April 2017 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday (8/22)

So guys, what doesn't sound absolutely revolting to you this week? I'm basically hungry all of the time, so I'm starting this thread. 

In the words of my best friend, Ann Perkins:

Re: Meal Plan Monday (8/22)

• Options
    Tonight: grilled cheese & tomato soup
    Tuesday: BLTs and corn on the cob (we eat this like three times per week)
    Wednesday: Going out to eat (Italian)
    Thursday: lemon & garlic chicken and rice
    Friday: Cream can. I don't know 100% what this is, but it's apparently something that H's family ate when they were camping when he was a kid. I'm not sold that I will like it, but we have an unhealthy amount of pizza lunchables and frozen chicken strips just in case. 
  • Options
    Carbs. Carbs are the only things that sound good. I really might make grilled cheese tonight after reading your menu, @leslieknope
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lunches at work: Caprese salads (mozz, tomato, basil and balsamic glaze)
    Tonight/Tomorrow: Sloppy Joes w/ Corn on the Cob
    Wed/Thurs: Pork Tenderloin, rice and brussel sprouts
    Fri/Weekend: Who knows - probably eating out...

*Attempting to limit the salt this week since last time I was pregnant I ate lean cuisine's all month for lunches/dinners (I worked tax season in an acctg firm) and then went in for my first appt.  The OB was like um... your blood pressure is a bit high for your normal.  Asked what I was eating and about died laughing.  He promptly told me heck no to frozen meals so now it's a hodge podge of what I can come up with - I'm not much of a cook :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @leslieknope I am feeling the soup tonight too...I have been craving soup and it's finally not sweltering hot.

Monday: grilled cheese and Chipotle chicken soup
    Tuesday: spinach and egg pizzas (yes the egg will be runny. No I don't care)
    Wednesday : chicken taco salads
    Thursday: vegetable fritatta and potatoes 

That's as far as I have planned...
  • Options
    Oooohh @leslieknope grilled cheese sounds goooooood! Too bad my kids are oddballs and don't really eat it.  

Monday; sante fe chicken casserole (rice, black beans, salsa, corn, chicken, cheese, breadcrumbs)

Tuesday; turkey tacos/quesadillas w the leftover Santa Fe rice

Wednesday; cheeseburgers and tater tots

Thursday; traveling so probably pizza and cucumbers

Friday; thinking breakfast for dinner; French toast, eggs, fruit, pork roll

Lunches for my kids are usually; hotdogs, mac n cheese, chicken noodle soup, turkey sandwiches, fruit, heat and eat lasagna, bagels, nachos, yogurt, cereal, raw veggies etc I have really picky eaters :( I had a Cobb salad today (yep, I know about lunchmeat, not worried) 
  • Options
    Grilled cheese sounds so delicious! So does the BLT. I haven't been one for eating a whole meal, so these seem very "snacky." I like it. DH is going to the grocery store today after work. This would normally end in a shit show, but since I'm in the stages of early pregnancy, I'm sure everything he picks out will be amazing! Give me all the junk!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @JessWannaEatEverything I work at Safeway and have been dying for some of that soup but they never seem to have it when I'm working! Dip in a chicken strip or a sourdough bun...too good! May have to special request it this week...

Haven't thought much further ahead that today, but currently have a bacon double cheeseburger meatloaf in the oven that smells delish...will probably make rice and steamed veggies to go with it
  • Options
    I'm eating out all week. I'm just so exhausted when I get home. I have not turned on the stove in weeks. I've been eating at my mom's a lot.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    @beemaya83, this is me!!! Although my oven is going right now because I threw in some frozen chicken fingers and tater tots. We have ordered in so much lately it's embarrassing. I feel guilty feeding DS so much pizza. But I can't stand the thought of cooking. 
  • Options
    I don't meal plan and for now its sounds like salad and fruit is on the menu this week. Not sure what DD and DH will eat since I dont feel like cooking - Blue Evans Chicken Fingers? Broccoli that steams in a bag. I feel like a mom fail :(
  • Options
    @ladameperdue, that DOES sound amazing! Haha
  • Options
    @leslieknope you are a gonna come back later this week and enlighten us as to the 'cream can' mystery, right??
  • Options
    @Dannylion24,

If I can stomach it, yes! If not, it will become a repressed memory. 
  • Options

After reading all of this we're definitely having grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner tonight.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    Tonight will be grilled cheese and tomato soup. Because a) I don't feel like cooking (again), and b) It's been one of the few things that has sounded good this pregnancy so far (so we've been eating it a lot). Good thing DS likes grilled cheese!
  • Options
    How do you guys make your grilled cheese? My absolute favorite is mozzarella on pumpernickel almost burnt! DH likes to add bacon or porkroll.
  • Options
    So much talk about grilled cheese, might have to make some! I like to make mine with good seed Daves Killer bread and thick slices of cheddar, sometimes I'll do ham with havarti too, yum.
    My theme for dinner this week is simplicity. 
    Mon: tuna melts and corn on the cob
    Tues: chicken nuggets, French fries, steamed broccoli
    Wed: hot dogs, baked beans, coleslaw with crasins
    Thurs: steak, pasta, corn on the cob

We have a little obsession with corn on the cob right now, we got some fresh from a farm nearby and H wants it everyday. 
  • Options
    @belocin we play the same game at our house! 
  • Options
    Tonight we're having frozen lasagna, last night was delivered pizza, tomorrow I'm making a crock pot London broil.  And somehow I feel that grilled cheese will make it onto the menu Friday night........
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Options
    @beckyf321 We are having frozen lasagna tonight too! 
  • Options
    @KirstinH88, I just have no desire to cook anything real.  LOL.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @beckyf321 Me neither. I told DH that he was in charge of dinners from now on. Not only because I'm in my first tri, but also because I recently changed my schedule and get home way too late for me to start thinking about cooking. #sorrynotsorry
  • Options
    LOL, @KirstinH88, yes, girl!  I didn't even eat any of the lasagna either.  I heated up two slices of pizza from last night and had that.  Bacon and pineapple pizza.  Ermahgad.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The things that sound great to me: quiche loaded with veggies, potato soup, grilled cheese with tomato and basil on a crusty rustic bread. Things I have ambition to make: Tacos from a packet, mac n cheese from the box.