Baby Names
Options

Charlene is a must

We can use Charlene as a first or middle name.. I really like Emma Charlene. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Re: Charlene is a must

• Options
    Emma Charlene sounds nice although Emma is the #1 most popular name. If that doesn't bother you then go for it! Would you pronounce the MN -Shar-leen or Char-leen?
  • Options
    Emma Charlene is nice. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Shar-leen  .... I didnt know Emma was the #1 name. I dont know if that bothers me or not. I'll have to think on that. We are not really "different names" kinda people. 

• Options
    bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited August 2016
    I think Emma Charlene is very nice although I like Charlene in the Fn spot it's unexpected 

• Options
    I do think Emma Charlene is pretty.

I worked with a lady whose name was Charlene Donna.
  • Options
    You can't go wrong with Emma. It pairs well with almost anything and it timeless. 

If you decide to use Charlene as a FN, Grace or Elizabeth would be good middles. 
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles. 
  • Options
    I strongly dislike Emma...
    Charlene is a great first name though
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    Charlene is so refreshing as a FN...I really love it. Echoing PPs suggestions of Charlene Grace or Charlene Elizabeth.

Adding:
    Charlene Elise
    Charlene Rose
    Charlene Marie
    Charlene Joy
    (Clearly I like shorter MNs with Charlene, haha.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love Emma. Emma Charlene is nice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Charlene is GREAT as a middle name because of the stress on the second syllable, and there are only a handful of names like that. It really makes it flow well with other names like... EMMA! I think you have a great pick! 
  • Options
    Emma Charlene is very sweet! I only know 2 little girls named Emma, even though it is a popular name.
  • Options
    kmvisioli said:
    Emma Charlene is very sweet! I only know 2 little girls named Emma, even though it is a popular name.
    I agree. We have 4 kids and of all their peers and our family and friends I can only think of one Emma.
  • Options
    I think it's a great middle name. 
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade