April 2017 Moms

Face wash and products

Hi! Does anyone recommend any face washes for pregnancy?
 Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Face wash and products

• catem07catem07 member
    edited August 2016
    I know you can't use anything with retinol or retin-a, but I don't know that there are specific pregnancy face washes. If you're looking for something gentler or less chemical, cetaphil comes highly recommended by derms. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Depending on what you need, but if you are looking just for something for cleansing you can really use just about anything out there. AT least my OB said, there really isn't anything to be too concerned about, maybe some hard core prescription stuff for acne, but even that is not always that horrible.

I like to use Neutrogena gentle foaming wash. It gets all the makeup off (including wp mascara). For something really gentle and free of everything Vanicream is great!!!

But when my acne gets ridiculous I still use Proactive, too.

• I use Arbonne's RE9 face wash and swap out with the gentle was in the shower. When my acne gets real bad I use the exfoliating scrub along with my genius wipes and it goes away almost the next day. I've also used their baby line for myself and dd! 
  • I asked my OB about this in my last pregnancy, and he didn't seem too concerned about face wash/products. As long as I wasn't ingesting them, he said I should be fine. :) 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers