Pregnant after IF
Options

IVF positivity, please!

I was hoping to get some positive feedback on my IVF process so far. It's so hard to read between the lines of what your doctor tells you. Here are my stats:

AMH: .68
FSH: 12.1
Was on Vivelle estrogen patch. When I did my baseline, my E2 was 70. 

I started 300 of Gonal F and 150 of Menopur. At my third day of stims, my E2 had decreased to 66?? They upped the Gonal F to 375.

Went back on day 7 (today) and E2 is up to 198. Follicles range but most are on the smaller side. Instructed to keep protocol but start Ganirelix tomorrow.

I know this is very specific, but has anyone been in a similar situation with a good outcome? Looking for some positivity during this crazy time!

Re: IVF positivity, please!

• Options
    Hi! I never got any numbers, and don't know most of the short words.
    My clinic kept it simple with counting follicles and measurements.
    I did use gonalF, I too had to increase my dose as my follicles stayed small. 
    And before I went in for my treatment I had 19 follicles which weren't to big. (10 to 12mm and 4 where 14 or 17 mm)
    They decided to go ahead anyway as I was in quite some pain.
    Out of the 19 they retrieved 18 eggs. 17 got fertilised and 16 maded it until day 3.
    They hadn't expect so many as nine of them really had looked matured.
    Because I had so many we decided to gamble and wait for day 5 (blastocyst) on day 5 I had 8 blastocysts left.
    My fresh cycle didn't work, I was overstimulated and not feeling well. 
    My first FET wasn't a succes either (I blame the clinic as they had booked me on the wrong day and weren't prepared)
    My second was a succes and I'm now 29 weeks.

Wishing you good luck!!

Ps, I was 33 years too, just turned 34

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I never got such stats either during my cycles, but I did go through a few dosage changes because I wasn't responding as the doctor would hope right away. I also did 3 IUI cycles before IVF, and each time I had a different response to the medication. All I will say is believe that this process works. It may seem crazy and overwhelming, but it's totally doable and you've got this! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, we'll all be happy to help answer them. Wishing you lots of success with your cycle! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both!!
  • Options
    I dont remember my exact numbers (although I think I had a similar FSH/AMH) but I was what my dr. called a "slow starter" - my estrogen didn't rise all that fast at first and my follicles didn't grow fast enough.  They upped my meds (gonal-f) a few times and that did the trick - I wound up with 10 eggs, and ultimately 6 blasts - 4 were frozen and 2 were put back in for a fresh transfer.  The fresh transfer took and I am now pregnant with twins!  I know its hard but try to stay as positive as you can - figuring out your dosage is as much of an art as a science but your doctor should be able to fine tune it and go on to get good results.  Wishing you the best!! :smiley: