December 2016 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (8/24) *Tuesday is welcome too!*

I can't find ticker change from yesterday on the thread so if you changed tickers yesterday, you can participate today instead :-)

How far along?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings?

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
EQD born 12/15!

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (8/24) *Tuesday is welcome too!*

• How far along?
    25 Weeks!
    What size is baby?
    A head of cauliflower, a rutabaga, the head of thor's hammer
    Upcoming appointments?
    I don't have any appointments until my glucose test which is the week of labor day.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nothin'
    For some reason, the idea of broccoli really grosses me out, as well as small tomatoes (like grape or cherry tomatoes). I haven't had any weird cravings.
    I'm not a huge fan of surprises, mostly because I'm jumpy. People used to be able to walk into my office and scare my by the sheer act of walking into my office. Its is kinda of hilarious. 
    EQD born 12/15!

• How far along?
    23 weeks

What size is baby?
    Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments?
    Had one yesterday. Check up and glucose. Next appointment will be in two weeks with my new OB after our move. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: House is almost full packed up! A few more kitchen boxes. Stretch wrap furniture. And pack up what's coming in the car with us. It takes out stuff 7-10 to get there so we'll be staying with my mom for a bit. 

Rant: Packed house means no more cooking. Eating out is going to get real old, real fast.

Needed marble slab cake batter ice cream with strawberries on Sunday. Didn't need to twist FI arm too hard to get him to join me for that one. 

I like true surprises. But I hate when people tell you they have a surprise but won't tell you what it is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along? 25 weeks! That's getting pretty surreal, actually.

What size is baby? Cauliflower, rutabaga,

Upcoming appointments? Regular checkup on September 12, but not with my regular doctor. I've only met her once - she's always booked up, and heaven help you if you have to move your appt because of something coming up. There's no way you can reschedule with her. She seems nice though! Haha. At least the other doctors I've seen/nurses have been awesome.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have days when I dread the birth (like I'm super scared of it), but then days when I CAN'T WAIT for it.

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? I had leg swelling for a few days in the afternoons when work started up again, but now that I think of it, I haven't had that in about a week, so that's cool.

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? Generally, yes, but sometimes they stress me out. We were invited to a wedding in Hawaii for Labor Day weekend, and it sounded like my boyfriend didn't want to go, but all of a sudden, surprise! He wants to go now. Impromptu trip to Hawaii when I wasn't expecting it? Awesome surprise! Having to move appointments (see above) and arrange for last minute dog sitting? Kinda stressful! But it all worked out. Babymoon #2, coming up!

• How far along? 23 weeks

What size is baby? grapefruit, chinchilla

Upcoming appointments? not until Sept 8

Rants/Raves/Questions? just ranting about being uncomfortable while sleeping. I wish I could still sleep on my stomach. Belly sleeper for life!

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? I can't stand eating chicken right now. And thin steak is pretty high up there. *barf
    I am all about ice cream covered in gummy bears, English muffins, and blueberry pie. *drool

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I love surprises!! Especially when they are completely unexpected. I just love the excitement. I do, however, dislike unwelcome or bad surprises for obvious reasons
  • How far along? 25 weeks 

What size is baby? cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments? None until
    9/14. I had one last Friday that was an in and out, nothing special kind of appointment. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am having so much back and shoulder pain. I had bad hip pain (SI joint related) with my last two pregnancies. But this time the back and shoulder pain is out of control. Seeing my chiropractor once a week isn't helping that much either. It wakes me up at night so I can't sleep that well. I'm so over it. :( 

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? Some heartburn, but mostly just the awful aches and pains. 

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? Love surprises!! Well, good ones I mean. Not tragic or sad things. I like when someone has planned a gift or event for me that I didn't know about because it makes me feel special. :) I love surprising my kids with special outings or little snacks or whatever. I want to make them feel special too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hanging out from Tuesday's Ticker :)

How far along?
    25 weeks

What size is baby? Cauliflower, the head of thor's hammer

Upcoming appointments? nope, it was last week

Rants/Raves/Questions? go away tailbone issues from last pregnancy

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? stupid spider vein looking things on my chest, struggling to breathe because how I am, and the fact that I can only eat a little food at a time before I feel full. Craving the sweets still.

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? Yes, hence the team green thing. I feel like in this society you always know what's happening or what's coming, so a good, genuine surprise I love.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm also here from Tuesday!
    How far along? 
    25 weeks! Hard to believe!

What size is baby? Cauliflower and the ther stuff already mentioned. 

Upcoming appointments? not until 9/13 when I have my glucose test. Other than that, pretty uneventful for a few weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Not much. I'm feeling pretty good, but getting more winded more easily and just starting to feel "pregnant" (read as "big")

No cravings, but no will power to avoid desserts. I feel like I've been in a free for all this summer as far as food goes. I'll regret it this winter!  Still can't stand the taste of grilled chicken, haven't been able to deal with that all pregnancy. 

Nope!  I'm too type A for surprises. Surprising someone else, though, love it every time!
  • How far along? 23 weeks

What size is baby? Grapefruit or chinchilla 

Upcoming appointments? September 7th. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I love my classes this year, however my 6th period may end up sucking the life out of me. They are so loud and so rude. Ugh. New discipline plan in place on Monday! 

Leif moves some days and not on others. Having an anterior placenta is stressful when all you want is to feel your baby move! And then as I type this he starts moving more. Silly boy!

Symptoms: not much to report right now which is nice.

Aversions: PICKLES! Ugh they are so gross and smell so gross!

Cravings: sweets!

GTKY: Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? It depends. Dh is king of rubbing surprises in! So it makes it hard to enjoy them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm also here from Tuesday! AND very late to the party
    How far along? 
    25 weeks (+4days today)

What size is baby? Cauliflower, prairie dog!

Upcoming appointments? I am sitting in the lab waiting room for my 3hr blood glucose test. I failed the 1hr by a few points :(. I recommend fasting before the 1hr one, even if they tell you not to! I just drank glucose drink and now have to wait for 1 hr, 2 hr and 3 hr draws! Hoping I pass this time around!!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant: see above, which means I am soooooooo hungry, haven't eaten anything since 8pm yesterday...
    Rave: baby girl wiggling and kicking all the time, loveeeeeee it!
    Questions: nothing I can think of

Getting winded a lot, hurts to stand or sit for long periods of time, just a general feeling of discomfort.
    Aversions to touching & cutting raw chicken...not sure if that counts as an aversion.
    Cravings are not too bad, just crave sweet things here and there, but don't give in to them.

I loooooove surprises, but rarely get them. I have a sense when something is coming, which sucks because I want to be surprised so bad. But I guess I am referring to happy surprises. For unexpected changes, I get upset quickly but then recover, I am trying to learn to cope with changes and be flexible. I am getting better.

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016