April 2017 Moms
Options

RCS/VBac Mamas?

I know it is still early but just curious who will be RCS or are you going to try for a VBac?  I will be a RCS .  I know I am not the norm, since I had an amazing birth even though it was an emergency situation.  My dr's were amazing, I did skin to skin right away.  My recovery was also really great...worried a bit about doing it with a 3 yr old this time around.  Also my mom came to stay last time and was here for 10 weeks, but she passed away so I have a lot of anxiety about not having her around ....

Re: RCS/VBac Mamas?

• Options
    This subject already has a thread. It is a great thing to talk about in the community and we would love to discuss with you. In the future though if you aren't sure if something has already been discussed I would suggest using the search. It would be better to post on an old thread full of relevant information than start a whole new thread. 
    I don't want you to miss all the information on the other thread. 

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/89171850#Comment_89171850

I hope that link worked. If not just go to search and type in VBAC and you will find the old thread. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That thread seemed to be about VBAC ( given the title) my question was more about RCS - thanks for the info though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You don't have to delete this. That's ok. I think I was misunderstanding. I read that as you weren't sure if you were a VBAC or RCS. I see now that you said you are going to be a RCS. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not having a RCS, but I did have a fourth-degree tear last time so I'm having a scheduled c-section this time. I know it's different, but I'm happy to commiserate with anyone going for an RCS...
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @kcasset I'm confused. Isn't a RCS just a term used for a scheduled c section? A Repeat C Section? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Mama5181 Yes, RCS is a repeat C section.

I am opting for a RCS most likely. I was in labor a for 30 hours before I started pushing, then pushed for 4 hours, and she didn't come out. No one knows why she didn't come out, but they think it's the shape or angle of my pelvic bone. I'm not risking the same experience again.
  • Options
    Mama5181 said:
    @kcasset I'm confused. Isn't a RCS just a term used for a scheduled c section? A Repeat C Section? 
    RCS is for repeat c-section.  I'm technically getting my first c-section, but I figured I could tag along with the RCS moms since I already know at six weeks that I'm having a c-section. I delivered vaginally last go-round but had serious complications (do not google fourth degree tears ever unless you want to be terrified). 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kcasset said:
    .... I'm technically getting my first c-section, but I figured I could tag along with the RCS moms since I already know ....
    This is me too.

I delivered DD vaginally last time, but she got stuck right near her shoulders. The doctors had to basically pull, wiggle, and yank her out. Which lead to other complications right after delivery. So this time we are opting for a c-section from the start.

I'm still really nervous about the c section though.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @BeachMommy2B  - Girl, I feel you! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had placenta previa last time and had an awesome c section. I'm going to try to go for a vbac but I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't happen.
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • Options
    I had an emergency c section after only 24 hours of labor.  So kudos to you squiddly!!!  You're one tough mama!
    im not sure what my options will be because I am pregnant now just 7 months later, and my doctor told me to wait 9 before another.
    I'm curious to hear about everyone's surgery experience. I was so out of it I don't even remember holding my DD for the first time. And I'd like to know how I can make my second one better
  • Options
    bwobwo member
    My son was breech so I had a planned c section. I'm going to wait and see what my doctor says.  Honestly there are parts of both vbac and a rcs  that scare me.  Might be a last few weeks decision.  
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• Options
    I am more than likely going to have a RCS.  I am very nervous about it since the first one was a horrible experience for me and DH.  Really hoping it is much better the second time around!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My first son was breech so I had a c-section with him. It was pretty awful. The drugs had me so doped up that I was sick to my stomach and so out of it that I couldn't hold him or feed him for quite a while after he was born. My incision also became infected and I had to take some pretty strong antibiotics.

I pushed hard for a vbac with my second son because of my experience with the first. The vbac went so smoothly and I got to enjoy the first moments after birth that I missed the first time around. The days after birth were so much easier and enjoyable for me.

