVF consult
    August 2016: IUI#3 w/ Femara, Ovidrel, Progresterone - BFN
    Sept/Oct 2016: IVF + ICSI

• Loading the player...
  • @ReesaAnne16 I'm so glad you aren't having bad side effects. Letrozole for the WIN! @meli123k I'm glad you have peace about moving forward. I am rooting for you and everybody else on this board.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @ReesaAnne16 seeing IUI success would be great! I'm glad you've heard success stories lately! Hope Wednesday gives you great results :)

I'm looking at doing my 3rd IUI this cycle and if it doesn't work we'll be taking a break for a bit to regroup. Having a hard time not being pessimistic about this one. Day 12 US is Sunday. Here's hoping for good results. 

• @lablover78 FX for good results and that you can start again this month!!!!!

@meli123k I am so sorry for your loss, that is so hard!!!!!!!  I'm glad the Femara worked better for you, it did for me, too.  FX that this is your cycle!  

@ReesaAnne16 FX for your scans!!!! I didn't have any side effects on letrozole either, and it worked much better for me than clomid!  

@smokinangel FX for Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking of everyone on this board so much this week, I followed you all for months before I posted and it is such a comforting place to be.  My blood tests on Wednesday went well, though hCG is still a little low (41) it quadrupled from Monday's tests so they were happy about that!  Now we wait....they'll do an ultrasound on September 6th to look for the sac!  I'm finding it really hard not to take a pregnancy test every day until then!!!!  But I am really really tired all the time and my boobs are killing me so I am just taking those as good signs! So nervous though!!!!!!!!!  
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @lablover78 I hope your labs show good results!

@ReesaAnne16 That's great the letrozole isn't giving you side affects! I felt so much better when a took that instead of clomid...clomid made me cranky, extra sleepy, and worst of all thinned my lining. I only got one follie with the letrozole but it was a much better size than on the clomid. Hoping for good follies for you! :)

@clt2pwm11 Thank you, and congrats!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

@smokinangel Fingers crossed that third time's the charm!

@BWhitta Congrats and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :)

Glad to see there have been a lot of BFP's lately :) Congrats to anyone I missed while I was away!
    Me: 30 DH: 33
    Married June 2012
    TTC #1 since Oct 2014
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    March 2016: IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    April-May 2016: treatment on hold due to bad thyroid levels, adjusted meds
    June 2016: IUI#2 w/ Clomid, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Estradiol - BFN
    July 2016: on hold again due to thyroid
    July 13th: IVF consult
    August 2016: IUI#3 w/ Femara, Ovidrel, Progresterone - BFN
    Sept/Oct 2016: IVF + ICSI

• @BWhitta as long as the HCG is rising you are fine! The normal range is very wide. 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lablover78 FX for your labs!

@meli123k I'm so sorry about your cat!! I'm a bit late to the check-in, but FX for a BFP!

@ReesaAnne16 I'm glad the letrozole is not giving you any issues. I'll be on it next cycle, if this one is a bust, so that news makes me very happy indeed. :-)

@Smokinangel FX for great results on Sunday! I really hope this is the cycle for you.

@BWhitta Congratulations again! FX for a happy and health 9 months!

I had my first IUI last Saturday. We went into it concerned we couldn't because I'd had almost 5 follies at my last u/s. But two vanished so we proceeded with 3--two 26s and a 15. Unfortunately, DH's count was not good--only 2.6 million and they hoped for 4 million. Not unexpected since low motility is our issue, but disheartening nonetheless. RE says I don't need to come in for the progesterone; I'll go in for the beta 9/2. My LP is only 11 days anyway, so I expect I'll know before the beta. Trying to be optimistic! I even bought an adorable onesie--which I swore I wouldn't do--at a street fair on Sunday.

Our RE said we'd need to think about IVF if the count was poor, but I'm not ready so I think we'll do a few more rounds of IUI if necessary. Mostly because my insurance covers IUI but not IVF.

• @StephyM89 It is so encouraging to find a combination of medication that works for you after so many disappointing months! Fingers crossed for you!

@Bababatty I also allowed myself to buy a onesie before my first iui. It felt like a step of faith that I *needed* to do. I know that probably sounds crazy...but it felt right. Good luck to you! I hope there was at least one super strong and fast swimmer in there for you!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Drive by posting :D.  Had my first blood test for the FET, and for once my numbers are where they are supposed to be. Next week I have another blood test and an ultrasound, and in 10 days we head back to DC for the third time for the final check up and then the transfer. The trip is going to be a little awkward for part of it - my huaband, my mom, and I are all going to be sharing get a room for a couple of days.

I feel so wierd that we are doing the transfer finally. I mean 5 years of ttc with no hint of it working, two retrievals, all that embryo testing and anxiety. I honestly can't imagine myself pregnant. And actually having a baby? Crazy. I feel like I will be trying forever, but hopefully that is not the case.

TTC since 2011

• Good luck to those of you in the midst of IUI cycles and TWW'ing!  FX for all of you!!!

@meli123k I'm so sorry for your loss :cry:  It sounds like your little kitty had all the love in the world, especially in those final moments.  Sending you hugs!!

@ReesaAnne16 Glad to hear you aren't experiencing side effects from letrozole!  I hear you on enjoying the break from timing the BD's.  No fun at all!  Good luck with your IUI this cycle!

AFM, we have our FET scheduled for September 16th!  I just started taking estrace pills today.  I'm needing to take them 3 times a day which is already annoying, but better than injections at least!  Really not looking forward to starting PIO.  Trying to keep my eye on the prize.  @starlitfae It looks like you're just about a week ahead of me for FET.  Good luck to you!  I agree, it is so hard for me to imagine myself pregnant.  I've wanted it so bad for so long but the thought of it actually happening also terrifies me.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @starlitfae  & @wifeinraleigh28  good luck on your FETs!!! I have very optimistic feelings for both of you and I'm praying you both have a smooth transfer :)

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• @wifeinraleigh28 - they are just having me start estrace too a few days ago, but they are starting me with one 2 times daily, and I am eventually working up to 2 3 times daily.  And I am doing Lupron injections, and DH will eventually have to give me progesterone oil injections.  My transfer will be sometime the week of the 11th, they haven't told me a date yet.  I hope it's sooner than later, because of finances.  Fingers crossed for both of us!

TTC since 2011

• @starlitfae I guess our timelines are closer than I thought! My RE is just having me take estrace right now, and then I'll start PIO a week before transfer, along with an antiinflammatory and low dose aspirin. So many different protocols but I hope they all end in BFP!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Ugh, all these meds we're taking! Even now, taking 20 pills, 6 suppositories, and 2 injections a day seems like a breeze compared to the stims. Thankful that DH is becoming a pro at the PIO shots, which are only painful the next day for me. We live on the beach and it's a real shame that I'm having to turn down so many invites because people would look at me like "what happened to you?!?!?!" thanks to all the bruises everywhere!

I'm so excited to hear of all the FETs coming up! It seems like such a positive time with good news for so many on our IF journeys. It makes it easier to feel confident that we all have hope! 

@meli123k , your sad story about your kitty made me tear up... We have a wonderful 6 yr old cat and I simply cannot imagine life without her. Losing a pet is one of life's hardest times. I hope you will have good news with your beta soon to give you a (huge) distraction! 

I'm still in the middle of TWW purgatory, mentally torturing myself by POAS every morning. Still bfns at 7dp3dt, and my beta will be in 6 more loooooong days (13 days after transfer). I know that I'm testing way too early but I can't help it!