January 2017 Moms

Tell Us Tuesday 8/23

Haven't had one of these in a couple weeks! How about we do a couple would you rather. 

Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek?

Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? 

Would you rather, go to a play or a musical? 
BabyGaga
DS1 - 03/31/2006
DS2 - 12/31/2008
DS3 - 06/26/2012
DS4 - 08/07/2014

Re: Tell Us Tuesday 8/23

• Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek?
    Star Wars all the way!! Though I do like Star Trek :)
    Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? 
    I'm going to say paperback, I enjoy reading ebooks, but if given the choice I'd more likely chose the book!
    Would you rather, go to a play or a musical? 
    Play, I've been to a handful of musicals and they just do not hold my attention! All though, throw Opera in there and I'd pick that above both! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek?
    Neither!  :#  LOTR and horror over the space stuff any day!! (Although Leonard Nemoy was a national treasure so Trek just for him) 

Paperback any day! I have a huge library (mainly of thrillers and mainstream junk) that I wouldn't trade for all the e-readers in the world!

Ooooohhhhhh musical probably. Rent and Sweeney Todd and Hair and the Phantom <3<3<3
  • Loading the player...
  • Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars I suppose. I've never gotten into either. 

Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? Paperback, fo sho!

Would you rather, go to a play or a musical? Hmmm, that's a tough one. Musicals kind of have my heart since I was in a few back in the day. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek? I guess it would have to be Star Wars.

Definitely paperback!

A play!

neither, not my thing even a little bit

I have a huge paper back collection that I love but these days I'd be lying if I said I read anything not on an e-reader

Either depending on the show I guess. I like musicals and plays but I've definitely seen a few of both that I hate too
  • Fun questions! 

I'm not a huge fan of either but I would choose starwars I think. 

Real book! 

Musical! I could watch les miserables a million times! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Star Wars for sure.  I like Trek too, but I've been a big SW fan for years.
    Whichever I can get my hands on first!  I'm a voracious reader and will read just about anything.  Both formats have their pros and cons.
    For something I am totally unfamiliar with, probably a play, but If I already know the songs, a musical for sure.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahhh, my heart is hurting for the lack of love for star wars and star trek!!!! Where are my space loving mamas??? ;) 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
    Here I am @mommywesley :) Star Trek all the way! 

Paperback for sure! 

Musical! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

Star Wars all the way...I just can't get in to Star Trek
    Paperback, but I have started to embrace the ebook availability.

It really depends on what it is. I enjoy both.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek? I'm not an action movie or a sci-fi movie person, so I don't really care for either movie. I tend to favor comedies or horror movies.  

Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? Paperback alllll day! I could wander around Barnes and Noble forever!

Would you rather, go to a play or a musical? It would depend on my mood. I'm a HUGE Shakespeare nerd (I own the anthology of his complete works and have a tattoo of one famous line), so I love plays. However, it is admittedly more fun to watch a musical. 
  • Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek? Sorry to report that neither for me. I have not watched either series, not really into sci-fi space. Now Harry Potter............... hold your horses because I LOVE HP! 

Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? Paperback, all day! I have a few novels loaded on my iPhone that I love to re-read & to have anywhere I go, however, I prefer to bring a paperback around. 

Would you rather, go to a play or a musical? This is hard, I truly enjoy both, but I would have to say plays are my favorite!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

Star Wars

Probably a paperback, unless I'm on a plane and then I prefer an eBook.

A play
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek?
    Star Trek definitely, because I absolutely hate episodes 2 and 3 of Star Wars
    Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? 
    I love the feel of a real book, but everything I read these days is on my tablet for ease.
    Would you rather, go to a play or a musical? 
    Musical! I have such fond memories of going to musicals with my grandma: Beauty and the Beast, Man of la Mancha, Spamalot, Wicked...
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Probably neither. I've seen all the Stars Wars movies but none of the Star Trek movies. Just not my thing I guess. 

I'd rather read a paperback and I'd rather use my Kindle for audiobooks!  <3

Musical! 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek? Ehhh, not really into either. But if I had to pick, Star Trek.

Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? Paperback. I feel like they're a dying trend, and I'm trying to keep them alive!

Would you rather, go to a play or a musical? A play. I'm not a fan of musicals. The only ones I care for are Grease and the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Oh dear. Given the fact that I only just watched the original Star Wars last December (I had seen the Empire Strikes Back and parts of Return of the Jedi), I'd probably go with Star Trek. I did really like Episode 7 though! 

I love my real books! But, I basically lived out of a backpack from 26-31 so an e-reader was essential. I have about 1,100 ebooks! 

It's a tie, for sure! 
    I was raised to be a Trekkie.  Grew up on Next Gen and didn't even see Star Wars until I was 30.  (But I do love Star Wars- I'm such a Jim Henson fan I don't know why I never watched it)

I think ebook at this point.  It's just so convenient.  But when I really get into a series I like to have them hard copy.

I'm good with either because I just love the theat-ah, but I do love a good musical.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Haven't had one of these in a couple weeks! How about we do a couple would you rather. 

Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek?
    Star Wars!

I love picking up and reading a paperback, but I usually read ebooks because it's more convenient.

Musical

BabyFetus Ticker

Star Trek. I love the exploration that takes place in the series.

Nothing beats the feel of a book. The only draw back is the amount of space all my books take up! This is our biggest hurdle to getting the nursery set up...We have half a dozen bookcases filled with books to relocate and no room in our condo.

I do enjoy both, but musicals seem to stick with me for longer. And I relive them with soundtracks. We bought season tickets to the performing arts center and I can't wait for our season to start!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek? While I definitely enjoy both, I'm going to have to say Star Wars. I grew up with Star Wars and only in my adulthood did I start watching Star Trek. I also use every sore throat that I've ever had in my life as an opportunity to practice my Chewy voice.

Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? I like the feel of holding a paperback book more, but I love the convenience of having an entire library available to you when you're traveling. I also like the privacy of a Nook in that people can't tell what you're reading (maybe I'm just paranoid or something?), but I definitely have quite the paperback collection.

Would you rather, go to a play or a musical?  I enjoy plays much more than musicals, and really enjoy ballet. I have yet to see an opera but would love to give that a whirl!
    Me & DH: 27
    Met: 12.9.2007
    Married: 9.26.2014
    BFP: 5.1.2016
    Baby Boy Due: 1.13.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
    Not really my thing, but if I had to choose I'd go Star Wars. 

Paperback, unless I'm reading something dirty like Fifty Shades - then ebook for discretion haha!

Musical all the way.  I'm a musician so I'm biased.
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16

• Would you rather, watch Star Wars or Star Trek?between the two, Star Wars, mainly because the only Star Trek I've seen is the one that came out like 6ish years ago (I remember watching it in a friend's dorm my freshman year of college in 2010, and it was pretty new at the time), and I feel like that doesn't count. But I'm with @nolemama24, I'd pick Harry Potter over both of them any day! 

Would you rather, read an ebook or paperback? In general, a paperback, but I read a lot on my kindle too because they tend to be cheaper and when DD was new it was so much easier to nurse and read on a kindle then nurse and read a paperback. 

Would you rather, go to a play or a musical? Musical!! 

star wars but really if rather not watch either

paperback. I love to have a hard copy in my hand! I have a book but it takes me forever to read something on it.  

Play. I'm not very musical. But DH would much rather go to a musical. 

Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17

I just can't pick!! I LOVE them both. Sci-fi are my favorite kind of movies!

I was just having this conversation last night at book club... I read mostly at night before bed and then in the middle of the night so I read everything on an ebook. BUT when I went back to Prague for my FET I bought 3 books and read them while I was there because I had time during the day to lay in the park and read, and read while on the metro. I do go and buy the book in paper form if I really love it.

Eh. I guess musical.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Star Wars. I haven't seen very much of Star Trek  but would mind getting into it. 

I love paperback books but lately I have actually been getting into audible books. They are great! I have been able to get through books faster when I can listen while working :) 

Musicals, all day everyday! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

Star Wars.  I've never actually seen an episode of Star Trek ever.

I enjoy paperback more, but when traveling I dread traveling with "real" books.  So, I guess it depends.  But my overall preference is paperback if I'm not worried about space and travel.

Play!
    Definitely Star Wars.

I would rather read a paperback - the smell of a new book is the best.  However, I do almost all my reading on my kindle or phone these days because of the convenience and price factors.  Certain books I have to have the paperback or hardcover version of though.  

Probably a musical.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Probably Star Wars but I'm honestly not a fan of either.
    Paperback, no question.
    Would you rather, go to a play or a musical
    Play but I like both.