TTC After a Loss

Tubal or just chemical

After six years of trying my husband and I finally got a positive pg test. My hcg levels went from 65 to 121 to 39. They told me I was having a chemical pregnancy. My first beta showed low progesterone so the put me on suppositories. I had what felt to me like a normal period 2 days after stopping progesterone. Heavy with a few clots. I bled for six days then stopped bleeding for six, then started again! They brought me in for another beta and it was still at 29 after more than two weeks. I have now been bleeding for  10 additional days. I also have some sharp pains in my right side, but nothing too terrible I can't stand. It might also be good to mention I came down with an uti during the six days I was not bleeding.  I guess it could be that but it feels different to me. Anyway I'm going in tomorrow for another ultrasound and blood test to see what's going on. I was just wondering if anyone had any similar situation.  Does this sound like it could be a tubal? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Re: Tubal or just chemical

• I am sorry for your loss.

I don't know what a tubal is. I hope you can get some answers from your doctor.

Best wishes!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    edited August 2016
    Hi @jwiet I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I don't have an experience that mirrors yours so I can't be of much help. I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well. 

Eta: tag

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Loading the player...
  • My experience isn't exactly the same as yours, but has some similarities- I did have low betas like you and I ended up bleeding for a month straight before a brief pause and then AF. mine was ectopic. I only got an ultrasound at the first appointment, right when the bleeding started and before the blood tests came back. After that my doctor said with betas that low nothing will be visible on ultrasound so we just used bloodwork. From what I understand from my doctor, as long betas are consistently going down, not up, even if it's slow, she wasn't worried. I needed bloodwork every 2 days until my doc felt like she knew what was going on, then weekly after treatment until the HCG was negative