December 2016 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 8/25

How far along?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings?

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  (Can be related to work, family, whatever)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
Married 10/15/11
M/C October 2014
BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 8/25

• How far along? 25 weeks

What size is baby? Cauliflower or a fully popped bag of microwave popcorn 

Upcoming appointments? Not until mid-September

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? My sciatic pain has been more frequent at night.  I only get it while laying flat on my back and somehow I end up there every night.  Last night I only woke up once and considered it a huge win.

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  (Can be related to work, family, whatever) I'm hoping that we have 2 or 3 kids and are living in a single family home with a big yard.  We're in a townhouse now and it won't hold a second kid comfortably.  Hopefully it won't take 10 years to get there.  Professionally I want to be managing people by that point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• How far along? 25 weeks

What size is baby? Cauliflower or the size of Thor's hammer

Upcoming appointments? Sept 7th is my next one. That will consist of bloodwork, TDAP shot, and doing my glucose test.

Rants, raves questions

Rant: Even though I'm sleeping, it's not good quality sleep. I feel drained and am ready for a nap by 8:30 every morning. 

Rave: We finally got our c-section and tubal ligation date! So, unless Michael makes his grand entrance sooner, he'll be here Dec 2nd.

Still craving philly cheesesteaks, frozen cokes, and chocolate.

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  (Can be related to work, family, whatever)

I'll have a teenager( holy cow!!!) and an almost 10 yr old. Hopefully, I'll be back in the out of the house work force. Ideally, I'd like to live in a different area as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along? 26 weeks

What size is baby? butternut squash or kale

Upcoming appointments? September 6th to check the baby's growth since my belly was measuring 1.5 cm off :/ Dr. assured me it was still in the normal range just on the low side of normal but i'm still freaking out. Hoping it has something to do with it being a little asian ninja baby but we'll see. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nah....Except I'm now officially NEEDING maternity clothes....not just loose clothes or what not. Guess I have to go shopping for some maxi skirts! The cheapskate in me is just fighting buying clothing that I will only wear for 3 more months but the bump is winning. 

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? Leaky boobs still....and loss of appetite in the evening???? Seriously, I'm hungry during the day but for dinner I only want something light and preferably cold (like a sandwich or a bowl of cereal). 

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  (Can be related to work, family, whatever) Oh this is a good one since DH and I have been talking about our future plans lately. DH has arranged to continue working the opposite shift from me during the week with the option of working from home 1 or 2 nights occasionally if I'm running late, so we will be able to avoid daycare costs. Our plan is to TRY to do this for 1 year and pay off as much debt as we can, then I will be quitting my day job OR work part time + from home with my 2nd job and finish my degree. After I finish my degree (maybe have another baby while I'm staying home) and get a good paying job in my field and LO is in pre-k DH will cut back on his hours and finish his degree. Our biggest priority is to become MOSTLY debt free in 10 years, refinance our home for a shorter term and maybe even move to a house with larger yard and sell our current home, and finish our degrees.  
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• How far along?
    26 Weeks - 10 weeks until my stitch comes out. 
    What size is baby?
    As long as a scallion
    Upcoming appointments?
    Next Thursday I have my *hopefully* last cervix US and get to take my GTT so no more dietician. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    This little girl has her day/night mixed up. She likes to go dancing/kickboxing at about 2 am everyday. Meaning momma doesn't get enough sleep. 
    Still never hungry, and between MOTN dancing, and L waking up at 6:30am I am seriously exhausted. 
    I should be almost done/done with my masters, and H have a local trucking job. L will be starting 6th grade, E 4th, and hopefully the next 2 2nd and K. Then I can start coaching high school sports again. Hopefully we will be working to pay off a house, and have our current car paid off.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• How far along? I am currently 24 weeks - 16 weeks until he makes his grand entrance. 
    What size is baby? The size of a cantaloupe. If not a little bigger. The Ultrasound tech said he was actually two days ahead of our due date. 
    Upcoming Appointments? i just had one yesterday. And I go back on the second week of September for the glucose test. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: My husband bought a puppy a month or so ago. Well I already have a 3 month old German Shepherd mix, so thats basically another dog for me to take care of because he works alot so I've been left to train them and take care of them and clean up after them if they have a accident. Well originally the dog was bought for his father but his dad's wife doesn't like her so he hasn't paid her any attention so now I'm stuck with her and all she does is whine when I leave out of the same room as her....I can't even take a shower in peace because of it. 
    Rant #2 : I was hoping we would have a date night last night to ourselves and instead we ended up taking his dad and his and mil's kids together with us, they were in a restaurant where plates were 15/20$ each and didn't know how to act or be quiet or anything and we told them beforehand not to go in there acting crazy so H wound up with a headache and I started getting pissed off towards the end because that's embarrassing and rude which we know how they are anyways but he wasn't gonna tell his dad no they couldn't come eat with us. So I'm making him take me to our favorite Italian place after he gets home from work. & we won't be taking them anywhere like that again maybe golden corral or cicis pizza or something but we don't usually eat in places like that for some reason. 
    Symptoms,Cravings and Aversions? Ive been loving French toast and bacon and bacon and cheese sandwiches with syrup on them or even grits with cheese and syrup and bacon and i don't know why.
    GKTY( Where do you see yourself in 10 years?)
    In ten years I hope to be just a happy family and raise happy kids and have a happy husband and just to never subject our children to anything either one of us seen as kids. 

