June 2016 Moms

Essential oils

edited August 2016 in June 2016 Moms
Who uses them?  What would you consider the minimum must haves?  We are a relatively "well" family but I can't help but be nervous about baby going to daycare in two weeks.  
Edited to ask if they can be diffused in Scentsy warmers?

Re: Essential oils

• laurendiaz02laurendiaz02 member
    edited August 2016
    I recently bought the young living "starter kit". I have only tried the peppermint. Not sure if they would work in the warmers because with young living you have water in the diffuser. 
  • Thieves!!!! It kills the germs even better than hand sanitizer. I would check to see what age to put it on babies. Always start with the feet and use a carrier oil (.coconut oil ect.) I have put them in my scentsy warmer when DS who is 4 was sick I just mixed it with Vicks. I love R.C. It helped Ds when he gets stuffy and coughing.  I have yet to use them with the baby. A good book is Gentle Babies. It has info on how to use them with babies and pregnancy. I use young living. Which brand are you using?

Married 6/18/2009

TTC since 10/2010-BFP 12/23/2011

Baby 2.0 BFP 10/16/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not yet but I know someone that sells young living.  I'm going to talk to he this weekend but wanted to ask here too.  
  • Young living is amazing. I love my oils. I couldn't live without them during my pregnancy. Peppermint was my go to when I felt nauseous. Rub it behind my ears and on my nose and never once threw up. I also had peace and calming and cedarwood. I seriously never slept better while pregnant.

Married 6/18/2009

TTC since 10/2010-BFP 12/23/2011

Baby 2.0 BFP 10/16/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love YL! Don't use too much peppermint while nursing bc it can lower milk supply and also be careful Diffusing all the mint type oils around infants and young children. Theives is great for cleaning and lavender is safe and is a very versitial first oil! Just make sure to dilute them with carrier oils like olive oil or grape seed oil!
  • How are none of you guys diffusing Gentle Baby? Lol. It is a godsend! We diffuse gentle baby or lavender in the nursery, and for DH and I we diffuse stress away, peppermint or lavender as well. When using it on skin, we dilute with coconut oil as its a more neutral carrier oil. We also love our rollers. 

Note: we use YL oils and products.

Pregnancy Ticker