April 2017 Moms

Why my SO is an a-hole

Poison&WinePoison&Wine member
edited August 2016 in April 2017 Moms
Hey ladies! I thought it would be fun to start a thread that we can all benefit from. In my last Birth Month Club, we had a thread like this where we posted once a week to gripe about our so's. It's actually pretty funny reading people's stories. It can be anything from "my husband ate my last bag of Doritos" to "my boyfriend doesn't understand why I'm so annoyed about his mom's behavior." Anyway, you get the gist! Get your vent on, you vicious pregnant women! Haha

Re: Why my SO is an a-hole

• @allybadry Thanks again for the thread's name idea! You rock! Hope this takes off! I need something to laugh at. 
  • I attempted to comment on the Read This First thread, but TB mobile is cranky and hungry (kind of like me). I
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • TB got hungry again!
  • @KirstinH88 I saw that! I was wondering what happened ha
  • I was trying to say "I'm all for fun, GTKY type threads. How many times can I tell you ladies that I'm bloated..."
  • I love this thread!!

We are typically a super active couple - always biking, working out, etc. etc. but for the last 3 weeks I have been insanely tired and had bad stomach aches. I constantly felt like SO was upset that we were just sitting in every night so the other night I asked him about it. He said something along the lines of "I just want you to be normal" and I SNAPPED lol.  Later on he explained he meant he just doesnt want to see me in pain all the time, but at the time, I went all ARE YOU KIDDING ME. hahah

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• My wife lost weight and stopped snoring for a while....now all of a sudden she decided she was going to start that nonsense again!  I'm ready to kick her out of bed.
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • Okay so I love reading all of these posts- but what about an opposite thread? Like.. why my SO is amazing?
  • @SDSwenson  YES! You should so start that thread

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @SDSwenson You should start that thread! It's nice to see all the sweet things our so's can be capable of as well. 
  • @sdswenson you beat me to the idea! My DH has been amazing. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• I haven't had any crazy symptoms, just sore boobs, exhaustion, some occasional light nausea, but no vomiting. I've been open with DH about my symptoms, because, well....he's DH and the father of this child...seems logical to me. So basically every day I've been saying how tired I am and occasionally I'll make a comment of my sore boobs when something hits it or rubs against it. I've even occasionally told him when my stomach was churning. Well last night he proceeds to tell me that I am "being a big baby" during this pregnancy and I wasn't this way with DS. He clearly doesn't have a very good memory of me falling asleep at like 6pm when I was pregnant with DS. Or him not being able to touch my boobs. Or me gagging everytime I brushed my teeth.
  • Poison&WinePoison&Wine member
    edited August 2016
    @housewifehobbyist I don't think "a-hole" is gonna scare any of these ladies away from posting, but if everyone agrees with you, I'll gladly change the name! :smile:
    edited August 2016
  • @housewifehobbyist I don't think "a-hole" is gonna scare any of these ladies away from posting, but if everyone agrees with you, I'll gladly change the name! :smile:
    I think the current title is funny. My husband is the best man I've ever met, but he sure can be an a-hole every now and then!
    Me: 29 DH: 31 Married: 9/17/2014
    1st child, 2 fur-babies
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I don't care either way, but obviously it should be a post that everyone can relate to and feel comfortable writing on. With that being said, maybe we should change the name. Just let me know so I can update the Read This First post.

Also, another reason why DH is driving me insane....He works in construction and makes decent money for never having been to college (no hate here), but I am definitely the breadwinner. His job has been pretty slow lately, and so they are going to transfer him to an area that is busier. He does not want to go to this new area. He says the chances of him returning to his original area once it picks back up are not a for sure thing, but I think they would gladly grab him back. Well, now he's texting me saying that he wants to ask his boss to lay him off. Ummm.....WTF?!?!!? And that he is going to go on an interview at a company that one of his coworkers went over to. But this new company requires travel and his current one doesn't. He says the pay is slightly higher, but I don't think its enough to validate the move of companies. Also, if he changes jobs right now, he won't qualify for FMLA and therefore won't be able to take much time off when baby arrives. I've discussed this all with him already and told him that he is stressing me out and he says "How is this stressing you out. Its my job?" Does he think his job has no effect on me or our family?!?!?!?!?!

End rant. :)
  • Currently I'm annoyed at my DH bc of fantasy football (already). Why does the draft party have to be an entire weekend event?? Normally I don't care as much, but I'm just totally sick and beyond exhausted right now and trying to get the older 2 kids ready for school (supplies, new shoes, clothes, soccer season stuff, and summer homework) and keep the little 2 occupied with the heat and bugs ... all of them have just been together too long this summer and the bickering is nonstop. And daddy gets to disappear for the weekend to go hang out, play golf, eat delicious catered food, and booze it up while I pull double duty! Ugh! On top of him being out of town for work for a few night here and there for the next couple weeks. Really grinds my gears. 
  • @Dannylion24, I am also annoyed about fantasy football. I don't understand why DH just has to be in so many leagues. I really don't care once the drafts are over, but the drafting kills me!
  • @Dannylion24 @chelle087 I am in 3 fantasy football leagues which is totally ridiculous and I'm fully aware of it. I love FF, it really brings out my competitive side (esp. when playing DH, ha!) However, none of mine involve a full weekend of shirking all responsibilities, so I totally feel you there! That would grind my gears too.   :)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @housewifehobbyist, I agree about the name change. I'm sure I'll have things to post in here at one point or another, but name calling isn't something we are cool with in my marriage. And maybe I'm just being uptight, but the current name would prevent me from posting. Sorry!! Just being honest, ladies :) 
  • @housewifehobbyist @STM2017 I spoke with @KirstinH88 and the name change will change when I post again next Friday, since that is my designated day. (I wasn't gonna post this Friday, b/c that would be two posts in one week.) Thanks for the feedback, gals! Name suggestions would help, since the first one wasn't up-to-par. 
  • @Poison&Wine, oh man. I'm so not creative. "Not cool, SO. Not. Cool", "Because I'm pregnant, SO, that's why!", "SO Rage!!"...or since it's going to be Friday: "SO Friday Flip Outs", "SO Friday Frenzy"

Told you I'm not creative lol
    edited August 2016
    @STM2017 Thank you for the suggestions! I like a couple of those. So that'll work! "Not Cool" is my fav. Ha. 

@allybadry Oh yeah!!!!! 

Edited to add gif 
  • @schef070911 I think that's cool that you play FF! Maybe I will learn something from you and will actually be able to follow along with DH. The season itself doesn't bug me, just the timing of the draft party is rubbing me the wrong way. Let's go sport! Yay team!

• bwobwo member
    @schef070911 I think that's cool that you play FF! Maybe I will learn something from you and will actually be able to follow along with DH. The season itself doesn't bug me, just the timing of the draft party is rubbing me the wrong way. Let's go sport! Yay team!

Hilarious!!!
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16