• How far along? 22 weeks

What size is baby? Uh...I don't know about what my ticker says, but I've heard papaya, Barbie doll.

Upcoming appointments? Monday! I like to schedule my OB and midwife appointments on the same day, so I'll be finding out the results of my A/S in the morning and chilling with my midwife in the afternoon.

Rants/Raves/Questions? None, really. I've been super lazy this week...is that a rant? Haha.

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? I think I'm experiencing sciatic pain on my left side. If I've been laying on the couch for too long and get up, I hobble like an old woman. Other than that and the whole slowing down thing, it's been smooth sailing.

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Crazy question! Dream scenario: I'm a published author with a decent following. I've got 3 or 4 littles running around and driving me bonkers. H will either be out of the military and maybe already a priest in an Orthodox church, or we'll be living overseas for his job as an air attache. (These are big dreams!)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • How far along?
    24 weeks!

What size is baby?
    Cantaloupe. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Sept 9 for glucose testing!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: I had to go in for an emergency appt yesterday due to a weeks worth of diarrhea and bloody discharge. They did a pelvic exam and a rectal exam. Everything checked out normal but they gave me a collection kit...ugh. Baby checked out totally fine which is the important thing, but I'm having to mommy from the couch today and feel quite worthless! PS the dr asked me if I ever had a rectal exam...I said no. Her response was: I'm so sorry!  :s

Sleep. I need it so bad!

With a 14 year old and almost 10 year old! And married to DH for 17 years! Wow...
  • How far along?  23 weeks

What size is baby?  Grapefruit or Bunch of Grapes

Upcoming appointments?  Regular ob appt yesterday, measuring right on track for my EDD.  Scheduled my glucose test for late September.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings?  Craving ice cream daily (usually don't eat it at all) and anything sweet really.  It's an odd adjustment since I'm normally a salty person.

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  (Can be related to work, family, whatever)  Maybe with two kids total?  Definitely married to my BF and possibly in a bigger house?  Just enjoying our life with our family, continuing to travel and experience new things together.

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• @wynterwaddell I have had to do this pic (generic from google) with several pups, when I first got them. I would just budget an extra 15-20 minutes in the morning and give the stupid whiny pup a bath every day. Soon they got tired of it and would leave me alone in the mornings. 

• How far along? 26 Weeks!

What size is baby?  a head of lettuce of bowling pin

Upcoming appointments? glucose test on Monday and OB appointment wednesday

Rants/Raves/Questions? Baby girl has been kicking lots which is awesome! The nursery is almost finished too!!! It's getting real...also...98 (I think) days left in the countdown...double digits say what?!

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? nothing really, feeling more and more bloated and less hungry

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  (Can be related to work, family, whatever) Hopefully in a full time position at my job or close to at least with 2 happy little kids running around. Ideally I would love to be able to build our dream home by then, but we'll see how it all plays out :)
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along? 24 weeks. Yay viability!

What size is baby? cantaloupe, eggplant

Upcoming appointments? Two weeks ho hum

Rants/Raves/Questions? today while doing my TM minute "relaxation exercise" I fell asleep for an hour. Luckily a song came on that was higher energy and I woke up in time to make dinner. I've been sleeping so much I gave myself a neck strain

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? tired! I worked from home today to catch up on sleep! Got snickers ice cream bars for the first time in a decade. 

