Baby Showers

Registry!!

Has anyone heard of/used MyRegistry.com before? I've been hearing some positive reviews on that site, but I want to hear from people who have actually used it. Any thoughts on this registry site will greatly help! Thanks in advance!!

Re: Registry!!

• I've used something similar, BabyList. Nobody touched it as far as shower gifts were concerned, DH and I ended up being the only ones who bought from it. Our buybuyBaby registry got pretty well cleaned out though. Those type of things usually seem like extra work for people to buy from. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't actually use MyRegistry.com or Baby List because friends who had used it told me not too. Like above poster stated, they said barely anyone bought off of it. I think it does make it more confusing/harder to buy from than a typical website. Also, there are some people who just want to walk into a store to buy something, and think of last minute shoppers too who won't have time to order something off online. Yes, I do know you can add stuff from stores to the online registries but I've heard that it can be confusing for people, especially those who aren't tech savvy. There was also issues with people buying things and not "marking as purchased" leading to duplicates. Again, since I didn't use it, I can't say for certain, but if you do set up an online one I would maybe do a second one at a brick and mortar store for those who can't figure it out haha. It also depends on who you are inviting too, and if you think they will be receptive to an online registry. I know I did Target and Amazon and all my mom's friends and older family members bought from Target and all my friends bought from Amazon. I'm not trying to stereotype and say all older people can't figure out an online registry, I just think they more accustomed to walking into a store and picking something out. 
    I feel like this is super accurate.  Having an Amazon registry for the younger guests and then a local store registry (Target, Buybuy Baby, Babies r us etc) for the older or last minute type guests is something I've seen as very successful.

3rd party sites like the ones listed typically just make people confused.  It can seem like a hassle.  
  • antoto said:
    I didn't actually use MyRegistry.com or Baby List because friends who had used it told me not too. Like above poster stated, they said barely anyone bought off of it. I think it does make it more confusing/harder to buy from than a typical website. Also, there are some people who just want to walk into a store to buy something, and think of last minute shoppers too who won't have time to order something off online. Yes, I do know you can add stuff from stores to the online registries but I've heard that it can be confusing for people, especially those who aren't tech savvy. There was also issues with people buying things and not "marking as purchased" leading to duplicates. Again, since I didn't use it, I can't say for certain, but if you do set up an online one I would maybe do a second one at a brick and mortar store for those who can't figure it out haha. It also depends on who you are inviting too, and if you think they will be receptive to an online registry. I know I did Target and Amazon and all my mom's friends and older family members bought from Target and all my friends bought from Amazon. I'm not trying to stereotype and say all older people can't figure out an online registry, I just think they more accustomed to walking into a store and picking something out. 
    I feel like this is super accurate.  Having an Amazon registry for the younger guests and then a local store registry (Target, Buybuy Baby, Babies r us etc) for the older or last minute type guests is something I've seen as very successful.

3rd party sites like the ones listed typically just make people confused.  It can seem like a hassle.  
    Exactly - Amazon and babies r us for the win! 
  • I agree. Amazon made it super easy for us and friends/family. And they have an awesome promo where if you or your friends/family spend over $500 on the registry, you get 20% off diapers for a year, or up to $300 savings. Highly recommend!
    Also, for anyone looking for a solid registry list, this was extremely helpful for us. 
  • I used MyRegistry for our wedding registry back in 2022 and it worked out really well! We're using it again for our baby registry and just making sure to also register at brick and mortar stores for those that prefer to shop in-person (we're doing Target, Pottery Barn Kids, Crate & Barrel, and Dillard's). One thing I love about MyRegistry is that you get to keep all of your individual store registries (and the completion discounts that come with them!). One thing to note about the Amazon registry is that they have greatly limited what their completion discount applies towards (only eligible items that are sold and shipped by Amazon). Just something to be aware of!