January 2016 Moms

Awake times

Just wondering what everyone's awake time is for their LOs now that we are at the 7 month mark. My LO goes 2-2.5 hours of being awake and about 3 hours before bed. Last nap for the day is around 4. 

Re: Awake times

• My daughter is up any time between 5 and 6, down for first nap at 830ish, for 45-60 min. Around 1230, she goes down again, and this time for about 2 hours. She then catnaps on the way home from daycare at 530--usually 15-20 minutes. We start the bedtime routine around 7, unless there's a bath, which would start earlier. We try to have her down no later than 7:30. We try to put her down awake, but don't let her CIO. She can fuss, but not cry, because she vomits, and nobody wants to change the sheets. She has a wakeful period around 2:30 am, but is just usually patted back to sleep if she can't get there herself. I can't take credit for the regimented day schedule. Those daycare ladies are magicians!
  • We also have a wakeful period but ours is at about 3:30. It can last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour! I just keep offering her the pacifier until she  eventually  settles back down. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Awake time is generally 2.5 hours between naps and 3-3.5 hours before bedtime! He gets up once a night between 2 and 4 and wakes up for the day around 7:30
  • We're on a schedule now (yay!) so wake time varies with nap duration. But generally 1.5-2 hours in the morning, 2 - 2.5 midday and 2.5 - 3 in the evening. 
  • Just wondering what everyone's awake time is for their LOs now that we are at the 7 month mark. My LO goes 2-2.5 hours of being awake and about 3 hours before bed. Last nap for the day is around 4. 
    We are pretty much at this time too.  Griffin may only go 1.5 hours between his wake up time for the day and his 1st nap.  A lot of times if he hasn't had the best night of sleep, he'll go down for his first nap pretty quickly after waking up.  
  • Man an I jealous! He naps for me on the weekends, but only takes one name at school, usually from about 10:30-12:30 or so. He absolutely refuses to take an afternoon nap, which results in him falling asleep on the 40 minute ride home. Then I have to wake him up to feed, bathe, and entertain so he goes down at a relatively good time for the night. At least he sleeps through most nights, though! Weekends he usually takes 3 naps. Wakes 6ish, nap 8:30-10ish, nap 12:30-1:30ish, and nap 3:30-5ish.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • l4rkl4rk member
    We usually do 2 hours between naps, and then about 3-3.5 before bed. LO's first nap is usually 2 hours long, her second is about an hour and third is 30-45 minutes.
  • Brynlee hates sleep... I regret every nap I ever refused as a kid and every sleepless night I stayed out in college. 
    She gets up between 8 and 9 am, takes a nap around 11 and it usually only lasts about 30 minutes to an hour... and that's all we get. She's up until 830 or 9 at night, but is very restless and won't stay asleep unless being held until about midnight or 1 am. Then she calls down and will usually stay asleep in her crib. But recently she's been up every hour, even as much as every half hour throughout the night. Oy vey, I'm tired. 
  • @BarrettJ89 that sounds awful. Hopefully she starts sleeping better so momma can get some rest! 
  • @BarrettJ89 Oh my gosh, that sounds so hard!  I hope she starts sleeping more soon!  :/
  • We go 2.5-2.75 hours between naps. 3-3.5 before bed. Two naps a day. The first is usually 2-2.5 hours and the second is about 1.5 hours. Sometimes less. 
  • Last night she slept a total of one hour... the night before 3 hours (after a 13 hour day with only ONE 10 minute cat nap)

I need more coffee...
  • Last night she slept a total of one hour... the night before 3 hours (after a 13 hour day with only ONE 10 minute cat nap)

I need more coffee...
    You poor thing, that sounds awful.  Hopefully she sleeps tonight!  

• Awake times are 2.5-3 hours between first 2 naps. Between last nap and bed she can stay up 3-4 hours, but may or may not have a catnap depending on the day.