September 2016 Moms

Working Moms 8/22 - 8/26

Re: Working Moms 8/22 - 8/26

• vampirinavampirina member
    edited August 2016
    @runningisrad - you pretty much perfectly summed up how I feel using adorable animal gifs.

I slept like crap last night (no surprise) and just can't today. I just can't. I already ate my afternoon snack and I'm unusually upset that it's gone. Like verge of tears. Because I already ate my crackers.

Is it 5 p.m. yet?

ETA:
    On the plus side, my boss was like "well if you go into labor suddenly, we can just hire this other graphic designer, it's cool" which made me feel a lot less stressed out about the timing of things. Baby's arrival should be after everything is done and printed, but if not, well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • Loading the player...
  • My back and rib pain just never goes away, no matter how I sit. It's like a burning, tired muscle. So done with being here!!! 

Bright side: work baby shower on Monday :)
  • @PoodleDoodleOoo, I didn't know you were a graphic designer! So cool. We do a lot of design stuff in-house, but occasionally a project scope requires us to hire a GD & I always find their talents fascinating. 

Every day is a struggle for me, physically, mentally, and emotionally. It doesn't help that now is a super busy time at work & I have tons of responsibilities, all on top of prepping my department for my leave. I almost cried at my checkup this morning with my favorite midwife because she looked me right in the eye and said, "No matter what, you are doing AMAZING. You have done an amazing job growing this baby & I know things are hard right now, but just remember what you've accomplished in nine months." I was like:

Thankfully, I think one of my supervisors takes pity on me. She's been getting me Starbucks, like, once a week. Sometimes it is the only thing that gets me through the day!
  • Im over it. I have 5 weeks left. 

Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Image result for third trimester funnyImage result for third trimester funny

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • I'm slow and wearing yoga pants bouncing around on my exercise ball. My company decided to roll out a new payroll system this month so now I have to get involved with the implementation and training... what perfect timing :s
  • So I am trying to enjoy my Wednesday off, the youngest started pre-k so that's a plus but I feel absolutely terrible. Waited too long to eat so had an upset stomach and now my lower back is killing me!  I just want a day where I feel good. I have crap to do around the house.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My back and rib pain just never goes away, no matter how I sit. It's like a burning, tired muscle. So done with being here!!! 

Bright side: work baby shower on Monday :)
    The only thing keeping me going at work. I just don't wanna.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Things are OK here. Only working this week and next (due date is 9/6 and not coming back after that even if I go past due date again). Trying to get a lot done.. makes the days go by faster and leave is fast approaching. I have some training to do next week and I would not complain if I had baby beginning of next week and left them hanging. I give zero f*cks
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 I'm starting to regret the decision to not have a hard leave date and instead waiting until baby comes! I want to be DONE with my job. 
  • @AnnaS930 I'm starting to regret the decision to not have a hard leave date and instead waiting until baby comes! I want to be DONE with my job. 
    Last time I was due on Dec 3rd, so I went out at Thanksgiving (our company gives us Thurs/Friday off) and I was going to be due the following Wednesday.  Emmett came on December 13, so I had over 2 weeks off before he came when thinking it would only be a couple of days. I told myself I wouldn't do that again but I just can't at this point. This time I'll actually be going out ON my due date (which is the day after Labor Day) and if I have some time to myself at home again, so be it. I had to go back to work when E was 10 weeks old, but for me I felt comfortable with that timing (I was home 1 weekday, husband another, and E went to daycare for a few half-days per week).

I totally see both sides of it, but for me having a hard stop day is just necessary for planning and keeping myself sane.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a kind and understanding employer who is totally fine with me working from home and I'm still here at my desk doing things.................................... I really think this could be the week I decide to entrust my important (just kidding, nothing I do is THAT important or complicated) work to my coworkers and stop coming in. Maybe next week. I need to have the baby just to stop myself from showing up!
    ^ this. I told my boss that I will work until baby comes (due 9/28) but the more I think about it the more I just want to give him a day and be done then no matter what. 
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Flowr4246 said:

I am so, so done.  I have unofficially set my last work day as 9/2 (told my manager, but not HR yet) and I am just OVER IT.  The countdown is ON!
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️ THISSSS says it exactly lmao. Thanks for making my day with this meme. One more week until my leave and I swear it feels long as ever. Can't wait to be off and have no reason to get dressed or do my hair or talk to anyone. September 1st I am gone. Thankfully, my replacement will be here 3 days so we can do some training!
  • I am so over it, I bumped my leave date from the 14th to the 9th. What's awesome is that there is a rumor that we're getting next Friday off for Labor Day as well as Monday. So if that's true, this was my last full week of work. HUZZAH!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My last day before leave is tomorrow.  I'm barely making it in everyday and I'm in desperate need of a nap.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ssimon621 - I'm regularly ridiculously late. Like my normal, non-pregnant self gets to work at 8 am. Lately, I've been like eh, a 9:30 start time is a-ok. And admittedly, I'm a total zombie until around 1 p.m. and then I work for a few hours, and zone out again. 

