January 2017 Moms
Options

Advice when getting winded/sudden fatigue?

Dear ladies, does anyone have advice for when you suddenly get winded or experience sudden fatigue?  Has this happened to you all?  I am nearly 21 weeks and was told my baby boy is in the 88th percentile; my bump feels heavy. I have found myself getting winded when walking, so I try to take breaks, sit down, or take Uber when necessary.  I can't stand up for more than 10 minutes either. I teach for about 3 hours at a time, and I found myself getting fatigue while teaching; I tried to drink something with sugar to help.  Has anyone experienced this, and what works for you?

Re: Advice when getting winded/sudden fatigue?

• Options
    I have to walk about .3 miles from my garage to my downtown office and it takes a lot out of me. But I notice if I don't drink at least 2 liters of water a day, the next day is worse for me. So, I'm drinking lots of water and trying to eat a lot of fruits that have water in them like melons, oranges, etc.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    I don't get it that bad, but do sometimes get winded walking to my car after work, especially if it's humid. One thing that may help is prenatal yoga. One of the focuses in the classes I take is lengthening and opening up to help create room for everything. It also focuses on breathing so when I get that way I can start focusing on my breathing which helps. You may also find it helps with the fatigue.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with PP.

You might pose your question in the symptoms thread and get a few more responses

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12687466/symptoms-8-22#latest

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    This happens to me too. Prolonged standing is just not feasible. I start having a racing heart and shortness of breath. But my OB has said that's a result of my morning sickness irritating my thyroid? I notice that staying hydrated and making sure I eat almost constantly throughout the day makes a big difference. Particularly at work, I eat a peanut butter cracker or something similar every 15-30 minutes. But I also have to just cut myself a break and give myself permission to sit.
  • Options
    This used to happen to me during church when I was pregnant with DD and it's started happening to me a bit this pregnancy; I expect it'll only get worse as baby grows.  I'm Catholic, and if you've ever been to a Catholic mass, you know it involves a lot of switching between sitting, standing, and kneeling. I've noticed that if I drink water during mass, it does help a LOT and if I need to, I just keep sitting even if I'm supposed to be doing something else.  Ordinarily I wouldn't do either of those things because I wouldn't want to be irreverent during mass, but I figure Jesus understands and if anyone's judging me for doing what I need to do to not pass out (because it's actually come close to that before), he's judging them. 

With that, I totally get that while teaching it's generally not regarded as very professional to sit or snack, but if you feel like you need to do either of those things because drinking water or sugary drinks isn't helping you enough, do it.  Your students and supervisors should understand that you need to do what's best for your health and I'm sure they'd rather have you do that than pass out because you're over exerting yourself!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker