September 2016 Moms

Moms who bump in the night

Re: Moms who bump in the night

• @AlwaysAuntNeverMom it's 76. So totally normal. 
    I feel fine sitting up and standing it's only when I close my eyes.
    it's like I'm drunk
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Megan324 yuck, that's uncomfortable. Well, it could be low BP, position or even anxiety. Personally, I wouldn't worry unless you have dizziness while walking/standing but it is worth mentioning to the doc if it persists. As far as sleeping tonight, maybe try different positions on your side? 

I get that with anxiety and when my blood sugar is low, but it goes away on its own.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • frogdog06frogdog06 member
    edited August 2016
    My turn to be on duty. & By on duty, I mean stare at the baby to ensure she's breathing in the RnP.

Now thinking about how best to feign that I tolerate MIL's presence...

@Megan324 Hope you're feeling better and can get some non-drunky ZZZs.
  • @JennM205 any progression with the contractions? I was wondering how long they last for you? I've been getting period like cramps in my lower back in the middle of the night but they last for a good 3-5 minutes. I keep telling myself that is way too long for a contraction to last and it must just be the baby pushing on my spine since she is flipped backwards. 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• @ahackett1990 Thanks for checking in. No progression to report. Finally fell back asleep, mild contractions kept me up here and there but nothing intense enough to actually "be" anything.

My contractions are lasting around 1.5 minutes each, usually. Last night, I was having some that were shorter because they were so mild (around 45 or 50 sec).

3-5 minutes does seem like a long time but don't dismiss it completely. With DD, I had contractions that "coupled" - so before a wave was gone, another would start. It felt like one, big, long contraction sometimes and like two separate ones really close together other times. Made it really confusing to time and follow
     Not saying that's what's happening to you (my OB says contractions coupling is actually pretty rare) but just know that contractions aren't one size fits all. Ask your OB what they think it might be!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @JennM205 good to know! I will definitely mention it to my midwife at my appointment on Tuesday. I haven't had any cervical checks yet so I have no idea if I'm dilated at all. Stay comfortable as best you can today :) 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• RG1RG1 member
    @megan324 Late to the game (cause DH didn't snore last night and I only woke up to pee!) but I get that sometimes depending on my position. Mostly if I'm on my back but sometimes on my right side. It's really weird. No suggestions other than move positions and I'd still tell your doc :)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @RG1 @frogdog06 @AlwaysAuntNeverMom Thanks ladies! I ended up feeling totally normal after a few moments so maybe I had rolled over on my back or something. Anyway I slept great the rest of the night!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can't sleep again! Ugh. I tried for about 2 hours and now I'm just up in bed watching tv. I don't get it. What's the insomnia about? Acid reflux isn't too bad tonight, just can't sleep! I didn't nap or anything today. Wah. 
  • RG1RG1 member
    @ah825 insomnia over here too! The kicker is I am insanely tired. So frustrating. I just moved to the couch to see if that helps because maybe my hips hurting was keeping me up. Ugh 
  • @RG1 yes. I am SO tired. I was exhausted this afternoon and tried to nap but couldn't either. pregnancy has gotten so uncomfortable! I'm hungry but idk if I'm gonna eat anything or just wait it out. 
  • @Ah825 I am right there with you. I actually did nap for the first time in a long time which I hope is what's keeping me up. Meanwhile I'm sitting trying to figure out if I want to eat anything we have. 
  • It sucks ladies!! It's very hard for me to breathe which is part of the problem I think. However baby is head down and I'm already dilated so I thought breathing was suppose to get better! I'm afraid to eat bc I don't want acid reflux which I get everyday now, it's so fun...NOT
  • Looks like I'm joining the club tonight. I have terrible burning on my left side but am just miserable at this point. Add that to my anxiety about tomorrow morning and sleep is impossible. Damn, I was really wanting one last night of semi decent sleep. 
  • I am angry, frustrated, and just want to cry! I have moved downstairs to the couch and ate an English muffin. Currently watching little woman, Atlanta. A guilty realty pleasure. Luckily I am a teacher and am still off for the summer but I was planning on going in to get my classroom set up tomorrow- ugh!! Not sure how I will deal with this and teaching 19 four and five yearolds....
  • @OBMommy what's tomorrow morning??
  • RG1RG1 member
    @ah825 Sorry to leave you hanging! I was able to fall asleep. I'm sorry you were angry and frustrated... Have definitely been there. You get so tired and just get overwhelmed with frustration over why you can't just friggin fall asleep! Hope you were able to get some rest. 

And i thjnk today is baby day for @obmommy!!!
  • I'm up with you ladies again tonight. No apparent reason - just lying here, contemplating every detail of my upcoming week and life in general. Totally normal at 4am, obviously. If only there were an on/off switch to my brain...!

I hope the rest of you ladies were able to find some relief to your insomnia! 

@Ah825 When does school start for you? about how long will you be working before baby is born?

@OBMommy Good luck with your induction tomorrow!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Here too. DH was supposed to be on duty until 3am but the baby was uber fussy and only wanted me...so I was jolted out of sleep at 2am instead. :\ #teamnosleep
  • So I woke up at 4 today because the power went out. You could see the sky lighting up and hear transformers shutting down even though there was no storm. 

The power stayed out for two hours. I was up the whole time. And I didn't feel comfortable using my phone because I didn't want to use up the battery.

It was awful.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• jas1982jas1982 member
    edited August 2016
    @KimmySchmidt our power has gone out a couple of times this week, every time is like those AT&T commercials where the internet goes out and the whole family loses their collective shit. All hell breaks loose. I don't want to use anything with a battery but I HAVE TO. 

ETA And obviously, I am posting here because I am wide awake at 2 AM, as usual. Oh pregnancy. You're so good to me. 
  • @Ah825 I was induced yesterday morning and was super nervous about it 
  • So I'm pretty introverted and I work from home. Went to girls' night out with some other moms tonight and now pregsomnia reliving everything I said on the off chance I embarrassed myself. Thanks pregnancy and hormones and lost ability to function in normal society. Sigh. This job is great in that it pays well and I don't have to travel. And it helps when breastfeeding. But after this guy hits one, I've got to make a switch to get out of my head! Also, I want to be asleep...
  • @frogdog06 I've been imagining snuggling a squish during my awake time (since he's pretty active right now). Glad you got at least half a night sleep in! 
  • Thanks @abberson!! After a diaper change, some breastmilk from the bottle, and some latching, I finally, finally was able to put her down in the bassinet. :) 
  • Yay @frogdog06, glad to hear it sounds like she continues to be able to sleep in the bassinet!

I am super lucky to usually not have to check in here, but I think those days are over. It's 6 am and I have leg cramps and keep dreaming about hockey. I don't watch sports and the dreams a suuuper boring. Not the worst problem to have, but still. (Also I know 6 am is technically morning but I couldn't sleep until 2 so I'm counting it as night!)
  • @abberson I do the same thing whenever I've gone out with a group of people - my anxious minds needs to replay every conversation to make sure I didn't say anything embarrassing or offensive to anyone.  It's especially bad after a night out with drinks involved.  (Obviously none of that happening these days...)  It's tough, though!  Why are we so hard on ourselves!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's 1:40 am and I have to get up at 3 to get ready for my c section & be at the hospital at 5. I'm anxious, sick to my stomach, and just want to lay next to DD in her bed and watch her sleep.
  • @VeraMali everything is going to go great. I hope you were able to get some rest.
  • The heartburn is so friggin awful...I feel like my insides are on fire or I'm a dragon. Ugh. I've been up since 1am and want to cry...

Good luck @VeraMali I hope you were able to get some rest for your very exciting day! 
  • No, no sleep for me. But I'm fixing to leave for the hospital so hopefully it's just all over with quickly so I can at least quit being anxious.
  • @VeraMali good luck today!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @VeraMali Good luck!!!

Finley just ate, burped, and now I'm waiting a bit before setting him down to avoid any spitting up/grunting and twisting. He's asleep on my chest and how I wish I could just stay awake all the time to have him sleep like this. He sleeps so comfortably on me! But no. I have to pump in a bit, am leaking pools of milk and know he has to get used to his bassinet. 
  • Good luck @VeraMali :) you'll do great!

I keep waking up about an hour prior to my alarm going off and not being able to fall back asleep. What's the deal!? Argh!
  • Hello 5 am... Again...
  • @mom2adoodle We initially preferred chest to chest as well, but now that we've transitioned LO to the bassinet, it's been much easier to get some sleep in, pump, scarf down a midnight snack, bump, etcetera. I hope Fin is transitioning well.
  • @frogdog06 It's going okay...he won't sleep for long stretches in it but we are working on it! He prefers to sleep in someone's arms which I don't blame him. But it's not sustainable! One night at a time lol. I also have the rock and play in his nursery and put him down in there but I'm afraid to leave him in there for the night. I know so many moms do it but since it hasn't been approved for sleep I feel so worried using it for long stretches!
  • I'm baaaack! I tried to do no MOTN electronics this week to see if that would help me get back to sleep more quickly. Nope. 
    Dh went to play poker tonight, and got home around 12:30. I was up cleaning the kitchen. He came in, talked for a minute, and was like 'is this what you always do at night?!' Um, yes, I've been telling you for weeks that I don't sleep. He said he just didn't realize how awake I really was during that time.