February 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (8/24)

I'm going to try and cut these down a bit, but feel free to use any format you like! 

How far along are you?  How big is baby? 

Symptom changes? How are you feeling?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What excites you most about the new baby?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (8/24)

• 17 weeks! Pomegranate!

Feeling ok. I'm starting to really pack on the weight which is scary for me (gained 75 lbs with DD and it was a hot mess). I'm just trying to not go overboard. Feeling some movement sporadically. Starting to get a constant stuffy nose. 

I have an appt today - nothing exciting, just a quick check with the Doppler. Only 3 weeks til the A/S!

I think that I am most excited about DD getting a lifelong friend. 
  • How far along are you?  How big is baby? 
    15 weeks :), baby is the size of a navel orange.

I've been feeling pretty good. To the point I almost freaked out that something happened. Be careful what you wish for, this morning the ligament pain returned with a vengeance while scretching to get up. I sneezed and thought my someone stabbed me. I now have no more fear that something is wrong. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Our five year old has been prepping us for middle of the night wake ups for over two weeks now. He's normally a great sleeper and this is exhausting my husband and I both. He doesn't know we are expecting. He wants a sibling desperately, so we know he'll be excited to meet baby. With our previous loss it really affected him and still is so that's why we haven't told him.

Seeing Wyatt's face when he meets his sister or brother has me really excited. Seeing my kids together will be so heart warming. Seeing my husband gush over a new baby and me falling in love with him all over again because he's so awesome. I'm also very excited for that overwhelming all consuming love for another child to happen again. Being a mom has been my only true desire/aspiratiodn so going through this again has been amazing so far.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  How big is baby? 14 weeks, a peach! 2nd Trimester woohoo!

Symptom changes? How are you feeling? Not really a lot of changes though I've noticed the last couple of days my nausea seems to be not quite so bad until I get hungry and then I'm sooo nauseous! 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I have my 14 week appointment at 4:30 today, really hoping that goes well. It's just a quick check in but I'm dying to hear the baby's heart beat.

I think I might be starting to show (not like OMG she's totes preggers) but there's definitely some of my blump that is rounder and permanent. Hoping that is the baby and not just the carbs I've been eating catching up to me. I need to start tracking my diet better but this week is rough b/c of DH's work schedule we still haven't made it to the grocery store and have been eating out instead... 

GTKY: What excites you most about the new baby? FTM here so I'm just so excited to get to hold this little guy/girl, count all the little fingers and toes, and cover it with kisses! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• How far along are you?  How big is baby? 15 weeks, travel sized deodorant! 

Symptom changes? How are you feeling? I cry about everything (thanks @bdesterhouse for the above story...and thanks Luke Bryan's song "Little boys grow up and dogs get old"). Having a bit more cramping, but my belly has really popped the last few days so I think it's just everything growing. I haven't eaten much/well the last few days which has resulted in some light headedness, so trying to up the calories/water/electrolytes. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? We picked out a carseat on Friday, so that's making everything feel a bit more real. DH's work schedule is still OB. NOXIOUS. with 7am meetings every day that needs to be at work for...so he's leaving at 6:15am every day. When he gets up, the dogs get up, so everyone gets up. 

GTKY: What excites you most about the new baby? We live on a fair chunk of land and plan to have a little hobby farm one day (cows, chickens, pigs, etc.). There is already a plethora of wildlife on the land as well (deer, pheasants, sandhill cranes, cats, coyotes, lightening bugs at night). Last night, we were throwing the ball around for the dogs and walking on the trails and the dogs started playing with a toad. This reminded us of how excited we are to give this baby (and any future kids) these really close up experiences with nature and open space to explore. Once we get the farm animals too, we think the experience of raising your own food, caring for the animals, collecting the eggs, and thanking these animals for nourishing us will provide a unique and humbling perspective on life. We also joked that we will need GPS trackers on our kids since it will be extremely easy for them to run off and hide from us if they are angry and don't want to be found! 
  • krobkrob member
    How far along are you?  15 weeks  How big is baby? Navel orange or box of crayons

Symptom changes? How are you feeling? Overall feeling much better as far as symptoms go. I am beginning to get uncomfortable already, which just seems WAY to soon. I am also not that interested in food currently. Everyday I have to force myself to eat and even then, I am not into it. I never thought that even allowing myself to eat whatever I want would still not be appetizing. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I know weight gain is a sensitive subject here, but I am beginning to worry that I am not gaining enough. I am sure there is plenty to come, so I should probably take it as is goes. I can't tell if the change is a result of my change in diet as well as no alcohol. I used to get A LOT of extra calories from wine and now that's all gone. I am sure once I have my doctor's appointment next week will ease my mind. 

GTKY: What excites you most about the new baby? Figuring out who this little person will be really excites me. My parents did a great job with providing and instilling good qualities that have helped me as an adult, but they were also REALLY controlling and overbearing. A lot of my identity, especially in my 20's was based on who and what they wanted me to be. I am looking forward to discovering who my son is right along with him, without pushing him (hopefully). 

Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
    18 weeks, and artichoke  

It is getting harder sleep, I have to find just the right position for everything to feel right and I have a snuggle to help. But all I want right now is to lay on my back and the funny part I have never been a huge back sleeper. The problem is I am a role everywhere sleeper. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Working as a teacher and being pregnant sucks. I just want to go the bathroom when I need too. But I do now have a great thing to tell he kids when they want to go to the bathroom just to get out of work, I am like if I am pregnant and holding so can you. I am a mean middle school teacher. 

GTKY: What excites you most about the new baby? I am soo excited about taking the baby up my parents place in the mountains and teaching them how to ski and sled all in my parents backyard.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • How far along are you?  How big is baby?  15 weeks...Apple

Symptom changes? How are you feeling? I'm starting to feel a lot better. I did have a bout of MS last Saturday but I've bounced back.

Rant/Rave/Questions? krob I'm with you on worrying I'm not gaining enough. I lost 8lbs due to MS; I still have 4 more to gain back. Everything that made me sick still scares me to try again....most meats, peanut butter, everything but carbs mostly. I've scared bc my coworker has GD and I'm worried with all the carbs I'm eating I'll get it too. My OB said not to worry yet tho.

GTKY: What excites you most about the new baby? EVERYTHING! I've waited so long for this baby I can't wait for every special moment.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

17 weeks. Size of a pomegranate/creme brûlée 

I've been sick all week so I'm not sure what's related to the pregnancy vs cold

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    My doctor wants me to have a high risk ultrasound due to my previous 2 mc's. She says its precautionary but I'm worried she saw something on the ultrasound and suspects something is wrong.

Finally having a healthy baby and all the things! 
  • @joyful08 I will be having a high risk ultrasound as well. My doctor isn't taking any chances, so maybe yours is being the same way and nothing is necessarily wrong. I'll keep you in my thoughts that all is well. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • How far along are you?  How big is baby? 14 weeks and baby is supposed to be the size of a peach, but this kid well outsized the average 14-week fetus a week and a half ago. So.

Symptom changes? How are you feeling? I'm exhausted and feeling super worn down.  That probably has to do more with the insane week I'm having than with the baby, though.

Rant/Rave/Questions? If I'm this tired now, how am I going to survive teaching in the dead of winter when I'm the size of a house?  Also, I gained 2.5 pounds literally overnight.

GTKY: What excites you most about the new baby? Seeing my husband with the kid.  I can't wait.
    15 weeks - size of an orange (haven't even had a chance to check all the fun sizes on Ovia!)

Feel good, just exhausted! Preservice week for teachers is always long/hard/stressful and I was so used to my naps... 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Nothing really... Starting to spread the word at work, which is kind of fun :)

Finally giving DS the sibling he's been asking for for years! It's been so long that I'm actually looking forward to "starting over," too 
    15 weeks! Box of crayons or a canary!
    I feel really good. Like some slight boob soreness, but nothing else. Woohoo second tri!
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Oh the weight gain. 5 lbs in the 1st tri. Not a good start. I did spend most of 1st tri snacking and napping, though. So there's that.
    Seeing how DD will be as a big sister. Also getting to experience the baby years again. It was (mostly) fun and I want another chance at this BF thing. 
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Thanks @bdesterhouse I really hope it's 100% purely precautionary. 
  • 17 weeks. Pomegranate.

Lots of lower back pain. Which is new. And thrilling. 

My supply is almost completely gone so the kiddo has auto weaned and gone easily to cows milk before bed. Now I feel sad. And also crazy. 

Like most of the answers here I'm also super stoked to see my kid become a big brother. :)
  • srscott3srscott3 member
    edited August 2016
    14 weeks (yay for second Tri!), baby is the size of a peach 

Heartburn has been especially awful lately. And lots of round ligament pain, which is making it hard to sit all day in class. 

I started my 3rd year of law school this week and I can't believe some of the shit that comes out of people's mouths when they find out you're pregnant. Thankfully this bmb has prepared me for all the inappropriate crap I should expect to hear. 

After 7 years with my husband, I'm mainly excited to see what a baby who is half of each of us will look like/what kind of person they will be ❤️
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe I don't think you should worry too much about 5lbs during 1st trimester. The weight gain chart I have says you should gain about 5lbs in 1st trimester but it's ok to be a little more or less. 

My doctor was pretty happy I was almost back up to starting weight but I was too embarrassed to tell him all that gain was from just eating out so much with our work schedules this week... :( I'm trying not to worry about it b/c we're going to the grocery store tonight and I'm going to get healthier foods!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @marriedhamstermom @grapeskittles4lyfe yeah I read something recently that was like "you should've gained about 5lbs by now..."  It's not just snacks and naps, it's placenta and fluids and increased blood volume etc. etc. 
  • MommaBean said:
    @marriedhamstermom @grapeskittles4lyfe yeah I read something recently that was like "you should've gained about 5lbs by now..."  It's not just snacks and naps, it's placenta and fluids and increased blood volume etc. etc. 
    This.  I also recently read that your boobs gain about 1-2 pounds per additional cup size.
    16 Weeks - An Avacodo
    I have to pee all the time... I really really hate sneezing and my seasonal allergies are bad!!

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I need a acation from work and a magically clean house ...

Getting to experience and really treasure all of the new baby stages again. I was so terrified with Gwen (I knew nothing about kids) that I really didn't treasure those new moments enough!
  • @NiceyMeany @marriedhamstermom @MommaBean

Thanks! I just feel like I wasnt as squishy last time around. But maybe that's just my general squishyness...who knows.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Bump. *disregard*

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!