April 2017 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying 8/26

EkzerrEkzerr member
edited August 2016 in April 2017 Moms
 Since I missed this yesterday I'll post it today and start with regular Thursday posts next week! 

What has the tears flowing this week?!

ETA: mobile bumping issues 

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying 8/26

• It's my birthday today. And I literally just threw up as I turned 28 (10:24am). And I don't think it's fair for someone to have to throw up on their birthday!! :( Pity party for 1
  • Oh no! Happy birthday @STM2017! Hopefully the rest of your day is much smoother!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy Birthday @stm2017!

I'm pretty sure I teared up yesterday as I was driving to work and saw someone taking their motorcycle road test...I was all "you got this!" 
  • I texted two pregnant friends (neither know yet, I'm waiting until closer to 12 weeks) about the amazingness of Ore Ida fast food fries and one said "Ooh. I'm not handling fried things well but I bet [her husband] will like these! We really like the Alexa spicy sweet potato ones."

I immediately called her a bitch in my head and burst into tears because I thought she was shaming me. I'm handling my hormones really well y'all.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Frustrated tears: my 8.5mo old is up all night wanting to nurse which is exhausting and physically irritating. 

Happy tears: that baby bumbo wheelchair video that's been going around FB 

Ridiculous tears: I didn't want to finish my hot dog at lunch and then my dad ate the rest of it. 

Also, Happppy birthday, @STM2017!! Hope you feel better!
  • Happy birthday @STM2017!  Sorry you puked on your b-day!

I cried this morning for legit reasons, and then cried because candy corn didn't taste as great as I thought it was going to.  I'm basically a big crying mess today, but its all good.
  • @STM2017 !! Happy birthday!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Thanks ladies!!

@herewegrow, firstly, your name is the BEST! And secondly, that bumbo wheelchair video had me BAWLING!!!! I forgot about that. Oh man! Tearing up again thinking about it!
  • I sat in on a class where a teacher read a chicken soup for the kids soul story to his students. I definitely couldn't hold back all the tears

• I cried this morning cause I was missing my sister's graduation from culinary school.

I cried tonight cause I have felt miserable today, no food tastes good but I need to eat to keep the nausea away and my husband was irritated because "I had a half day off so why didn't I cook an actual dinner?" (I made cheese quesadillas and tomato soup - it sounded sorta OK but definitely didn't taste as good as I hoped!) 
    First tri is tough, girls!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been crying because of a doctor's visit with a hematologist. My platelets and my white blood count are elevated and since I have a history of that in other lab work and a family history of heart disease my OBGYN wanted me to go. I had a doctor with the personality of an iceberg who brought up the possibility it could be cancer since two years ago my old doctor diagnosed me with anemia and didn't find out why and since I'm pregnant I can't have every test done in the world. I really hope it isn't but seriously not a good idea to tell a woman who is 8 weeks pregnant a few days away from her first ultrasound that she might have cancer. I cried while waiting to set up the next appointment.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hope it turns out to be nothing @beggsyboo. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. In my prayers!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bwobwo member
    @beggsyboo So sorry you are going through this. Hang in there and hopefully you will get the answers you need soon. 
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• BKinney0506BKinney0506 member
    edited August 2016
    I teared up today because I wanted a slushy and our tiny, 2 gas station, town doesn't have them..lol I felt ridiculous! 

@beggsyboo I hope all turns out well for you!! 

*Edit b/c autocorrect makes life harder sometimes...
  • @beggsyboo that sounds really scary! I'm so sorry you are having to sit with that fear. I'm crossing my fingers that you get some answers son. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh no, @beggsyboo!  I am SO sorry that you're now worrying about that in addition to the pregnancy.  That doctor is seriously lucky you didn't freak out on him.  Talk about some perspective...

I cried (and pretty much threw a tantrum) because my husband put the strainer that I asked him to help me with in the dirty dish water and expected me to pour my pasta in it.  He was shocked that I was so upset and said, "people warned me this would happen." 
  • I was watching Fixer Upper and Joanna threw Chip a surprise 40th birthday party.... and I just started crying... "they are so in love"....#uglycry
    Alyssa (30) & DH (36)
    DD (12), DS (8). 
    Baby Boy EDD 4/6/17. 
  • KirstinH88KirstinH88 member
    edited August 2016
    @LyssaChap I think I ugly cry everytime I watch that show. There love for each other is so cute!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • I cried this weekend because someone drank my ginger ale.... seriously that stuff is like gold right now.

I cried frustrated tears today because one of my co-workers came to work with a stomach bug and has been running back and forth to the bathroom all day. I have been sick enough, so I am terrified I'm going to catch it.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband told me he wanted to see this movie about dogs, and played the trailer for me. I hysterically sobbed for 10 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jLOOCADTGs

Me: 29 DH: 31 Married: 9/17/2014
    1st child, 2 fur-babies
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @JessWannaEatEverything that video has been going around my Facebook feed. I refuse to watch it. Nope. I can't. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cookies754 It looks like a super cute movie! My husband honestly thought I could watch it.. I've been crying over How I met your Mother reruns.. and country songs.. but he thought I could handle that..
    Me: 29 DH: 31 Married: 9/17/2014
    1st child, 2 fur-babies
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker