Babies on the Brain

August Check-In

I saw this wasn't started yet:

1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set?

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting?

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time?

4. GTKY: How would your ideal date-night go?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: August Check-In

• 1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set?
    About 5.5 months

Finishing graduate school

Getting back in shape and saving up money

--Pretty simple. Nice dinner at our favorite seafood restaurant, going for a walk outside and snuggling up to watch tv or a movie.

About 8 months
    Getting financials in order, hoping to find a larger home. I'm okay with waiting most days, other days I get really excited and don't want to wait a minute longer.
    Getting back in shape, eating healthy....yesterday was a day I got *really excited* and started looking into VBACs what I can do now and doctors in my area that are recommended.
    Go out for sushi have a few drinks, go out to the bar to see our friends play.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. No timeline set yet. Sometime after the new year.

2. DS is just over a year and we want another, just not quite yet.

3. Enjoying our baby boy and paying off debt. We have a small car so we'll have to buy something bigger before it's time for 2 car seats.

4. AT&T park at night, a cold beer and a heaping plate of garlic fries! Perfect!
    4-5 months... sometime after the new year. I was thinking November baby...But now I'm thinking October...

recovering from pregnancy, saving up for a house...
    i don't really like waiting, but then LO does something and makes me happy to wait!

Learning to be a mom. Lol... Making lots of mistakes on this waffle child so I won't on the next ;)

Mom would take LO for the ENTIRE night. Order Joe's KC to go.(ribs with onion rings and creamy slaw) Eat it while watching the newest Marvel movie and cuddle on the couch... Then... Have a great night (if you know what I mean) and sleep in.

No specific months set as it mainly depends on us getting a house. I am really hoping to get started in 6 months

Getting a house is our current priority. While we live in a decent place now it just isn't ideal for children and I really don't want to do the moving process with a baby/pregnant.
    Waiting is driving me crazy. I have baby fever real bad right now. If we weren't planning on a house I would want to get started now.

Getting in much better shape, I want a healthy body for a healthy body. I started taking daily vitamins also.

Nice dinner out, then either out to a movie or lots of snuggling on the couch at home

• LmmtravelsLmmtravels member
    edited August 2016

1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? About 1.5!

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting? Travel for work and my husband's grad program. We're waiting so a due date likely wouldn't happen while he's still in classes. I feel like it's a good decision, but am sad that we have to wait (been waiting for awhile).

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time? I've been taking prenatals for a while, but really need to work on lowering my stress levels and continuing to exercise regularly.

4. GTKY: How would your ideal date-night go? Would love to do something outside in nice weather...maybe have a great meal and then walk around downtown.

Btw: apologies if I did this wrong. Writing on my phone on a bumping bus ride!
    Me:34 | DH: 35
    Married: 6/10/11
    *TW BFP: 12/4/16  EDD: 8/12/17

• 1. How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set? About 1.5!

2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting? Travel for work and my husband's grad program. We're waiting so a due date likely wouldn't happen while he's still in classes. I feel like it's a good decision, but am sad that we have to wait (been waiting for awhile).

3. What are you doing to prepare ahead of time? I've been taking prenatals for a while, but really need to work on lowering my stress levels and continuing to exercise regularly.

4. GTKY: How would your ideal date-night go? Would love to do something outside in nice weather...maybe have a great meal and then walk around downtown.

Btw: apologies if I did this wrong. Writing on my phone on a bumping bus ride!

I am here with you in regards to waiting to get started. I am currently learning to cope with that feeling as well.
    6 ish weeks I think. 
    2. What's holding you back & how do you feel about waiting?  We had been waiting until vacation.  We are waiting the CDC's 8 weeks after traveling to an active zika virus area since DH has no symptoms.

Just trying to continue healthy eating habits, vitamins, and tracking BBT since we are using that to TTA.

4. GTKY: How would your ideal date-night go?  Right now?  Order in food, send the kiddos to grandma and grandpa's, and just relax at home.  We haven't done that in a long time.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How many months until you TTC, if you have a timeline set?

6 weeks or so

Main thing holding us back is this Mirena, but other than that, I'd also like to drop as much weight as possible before that bfp.

Eating right, exercising and reading up on fertility tracking

Kids with grandma for the night, then go see a movie followed by dinner and drinks at what we call a "no kids allowed" restaurant (too expensive). After that, a nice hotel with a beautiful view of the city and us just enjoying being with one another. 
    Me (32) Hubby (32)
    DS (13) DD (10) DD (6) TTC #4
  • PhillymommaX2PhillymommaX2 member
    edited August 2016
    Hi everyone, my husband and I decided a few days ago that we would try for # 3 early next year. I have 4 year old and soon to be 3 year old... Both girls. I was dead set on no more kids but seeing as my baby is about to turn 3, I realized I am not ready to be done! Nice meeting you all.     
    ETA:
    I answered all the questions but I don't know where they went! I have to get used to bumping again I suppose. Anyway we are ttc in Feb 2017. I'll do better with the September check in hopefully
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018