It's a cruel, cruel cycle! 
  • @ssimon621 - I'm regularly ridiculously late. Like my normal, non-pregnant self gets to work at 8 am. Lately, I've been like eh, a 9:30 start time is a-ok. And admittedly, I'm a total zombie until around 1 p.m. and then I work for a few hours, and zone out again. 

It's a cruel, cruel cycle! 
    Confession?  I've been working from home most days and my 'lunch' has basically been a 45 minute nap every afternoon around 2.   :D

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• 9 working days and counting... Thank goodness for Labor Day weekend! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • 8 working days and counting for me!! Like PSUBecky23 said, I am trying to save all my FMLA/STD time for after baby comes. I won't get paid for the full 12 weeks either, but I am grateful I can take it off. Due next Friday, so if I go late I may ask to work from home the week after Labor Day. That or come to work in pjs.
  • 5 more working shifts left, that will take me to 39 weeks. I think my co workers have bets going if I will make it or not. Even the OB's I work with look at me like I'm gonna have this baby any minute during the shift. On the plus side if I do go into labor at work I just have to walk down one floor to L&D...
  • Costanza naps hahhahahaa 
  • I am so tired all of the time.  My feet and legs are getting sore pretty quickly from all of the swelling.  I always feel so rude and unprofessional putting my feet up, but omg I need to. 

I was thinking I was doing well with getting everything together before I leave, but I am feeling so behind.  I have spent most of the last two weeks dealing with IEP related drama.  By the time my afternoon prep comes around I am exhausted. 

I am pretty sure they are having a surprise shower for me at work.  My husband gets emails when stuff is ordered off of our Amazon registry, and several people from my work have bought things.  I have not been checking that registry, and asked my husband not to tell me what people got, I want to be surprised. 
  • I posted this in randoms but after looking at my saved PTO and short term dis and talking with DH, I told my boss that my last working day will be 9/23. It's going to be easier on coworkers and whatnot if I have an exact date of when they will be taking over my cases. I'm super excited because that means only 4 more weeks of work, but am nervous that baby will be late and I'm going to be sitting around with nothing to do for weeks and won't have as much time after he is here (going back Jan 1). 
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• jln27jln27 member
    edited August 2016
    You know, I almost feel bad posting in these threads because I'm only part time, but work does eat up most of my life right now.

Since I'm part time, I don't have benefits, I don't get FMLA, I don't get anything really. The only upside is that my leave can be as long as I want it to be because I'm not guaranteed hours and I'm not limited to the 8 week maternity leave that full time employees get. This works out well, because I still haven't decided if I'm going back or not. My husband is still in a really odd job situation, and I just started school at the beginning of the month, so I'm not really eager to go back at all, but I will if we end up needing the money and we can figure out a daycare situation. I don't really like the options we have around us, but I'd rather we survive than I get what I want.

My last day is September 1st, which is about 3 full weeks before my due date. People act like that's a lot, but I'm super paranoid she'll be early, and with how stressful things have been lately I kind of wish I had left work at the end of July instead lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @AmMcc12- I think you'll be happy with a definite date even if it cuts out a few days that you could have spent with baby.. Jan 1 is still a good length of time away for a return!  I'm going to plan things to do for my days off assuming baby comes sometime after my last day of work (maybe a really big to-do list will convince this little gremlin to come on his due date!).. so lots of freezer meals/cookies/muffins, etc. Stuff that if I never get to doesn't matter, but will keep me busy and the final days passing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't even think of spending that time doing freezer meals! Great idea @AnnaS930
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @PSUBecky23  I will only be off 6 weeks with baby ! At that it will only be 66% of regular pay and one of the weeks requires full use of PTO. I only have 2 weeks saved and don't want to use it all just in case of appointments/emergencies. Idk how to deal at this point, nothing I can do to change it anyhow. Have to work, have to get paid. :disappointed:
  • Ugh today it was brutally hot in my factory. I went out to complete some quality audits and to watch a press run and I came back dripping in sweat. My hair was disgusting from being tucked into my bump cap. I feel bad for the people who work there for a full 8 hour shift. No thank you!
  • I started working from home this Tues because I was just so uncomfortable. Due date is 9/1 but I have the same worry that I may still be sitting here sans baby for weeks