November 2016 Moms

Admitted to the hospital and frustrated

I just need some good vibes sent my way because I'm frustrated. I am now 29 weeks and was admitted yesterday morning due to high blood pressure and trace amounts of protein in my urine at my dr appointment. They kept me to do a 24 hour urine test. The doctor spoke to me briefly at about 11:00 am and said that if the results came back under 300 (don't know what the numbers represent) then she would put me on meds and keep a close eye on me and that if it was over 300 then "we would have to talk". So we didn't hear anything. When the nurse came in to do my second steroid shot for baby we asked if the results had returned and she said the number was 368. It's now 11:08 pm and I still haven't gotten to talk to the doctor even though I've asked three times. I'm just stressed out and frustrated because I literally have no idea what they want to do. Sorry for the rant. Just worried and frustrated. Does anyone know if these numbers are crazy high? I tried doing some research but it's all so over my head.

Re: Admitted to the hospital and frustrated

• Basically it means you're meeting criteria for preeclampsia. They'll talk to you about if/when they would consider early induction vs outpatient management until 38 weeks. Hang in there!
  • Thanks for the response! Hopefully I'll be able to talk to a doctor tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • How are you doing today, @Soccergoalie32?  I am sorry that the doc wasn't keeping you more in the loop on your situation.  I hope things are looking okay and you can keep baby in awhile longer!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I'm glad your home @Soccergoalie32!  I hope your time on bed rest goes by quickly! 
  • I'm glad you are home!  Hopefully bed rest isn't too terrible.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Glad to hear your at home @soccergoalie32. Hope things take a positive spin for you soon!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Thanks all! I appreciate the support!!
  • @Soccergoalie32 I went through the exact same thing! I'm 29 weeks today and now on bed rest with preeclampsia (have been for two weeks). It sucks but it's good your doctor caught it early so you can be on bed rest and not put stress on your body. It will be ok! My numbers have been inbetween 310-598. Basically they watch this and tell you all of the scary symptoms. From my understanding you won't have the scary symptoms unless your blood pressure is at or above 160/110 or your protein is 5,000 or +. You will get blood drawn at every appointment and do a urine sample or 24 hour one (how annoying are those?!). 
    Im happy they caught it early for you too , that's a good thing! I guess a lot cases of this they don't know about until their numbers are already super high. 
    My doctor told me my first goal is 32 weeks, then 34, and she won't let me go past 37. I also got the steroid shots so they might give us a booster around 34 weeks. 
    Hang in there! I'm right there with you!! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @anne11716 thanks so much for the reply! I am happy they caught it early too. What have you been doing to pass the time???
  • @Soccergoalie32 I'm reading Girl On The Train right now! Also a lot of trashy tv, hgtv, and food network lol. My husband and sister have gotten me a few coloring books which sounds silly but it's fun! I also have gestational diabetes (yes, this is real life) so I've been meal prepping, for others to help out with because I love to cook and am having a hard time now that I can't! I do make myself breakfast in the morning and my husband and I eat on our patio every night but other than that I've been on the couch. My doctor did say we could have 1-2 outings a week as long as they are stress free but I've had so many doctors appointments that we have only been out once. I am planning on getting a pedicure this weekend though if my appointment goes well on Friday. 

Don't feel bad if you have a few breakdowns though! I lost it the other day because I spilled my tomato soup on my white shirt, and also just because I Googled and scared myself. Now I'm just trying to stay positive and counting each day as another good day that baby is growing!! We will have to keep in touch! 
  • Will be thinking of you and your baby girl!! Congratulations. Little girls are fighters.
  • Oh my gosh, our first baby! Glad to hear you're both doing well. I'll definitely be thinking about you both. Keep us updated on her progress and let us know when you take her home!
  • Thinking wonderful thoughts for you and your new baby

• @Soccergoalie32 sending prayers
    your way! Congratulations!!! I am sure she is just beautiful! 
  • OMG! Sending you all the good vibes and best wishes! Beautiful name by the way :-) 
  • Sending lots of positive thoughts and healthy vibes!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Congratulations! Wishing you all the best!

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Sending prayers, well wishes, and a congratulations! Welcome Hannah Rae!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • congrats and good luck! hope you get to snuggle her soon!
  • Wow! Congrats @Soccergoalie32 and hang in there. Best wishes to momma and Hannah Rae. 
  • Congratulations! I hope you get to meet her soon. Sending you both all the best wishes
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats! You're both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you got to meet her today! Take care of yourself!

• Wishing you and baby all the best! Glad you get to meet your LO today. Keep us updated. 

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wishing you and your LO the best!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Congratulations! Sending thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for you and quick growing for your sweet baby girl! Beautiful name, hope to see pictures soon!
  • @Soccergoalie32 Congratulations! And sending lots of positive thoughts to Hannah hope you get to meet her soon! 
  • Congratulations! Hope everything continues to improve for both of you!
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats! I hope you both continue doing well!
  • Hope you've been able to love up on her at this point! Hope all is going well for baby and mama. 
  • I hope you and baby continue to do well! Sending good thoughts your way!
  • Congrats! I'm glad she and you are doing well! Please keep us updated if you get the chance, we all know you're busy though.  <3
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16

• @Soccergoalie32 She is beautiful!

Keep going with the pumping! It will pay off - you're just in the thick of the battle right now! Every 3 hours for 20 minutes, you will get a supply. It doesn't always happen for everyone, but the NICU mamas who have the best supplies are the ones who are super consistent and pump on a good schedule. Definitely ask to see a LC and give yourself a huge amount of grace - you are doing an awesome thing!!

Prayers to you and your beautiful Hannah! I hope your new little family is able to grow and thrive!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aw!  I'm sorry pumping is frustrating :-( But yay for cute pictures of your little one!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• That's what the LC said, just keep hydrating and pumping and it will come eventually. I just feel so bad for Hannah. Just so guilty. My husband keeps telling me it's not my fault but I just feel like I've failed her. She's so itty bitty, it's crazy to think she's out in the world. 
  • That's what the LC said, just keep hydrating and pumping and it will come eventually. I just feel so bad for Hannah. Just so guilty. My husband keeps telling me it's not my fault but I just feel like I've failed her. She's so itty bitty, it's crazy to think she's out in the world. 
    It isn't your fault. Sometimes stuff just happens. It's not the ideal situation I'm sure but it seems like keeping her in there any longer would have put both of you at risk and she needs a healthy momma!