Special Needs

Do you know about Mastocytosis? Does your LO has it?

Hi ladies. I wanted to share with you all something that might help other mommies out there. Yesterday we went to see a dermatologist for my LO because he has this dark spots everywhere in his body since he was 2 weeks old. The doctor checked him and found out that he has a mild skin condition called "Mastocytosis". For those of you that don't know what that is I'll add a link to give you more details, but it means that his skin is allergic to different things like: morphine, Advil pain killers, skin products with perfume, some foods as well.. To name a few. He might outgrow it by the age of 10 years old, but will have to keep an eye on him to make sure he understands and avoids this things to keep him safe and healthy. This is a long post but thought I would share our discovery.. Might help other babies too. Thank you! Hugs! 
Link: www.rch.org.au/kidsinfo/fact_sheets/Mastocytosis/

Re: Do you know about Mastocytosis? Does your LO has it?

• Oh goodness. I sincerely hope that he doesn't develop the level of a friend of mine's daughter has. 

Check out Yssabelle's Journey on Facebook. That's my friend's masto warrior daughter. :) 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • I have systemic mastocytosis and my 3 year old has mastocytosis and EoE, its a rough road. Big hugs to you both x