February 2016 Moms
Options

Baby biting while breastfeeding.

Latina211508Latina211508 member
edited August 2016 in February 2016 Moms
Hi ladies! My little Carmine is 6.5 months and he has two teeth. He just started biting a little and I was just curious what you ladies do when your little ones bite you. I've noticed its only on my right breast and its when he's at the end of nursing. He thinks it's funny and smiles at me. I just loudly say ouch or ow. Then I stop nursing him. My other 3 kids have never bit me so its definitely something new for me. 

Re: Baby biting while breastfeeding.

• Options
    Yeh I had a problem with LO doing that too. At the end of the feed she would do it and when I looked at her she would grin and pull. I would say ow, take her off and clothe up. She was finished the feed anyway. She hasn't done it for a few weeks now. Don't know whether my ows worked, or she just got over it! Probably the latter! Hope it stops for you soon! Amazing how painful it is! 
  • Options
    Haven't had it myself but I understand they enjoy getting a reaction. As hard as it is, try not to say anything or jump. Just take him off and put your boob away. He'll quickly figure out that crap won't fly
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I know is that when DD does this and I calmly and firmly say "no" or "stop", she grins ear to ear. I can't tell if she understands that I'm put out with her and is amused by it or if she thinks it's some kind of joke. Incredibly frustrating. 
  • Options
    @ashton2190 I def read the same thing once. My LO did this earlier today it def took me by surprise but I managed not to react (Facebook). So far it has only happened that once so hopefully it worked.

Now if I can get him to stop tossing things on the floor to watch me pick it up that would be AMAZING!! 
  • Options
    When DD1 would do that, I wouldn't react other than to say firmly "no biting, no more ninners" and put the boob away. I noticed she did it at the end, too, so I'd try to unlatch her before that happened. I definitely ended up with bleeding teeth marks once or twice (ow!), but otherwise we dos ok.  

@kinnonam they say that babies drop things to help them explore the world (gravity, the noise it makes, etc) and that they're learning when they do it. At least that's what I keep telling myself so I don't lose my mind picking stuff up constantly ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My daughter hasn't done it yet. However, when my son did it I screamed ow (razor sharp little teeth biting my nipple like he bites his toys, just owwww) and it scared him and he cried. It happened another time after that and I screamed ow again. He never did it again. He caught me way off guard both times. The first time was in the middle of the night.