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  (Can be related to work, family, whatever) baby Bells will be almost ten! I hope to still be loving my job, and that DH has found a job he enjoys a bit more. We will have our student loans paid off, and I hope to have our awesome house fixed up, and a happy and healthy little family. ❤️
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• How far along? 26 weeks today!

What size is baby?  A butternut squash or a bunch of kale.

Upcoming appointments? Just had my glucose test today - fingers crossed! Didn't have an ultrasound but baby's heartbeat was strong. Next one is at 30 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Work is a mess and I'm just beat. It should calm down by labor day, I am so looking forward to a quiet long weekend. But on the bright side I haven't gained as much weight as I thought I have! Right on track in that department. I know it shouldn't matter but I had put on about 10 pounds in the year before I got pregnant so I don't want to gain more than I need to to have a healthy pregnancy.

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? Some cramping here and there, and I've got a wicked sweet tooth lately. My hips and back are hurting, and I'm starting to have issues with my knees. I think it's the increased weight.

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  (Can be related to work, family, whatever) One of two very different directions - either staying in my current field (international relations) and moving abroad with my family, or changing careers and hopefully moving back to Atlanta, where my parents and siblings are.
  • @wynterwaddell I have had to do this pic (generic from google) with several pups, when I first got them. I would just budget an extra 15-20 minutes in the morning and give the stupid whiny pup a bath every day. Soon they got tired of it and would leave me alone in the mornings. 

Haha that's hilarious and actually kind of cute but it's not the mornings or anything. I've gotten to the point where I feed them and water them and take them out and everything before I even feed myself or anything but regardless no matter what I do She still constantly Cry's when I walk out of the room and even in other rooms of the house you can still hear her. There's no getting away from it. 
  • @wynterwaddell puppies are jerks! My 9 month old 'puppy' is currently digging in the couch cushions but he is 1 million times better then the 3-6 month phase
  • LandJ13 said:
    @wynterwaddell puppies are jerks! My 9 month old 'puppy' is currently digging in the couch cushions but he is 1 million times better then the 3-6 month phase
    For real. 

I remember when I first got my youngest dog. It was almost like having a baby (I guess, haven't had a baby yet haha). I was up at 6 every single day, had to feed him by hand for the first week or so, couldn't let him out of my sight ever, and only got rest when he napped. I had him lay on my chest when he took a nap, just so I knew exactly where he was when I was napping. He's 7 now, and still likes to lay on people. :)

Don't even get me started on the potty training. 
  • OMG, puppies. I adopted my little guy at 10 weeks old last June. I was up every two hours with him at night for about 6 weeks. He had three rounds of worms/viruses and potty training was a disaster. Thankfully it just "clicked" for him at 4 1/2 months. Then for some bizarre reason I thought it would be a "great" idea to get him a companion. So, by Thanksgiving weekend we ended up with his brother who was just a month younger. And so ensued another 2-3 months of potty training this guy. I love our furballs but they are a handful. And huge! We were told the first would be about 25/30 lb max and the other 35/40 lb max. No. My little guy is over 55 lb and his brother is just over 50. 

They're favorite new activity is to eat drywall. And wood trim.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• They're favorite new activity is to eat drywall. And wood trim.
    UGH. My brother's dog did this for awhile. He was out for an afternoon once, and then the next day he was calling a contractor to redo his bathroom door frame and re-drywall a huge part of his bathroom wall. 

• @ajstevenson I've just recently started having puppy fever! I just can't do it again lol. Pauly still gets me up at 5:30 for a potty break!

i would say at least he doesn't chew walls but then he will start so I'm keeping my mouth shut
  • How far along? 25 weeks

What size is baby? Cauliflower

Upcoming appointments? Mid September

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really any right now. I'm getting in the swing of things now that school has started back.

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? I still have MS, heartburn and reflux aren't as bad. Been craving some cherry chip cake and lemon icebox pie, might have to make those this weekend. 

GTKY: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? At that point I'll be about 30; ideally I'll be teaching and FI and I will have gotten married. We'll probably have had baby #2 by then as well. The main thing I'd like to see happen other than all of that is for us to be in our own home. I can't stand renting.
  • Whoa @ashleaf2018, you're a youngun! Didn't realize :)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Yep! I definitely feel like the baby of the group. I'm 20, turning 21 in October, and FI is turning 24 in a week. :)
  • @ashleaf2018, I am a bit older at 26, but H is only 22. And we have a 1yo son.

• @ashleaf2018 @Kate08Young Add me to the feeling like a baby club! I'm 25 and FI is 23 (will be 24 next month).