January 2016 Moms

Weekly fitness Check In Thread - 8.22

maureenmcemaureenmce member
edited August 2016 in January 2016 Moms
Hi ladies!  I posted the first one on a Tuesday, but I figure this'll be easier for me to remember to do if it's on a Monday every week.  Anyway, how was last week?  I had to navigate a lot of stress and temptation at work, but I did okay.  I need to start seeing the weekends as a chance to rest and advance with my fitness goals, not just relax and indulge.  :/  But overall, I did pretty well!  I'm down a grand total of 1 pound, but I will take it!  :)

Check in with your stats, your goals, and talk about any plans/challenges for your week ahead!

Here's mine (I adjusted my goals a bit):
Starting weight: 215
Current weight: 214
Short term goal: 185 (pre preg weight)
Long term goal: 150

This week is going to be challenging for work reasons (my schedule will be nuts until September 8th) and because I'm starting a Paleo diet.  So, since I don't do well with too many changes at once, I'm going to keep my 1x daily chocolate habit for now (just a square, two a most) and my diet cokes, but everything else is Paleo.  I'm also starting to count calories with My Fitness Pal.  I'm aiming for 1350-1500 calories a day, 30 minutes of stroller walking every day in the before work, and I'm going to start bringing my workout clothes to work and squeeze in another 20-30 minutes on my lunch break.  Also, we have a tiny gym in my apartment building (a treadmill and one exercise bike) and I'm going to aim to work out there 3 times this week.  This has literally never happened since Rose was born, but I'm really going to try to do it this week!

Seeing some photos of me at the beach with the little one this Sunday was some uh, extra motivation! ;)  Yikes!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Re: Weekly fitness Check In Thread - 8.22

• Oh dear, has it been a week already? I will weigh myself tomorrow morning, but I don't expect much change. On the plus side, I did get some more exercise than usual this week by making an effort to take walks with friends both with and without David. On the other hand, I also ate dessert probably every single day. Breakfast and dinner are generally good, healthy meals but I kind of lose it in the middle of the day.  

@maureenmce, one pound is great! 
  • Oh thanks for posting this! I haven't been on the boards for a while but this would be great motivation.

Pp weight: 180
    Feb 2016: 170
    July 15 2016: 165
    Today, Aug 22 2016: 149.5

I've been past my prepregnancy weight of 160 for some time now and I'm now about 10-15 pounds away from my long term goal of 140. I say that cause I'd love to hit 135 so I have some wiggle room for quitting breastfeeding. 

If anyone is curious what finally worked for me I'm happy to share :) mostly just started eating trim healthy mama style and doing some stroller strides workouts in my area.
  • Loading the player...
  • l4rkl4rk member
    Oh thanks for posting this! I haven't been on the boards for a while but this would be great motivation.

Pp weight: 180
    Feb 2016: 170
    July 15 2016: 165
    Today, Aug 22 2016: 149.5

I've been past my prepregnancy weight of 160 for some time now and I'm now about 10-15 pounds away from my long term goal of 140. I say that cause I'd love to hit 135 so I have some wiggle room for quitting breastfeeding. 

If anyone is curious what finally worked for me I'm happy to share :) mostly just started eating trim healthy mama style and doing some stroller strides workouts in my area.
    Obviously, yes! Share. :)

My scale needs new batteries and we're going away for a week in a couple days so realistically, I won't be weighing in again until after I get back. Oh shucks. 
  • I didn't even start until yesterday bc this weekend was my birthday so I got in my last (delicious) meals and desserts.  But I've been doing better the past two days, no workouts but definitely eating less which is the first step for me. Hopefully I'll have more to update next week! 
  • I don't have a scale so I only get to weigh myself when I go to my parents house, but I don't think anything has changed. I bought cookies for my clients this past week and ended up eating a bunch myself :( I'll be on vacation this weekend so I probably won't be eating too well then haha. 
    On the bright side, I got in 9,000 steps yesterday. I had a long phone call and did it while out on a walk for an hour with LO. 
    Plan for this week and next week: get at least 6,000 steps a day, even while on vacation. 
  • Down to 166.8 from 168. I'll take it! I even managed a 3 mile run last week
  • The scale hasn't budged yet for me, but I've been making better choices and getting at least 5,000 steps a day. Im proud of myself for that at least!!