Pregnant after a Loss

Going crazy

HLD3194HLD3194 member
edited September 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss

Re: Going crazy

• Those early weeks are so hard with waiting to be hopeful but also not getting your hopes up to try to minimize any future pain. I would find myself wishing I could look at baby stuff and enjoy it and then I realized that not enjoying this in the moment is not going to make it hurt less if God forbid, something bad happened down the road, and at the very minimum I could have some small happy memory from my day dreams. If you are having a good PGAL day let your self indulge in whatever baby relates thing sounds fun - if you are having a bad day don't beat yourself up about it. on those days I go for good old two handed distraction - cross stitching, crocheting, coloring in finely detailed pictures, etc. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I am 15 weeks tomorrow and I just spend a lot of time talking myself out of crazy thoughts. not helpful, I know. 

I keep thinking maybe I'll feel better when I can feel the baby move, but maybe I won't. i tell myself, it's ok if I don't stop worrying until after the baby is here, at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. Got my 1st beta back and was very happy with numbers. It has eased my PAL mind for now
  • I remind myself that at this point it's really out of my control what the outcome is. I pray every day. I try to keep busy. With my first rainbow the anxiety dimmed a bit once I could feel movement, but never truly went away until she was in my arms.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I'm going crazy too. It's so hard, and I'm too early to tell people I'm pregnant really so all they know is that I'm not acting like myself. Ha. What I've been trying to do though is just distract myself. Lots of mindless tv without drama or suspense, and some good books. Otherwise, I'm right there with you.