April 2017 Moms

Prenatal Vitamins-blah

Okay, can we just take a second and discuss how disgusting prenatal vitamins are?  I'm getting to the point where the nausea and gagging is making it hard for me to swallow them.  Anyway, my point being, I heard about these little prenatal "biscuits" (they look like cookies) by ERZO.  Has anyone ever heard of them or tried them?  I was thinking about ordering some to try them out, but wanted to see if anyone had any feedback.  I've heard they're good with Nutella on them, so how could they not be delicious, right?

https://erzofoods.com/the-product/#prenatal-biscuit
BabyFetus Ticker
Married: 12-04-06 
Annabelle: 1-1-08
Patrick: 8-15-10
EDD: 4-20-17

Re: Prenatal Vitamins-blah

• The over the counter ones stop me up so bad! I have a dr appt tomorrow so I'm going to as for a RX last time the RX didn't do that to me. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Look into Rainbow Light prenatal petite mini. You can take 3 aleve sized pills all at once or throughout the day. I haven't had a problem with the yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • I take the Prenate Mini pill. It's much smaller than the huge horse pill prenatals and it's a gel vitamin, so no weird chalky taste.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• I'm with you. I started with gummies, then tried regular pills, today I picked up these chewable mint flavored ones. We'll see how that goes. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @Beckyf321 I haven't tried them, but they have plenty of folic acid, calcium and iron--the 3 things I'd worry about the most!  Let us know how they are!  I'm choking down the horse pills every night, seems like that's better for me at night.

• @Beckyf321 Biiscuits???? I may have to look for these.

My last pregnancy I couldn't take any prenatals they made me so ill. I ended up taking Flinstone kids vitamins and a sepeaate iron pill (although the iron made me sick too so the OB eventually cut that one off too). I'm going to try the gummy prenatals this time, but I have no idea when they'll get here (I had to ship them into Canada, and now that they've finally cleared customs the postal service is about to go on strike).
  • allybadry said:
    @Beckyf321 Biiscuits???? I may have to look for these.

My last pregnancy I couldn't take any prenatals they made me so ill. I ended up taking Flinstone kids vitamins and a sepeaate iron pill (although the iron made me sick too so the OB eventually cut that one off too). I'm going to try the gummy prenatals this time, but I have no idea when they'll get here (I had to ship them into Canada, and now that they've finally cleared customs the postal service is about to go on strike).
    I take flintstones also!
  • I bought a centrium multi yesterday. Chewable mint. Not too bad. I supplement with extra folic acid and DHA. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Because of my blood clotting disorder I need folate instead of folic acid. So I take a folate/b12 vitamin with breakfast, baby aspirin and a dha pill with lunch, a prenatal (giant pill) with dinner and progesterone before bed. It's a lot to remember. I haven't had any problems taking any of them... Yet....
  • my gummies are starting to have a funky aftertaste.  But I think its because i'm taking them every morning after i brush my teeth.  @Beckyf321 Nutella sounds like a really good idea!
  • I take mine at night, which helps a little bit with not feeling as sick.  Last time it was the only way I could keep them down  :p
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My doc just prescribed Preg Vit which is two pills a day. They are smaller and split up the calcium and iron which supposedly makes them easier to take. I got a week long sample so we'll see how these ones go...
  • The gummy prenatal are the only ones that don't make me sick. With DS, even the RX ones were too much for my stomach to handle. I take the NatureMade ones.
  • Omie_WiseOmie_Wise member
    edited August 2016
    I take MegaFood's Mom and Me and they taste awful. I am skilled enough to take both of the horse pills at once but the taste is really foul. The upside is that they don't bother my stomach even if I take them without food. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use the gummies. Doctor says they are fine and my two year old came out ok. They're easier for me to stomach.

• @shaunessa I totally read your post as you putting nutella on the gummy! :D

I just looked at the link, and they are out of stock!  Aw, man! 
    **TW kids and loss mentioned**

-- DS 3.8.14
    -- MC 9.22.16 at 8 wks

• Gummies!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm choking down the horse pills until I can't take it because the thought of taking more than one pill to get everything I need gives me anxiety; although, occasionally, I will sneak DS's Flintstones with Iron because it's the same thing just missing the DHA.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought some gummy prenatal yesterday and then discovered they don't contain iron.  What?!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Yep, I recommend the gummies but you have to take iron in a pill form too.
  • I take a NatureMade Prenatal from Costco...a little big but coated (looks like a kidney bean). I take it at night before bed so it doesn't make me sick THOUGH the last few nights taking them I tend to gag/choke.

My gf takes these gummies PreNatals she gets on Amazon, she showed me other day but I forgot to write it down. I just asked earlier so I'll let you gals know. They smelled yummy and I love fruit snacks and gummies. Ha
  • I take Target brand prenatal gummies. They're raspberry and lemonade flavored so I haven't had any aversions to them. They don't have calcium, though, so I'm considering switching or supplementing the calcium.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @WkoutMomtoBe I have these too! Costco FTW :) They haven't made me sick thus far. I take mine in the morning with breakfast.  My nausea has always been worst in the evenings though.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I take Healthy Mama prenatals...its a duo pack.  One pill is your vitamin and the other is your DHA.  No nasty taste, heartburn, or anything.  I can't even take a vitamin normally without feeling sick so when I tried these and they worked I haven't taken anything but these.  It's 17ish a month, but totally worth not feeling sick.  They are also FD&C dye free, Gluten free, and has everything you need including iron.  The only thing I do is take more calcium in the form of chews.