October 2015 Moms

10 month sleep regression ?

Hello ladies! 
So lately my 10 month old baby has been having problems falling asleep!
she was such a great sleeper Asoon as we would put her in her room she would fall asleep .
now she can't unless we are in there with her 
she will cry if we walk out which she would never do that before! I don't understand what's wrong
also if we are lucky enough she will fall asleep for 1 hour in her room and then start crying and will stay up for 2-3 hours until she falls asleep!!
help!!! Any of you going through the same thing 

Re: 10 month sleep regression ?

• We have been having on/off problems with naps, she will skip her morning or afternoon nap on some days and it's unpredictable. Sometimes she wakes up crying as if from a bad dream which is new. Nighttime sleep has been ok so far although every couple weeks she still has wacky nights where she wakes up at like 2-3am for an hour or more just playing in her crib... Like not tired at all!
    she has definitely been more cranky lately especially in the evenings. Almost as if back to having a witching hour when she was younger ! 
    Things have been funky but I have been chalking it up to teething or growth spurts/developmental spurts. Hope it passes soon! 
  • Could be separation anxiety. We went through that for a little bit. It passed but she used to roll over and go right to sleep but now she plays in there and plays for literally 45 mins. Weve tried later bedtime but she gets too cranky. 

Just when we think we have these babes fogured out, something changes...
  • Loading the player...
  • Around this age most babies know you exist when they can't see you and they think when you leave you are never coming back which causes anxiety for them. Mine went through this for two weeks some have it longer. At night and naps when she cried we would go in and let her know we are still there and sing a song and say goodnight. Sometimes up to 3 or 4 Times before she would sleep. We didn't pick her up and would give her 10 min in between going in. We just lay her back down. It's a phase, and they love us so much they don't want us to leave forever. 
  • Thank You so much all of you for taking the time to respond to me .. 
    I hope it's just a phase because she would never be like this ... 
    But how you guys said maybe it's just separation anxiety 
  • How's it going with the sleep regression --any updates ?? Mines almost 11 months but it seems to have hit her now ! 
    Nightime sleep really sucks and naps are almost nonexistent ! Her mood in the evenings is so different too - very irritable.
    at night she can't seem get comfy! She's tossin and turning and body rocking and head bumping for hours ! 
  • It could also be whatever is causing that rash is bothering her too. Our LO had a terrible time sleeping the couple of times she had a bug. Hopefully it gets better soon! We went through about 2 weeks right at the 10 month mark of getting up at 5am instead of 630-7. But she seems to have gone back to 615-645 now. 
  • She seems to be going back to normal the last two nights she has been going to sleep by herself like she used ton.. I think it was the little virus she had