April 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms & Spam 8/26

Talk away with not-pregnancy stuff here!

BabyFruit Ticker
Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11

Re: Weekend Randoms & Spam 8/26

• Oh Lord, thank you it's Friday!  This was my first week back and I only worked 30 hours instead of 40.  Next week is gonna suck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a gift card to our mall for my birthday. And I don't know what to spend it on!!! I know, first world problems! It's rare that I buy anything for myself so I'm at a loss. And I feel GUILTY using it. I keep thinking I should save it for practical things we might need. Sigh. 
  • @STM2017 I also feel guilty for buying myself anything. I won a biggest loser competition at work earlier this year and won $120. That money should have been joyfully mine, right?! I felt so guilty when I went and got my hair done (an expense that only happens once a year).
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Also!  Copying this from the older randoms thread (I'll be grabbing the suggestions that were over there already when I make the poll on Monday):
    Hey everybody!  We previously talked about doing a monthly signature challenge/theme.  Now that the board is pretty filled out, let's do one for September!

Respond in this thread with any signature theme suggestions you have for the month of September, and I'll post the poll to find the most popular on Monday.  If we don't get many suggestions, I'll just make some up buuut I'd rather hear from y'all. That should give us enough time to have a theme picked by 9/1
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @KirstinH88, we are going to a movie and dinner this weekend. I am so excited! I can't even remember the last non kids movie that I saw in the theater!
  • @chelle087 Have fun! I can't remember the last movie I saw in the theaters either (kids movie or not!) We normally just stream from home. But I love to pig out on food when we go out to eat without kids. It truly is the best!
  • @cookies754 you and me both, sister! I've been lying in bed watching Murder She Wrote and ignoring all my grading. I feel zero guilt. Although, I might feel regret tomorrow when I get around to grading my assignments...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Movie plans with friends fell through last minute for tonight,  but I convinced DH to still bring home the pizza and cool ranch doritos...Carbs are sounding all sorts of good lately! 
  • @TheJerilu, I still don't know how to make a signature! And I don't think they show on mobile? Or maybe I'm just dumb and not looking at something I should be seeing? I hardly ever go on other than on the app. So I don't feel like I can contribute lol
  • clover28clover28 member
    edited August 2016
    I've decided that I am not leaving my house until Monday. I plan on laying on the couch and/or my bed until then and that's that.

RE: siggy challenge.  What about something football/sports related? Like rep your favorite team? Or football fails? I'm super not creative.
  • @STM2017
    I don't use the app myself, so I don't know how to get you steered the right direction.  I do notice signatures are hidden when I'm on the mobile site; perhaps there's a setting to show them within the app?  

If an app user in the know can chime in they get an internet thumbs up from me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @STM2017 unfortunately, you can't see signatures on the app. You can only get to them/view them from a desktop computer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Football fails sounds fun! As long as people don't get grumpy if we "fail" one of their fav teams...  ;)
  • Thanks @TheJerilu and @cookies754. That's what I figured. 
  • Football fails sounds fun! As long as people don't get grumpy if we "fail" one of their fav teams...  ;)
    My team is already a failure. Womp womp. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KirstinH88 ooh... I like Football fails... as long as they can be CFL too... I hardly follow NFL
    My team is already a failure. Womp womp. 
    same haha. I think football fails is a good idea for september. @TheJerilu I'm glad you brought this back up, these are always so much fun!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • I'm good with football fails as well!! Cowboys fan here so I can laugh at my own team with the best of 'em
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @allybadry we watch cfl too, who's your team?!
  • T-minus 1h45m to my stats final exam...a touch nervous!! But meeting my best friend for brunch right after and I haven't seen her since beginning of July when she went to spend the summer in Florida with her husband (longer story short they got married last summer and are waiting for the legal papers to go through so he can move here)
  • Good luck with your exam @Ekzerr
  • @Ekzerr I'm an eskies girl through and through!

Good luck on your exams, me and stats are not friends!
  • @andrea0418 thank you!

@allybadry thank you! And we are bomber and rider fans over here!
  • Oh man... I'll have to watch myself around that rider pride @Ekzerr... I was going to bring up the whole 13th man fail...
  • @allybadry haha ya that wasn't their best moment...nor have the last couple seasons, this one included...
  • @RachelGreene Nooooooo. That poor couple.
  • We went to a wedding last night (FI was a groomsman) where during her speech, the groom's mom yelled at the couple and told them they weren't allowed to get a divorce and a divorce was not an option and then announced to the wedding that the bride was pregnant!
    Does that actually happen in real life?
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't witnessed it. I believe the words she used was "Bride is carrying Groom's baby!!" Also, Bride's mom twerked on Groom during the money dance.

The ceremony was beautiful though!
  • @RachelGreene, I can't even...wow!!! Sounds like quite the wedding. 
  • @RachelGreene NO! But I mean, I guess it was a million times better than "Bride is having best man's baby!"