I will be hoping for the same this time around, but will obviously do whatever is best and safest for the baby. A c-section is a major surgery and I'd like to avoid it if possible. 
  • Options
    I am also having a RCS.  I failed my 42w induction and had an unplanned CS after 24h of labor, to my beautiful 10.5 lb baby boy.  My BFF was also one of the rare cases of uterine rupture in her VBAC.  I had a great CS experience, short of the longer recovery.  I'll also most likely be having a salpingectomy (tubes removed), since we know we are done and it may decrease the risk of ovarian cancer.
  • Options
    I had an emergency c-section with my son. He was breech until about week 38, and when he flipped he didn't really make it all the way head down. He got stuck with his (giant) head sideways in the birth canal and was in distress.

I want to try for a VBAC this time, but my hospital is not super VBAC friendly, but my OB is optimistic about it. She thinks the hospital might say no since these two will be 21 months apart, and they prefer at least 24 months in between c-sections. I would not be sad with a RCS though.
  • Options
    I will be having my 3rd CS with this baby. With my daughter my water broke and she was sunny side up. I was given the option for a section and I took it. I tried for a VBAC with my son but he was overdue and they would not induce due to the previous CS. Both experiences were mostly good. With DS I was sick to my stomach from the drugs but I learned they cannot offer you nausea meds but will give them if you ask. As soon as I took them I was 100 percent better. I won't wait so long to ask if that happens this time around! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    @kt&john....why on earth can they not offer you nausea meds?!?!
    Married: 9/19/09
    DS 1: 10/17/10
    DS 2: 6/30/13
    MMC found 4/2/16   D&C 4/4/16 & 4/10/16
     Cautiously expecting.....EDD 4/1/17
  • Options
    I don't know @scorpiomer and I may not remember correctly because I was a little out of it, but I think I remember the nurse saying I can give you nausea meds if you ask for them.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Options
    KT&John said:
    I don't know @scorpiomer and I may not remember correctly because I was a little out of it, but I think I remember the nurse saying I can give you nausea meds if you ask for them.
    Why do I seem to remember something like this, too, even for a vaginal birth? I don't know, my labor was 2 days so I can't really say I recall anything. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That seems strange...I am an L&D nurse.  Now when someone first comes in I may say something like.. If you feel nauseous just let me know and I will give you something.  But whenever my patients are nauseous.. I will always offer meds to help.
    Married: 9/19/09
    DS 1: 10/17/10
    DS 2: 6/30/13
    MMC found 4/2/16   D&C 4/4/16 & 4/10/16
     Cautiously expecting.....EDD 4/1/17
  • Options
    I wish you had been my nurse! I do know for sure it was the day after my CS (and being sick) that meds came up. So my point was if this happens to you and meds don't come up right away...ASK! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Options
    Ugh you guys just reminded me of the post cs nausea. I had DH take DS because I didn't want to puke on him 
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • Options
    I'm doing a RCS as well.  Apparently my hospital I'll be delivering at has a policy against VBACs.  I was wanting to do the RCS anyways and it was recommended to be the best option by my OB but I was surprised that the hospital doesn't do VBACs. With my last pregnancy, I had a scheduled CS so now I'm actually nervous about going into labor and what that feels like since it's a possibility that could happen prior to my scheduled RCS.

CafeMom Tickers

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

I am for sure having a RCS. 23 hours of labor after my water broke to end up at -2 station and only 7cm? Yeah no thanks. I'm not mad about being able to plan adequate care for my toddler either.

When  I finally meet my new OB in a few weeks, I'm discussing getting my tubes tied while they're in there. Closing up shop.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    @PreDempsey you should ask about what you OB thinks having them removed vs. tied!
  • Options
    I will be getting a RCS. Last time I had the most unpleasant experience with pitocin*? And it absorbed completely within an hour.. this was at 11pm and I had to wait till 7am for my water to be broken. I ended up just being put on anesthesia and wasn't awake for her birth. My anxiety issues would very much welcome a planned c-section :)

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker