April 2017 Moms
Options

Exercise/Fitness Check-in 8/25/16

**Public Service Announcement**
Hi all! This check-in is going to happen on Thursdays starting this week in order to spread out the check-ins.  All are welcome to participate in conversation about staying fit and healthy for baby - no Olympians required!

1.  What are your fitness and/or nutrition goals this week?

2.  Any challenges to meeting your goals this week?  

3.  Rants/Raves/Questions:  

4.  GTKY: What are you most looking forward to right now?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Exercise/Fitness Check-in 8/25/16

• Options
    Go for a run 5 days this week. Maybe a bike ride or kayaking this weekend if the weather is nice.
    I am starting to get out of breath running up hills...I do remember this from my last pregnancy and don't remember it getting much worse, so I just need to mentally get through it.
     so ready to get over this fatigue...it will make it a little easier to get out the door for a workout!
    Cooler fall weather-it will make it so much more enjoyable to run outside
  • Options
    1.  What are your fitness and/or nutrition goals this week?  make it to crossfit 4 days in the next week, and I would like to take a couple evening walks on the beach but i'm in Florida so i'm staying indoors during mosquito hours :(

2.  Any challenges to meeting your goals this week?  I workout at 5:30 am and my toddler still doesn't sleep through the night (shes getting better but still wakes up 1 or 2 times) I think they let her nap too long at daycare, so mornings are rough sometimes.

3.  Rants/Raves/Questions:  Every time I workout i'll be doing fine, then all the sudden it's like I hit a brick wall. I'm hoping this doesn't last all pregnancy

4.  GTKY: What are you most looking forward to right now?  cooler weather would be nice, but that will still be a couple months away
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1.  What are your fitness and/or nutrition goals this week?  Just keep working! The fatigue is starting for me, so it's been hard since I get up so early and have been going to bed at 7:30 pm each night.  I did spin twice this week, and hope to make it to pilates this weekend. 

2.  Any challenges to meeting your goals this week? : See above - also, @BeachMommy2B might be my soulmate (or at least our children who hate sleep are soulmates). 

3.  Rants/Raves/Questions:  During my last pregnancy, I just did high incline walking.  If my fatigue and nausea return to levels of last time, I'm definitely going back to that route.  What do people eat before working out in the AM while pregnant? 

4.  GTKY: What are you most looking forward to right now?: This is such a bummer, but bed.  To be perfectly honest, I'm so happy I'm started to really feel pregnant so even though I'm all like "whomp whomp I'm sooooo tired," I'm secretly so incredibly happy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kcasset if i figure out how to get her to sleep I'll let you know, you do the same! lol
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kcasset, some mornings I literally roll out of bed and go for a run. As long as I am not running too far I just drink a glass of water as I am getting dressed so that I can stay hydrated and eat breakfast once I cool down.

If I plan on running a longer distance I will eat a small breakfast first, maybe some Greek yogurt or a little Cereal. Then I eat the rest of my breakfast post-workout.
  • Options
    @kcasset I definitely try to eat something small before a workout - if it's right before then something small, like an apple.  If an hour or more before, than something bigger like peanut butter on toast.  I typically only go to the gym in the AM on the weekends though so my schedule is more flexible.  Usually I go after work during the week.
  • Options
    Thanks @chelle087 and @schef070911 ! I've only been able to manage half a piece of toast most mornings, but fruit might be a good idea. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    schef070911schef070911 member
    edited August 2016
    Just realized I didn't do one for myself!

Find a way to show up at the gym, basically.  Work has been crazy and all my normal gym times have gone out the window as a result.  I did some videos at home on Tuesday and I've walked at lunch and.... that's about it right now.  :/  Plus we will be out of town for part of this weekend. I need to start going to the gym in the early mornings but I just haven't yet.

2.  Any challenges to meeting your goals this week?  Tired, crazy work/private practice schedule, nauseous, short of breath.  

3.  Rants/Raves/Questions:  Anyone have favorite pregnancy-friendly fitness videos on YouTube?  I'm always looking for some new ones for when I don't have time to hit the gym but want to get in a quick workout at home!  There was some talk about the Bikini Body Mommy videos in an earlier check-in which I tried out and liked.

4.  GTKY: What are you most looking forward to right now? Telling my parents about the pregnancy this weekend, and the start of football season!! 

Edited: typos.
  • Options
    MS started for me this week so my goals were to go to stick to my routine, even if it wasn't as intense. So far, I've met it! 
    MS 

I signed up for a strength training class right before I got pregnant and I love it. It's helping me stay accountable. Usually I hate classes so this is a big win for me. 

Getting to tell my parents the happy news in 23 days! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kcasset, right now I am eating an apple but my favorite pre-gym snack are these non-bake energy bites from 101 Cookbooks
    Pregnancy Ticker