TTC After a Loss
Options

***TGIF Check-In***

Happy Friday! What is everyone up to this weekend? Any fun plans? 

AFM... I am not working today as I saw all of my clients early in the week. This is a very busy weekend in my area due to a large road race, so our town is totally packed and none of my clients wanted to come in on a Friday. I wasn't arguing. The road race actually goes through my neighborhood so everyone is usually out on lawn chairs watching everyone go by and cheering etc. It's a good time. Other than that, continuing to soak up every last second of summer. Swimming, cooking outside etc. Beta is on Monday, so trying to think positive and stay hopeful as long as I can!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Re: ***TGIF Check-In***

• Options
    Ahhh thinking of you @bornready! Glad you have some summer fun to keep you busy this weekend!

Nothing exciting planned for us. We were all sick last weekend, so we need to deal with our jungle yard and some other house stuff since we have a friend coming to visit next weekend.

AF is due Monday. I don't have any tests in the house and I am trying not to buy any. I would love a pleasant surprise! Have a nice weekend, everyone!
  • Options
    Hope you weekend flows by @BornReady

i am super swamped at work. So much DH has to wait at home for my trigger injection to be delivered today. 

Tomorrow i have a 15-18 hour surgery on one of the most horrific cases of my career. It's this incredibly tragic situation involving a 3 year old. It's been all over the news in Phoenix. Not only is it the hardest thing we do, but now it's on a super small kid instead of a large adult.  In a high profile case. I hate when my patients are the object of media attention. I had been sick to my stomach all week dreading this. I don't know what you guys pray to, but please throw a few up there for me and my surgeon tomorrow. 

Sunday i I will probably be decompressing after that. I need to start BD Sunday or Monday in case I trigger after my scan Wednesday. Time to get to business
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh @SnobunnieMel I can't even imagine how horrible that would be. Btw- props on the TTGP smack down. I'm surprised the See You Next Tuesday comment didn't get you the ban hammer knowing how things go around here, but I'm glad you are still here! 

@BornReady You are in my thoughts this weekend. Monday can't get here fast enough!!

AFM- I have the best weekend -actually week- planned because I'm not vacation! Tonight we are going to a pop-up dinner at my BILs new restaurant that's opening in a few weeks, tomorrow my nice and nephew are staying with us while my brother and sister in law go to a concert. We never get to see them since they live 8 hours away, so I'm so pumped. Sunday night we are going to dinner for our anniversary. We totally splurged and are doing a tasting menu at a restaurant of one of the best Chefs in the world. And then we have Pearl Jam at Wrigley tickets on Monday our actual anniversary. 

Tuesday morning we leave for our ILs beach house in Michigan and we will be there all week. Our friends join us next Friday. I'm so excited for relaxation! Since I've been at my job 10 years, I have 6 weeks of vacation and god knows we can't go anywhere warm this winter because of Zika, so I plan on enjoying our beach weekend.

Only issue is that I'm feeling impending AF, but I'm not even that upset about it because if it comes tomorrow, it means that I actually ovulated on CD 14 which is AMAZING. Thank you acupuncture. I will be back!
  • Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited August 2016
    @BornReady Enjoy your Friday off! I'll be thinking good thoughts and sticky baby vibes for you this weekend!

@SnobunnieMel - that is so heartbreaking! Good thoughts headed your way. I hope everything goes as well as it could in a situation like that.

@chloe97 Your week sounds jam packed and awesome. Michigan sounds fun. I was in the UP recently for a wedding. It was beautiful!

AFM, we have some fun things planned. A BBQ with friends tomorrow, and going to my city's soccer game with work friends on Sunday. It's always a great atmosphere.
  • Options
    @SnoBunnieMel thinking of you and the staff, hope the surgery goes well (and of course had to do a little internet stalking of PHX news out of curiosity). Hang in there.
    @BornReady FX for your beta! Your weekend sounds awesome. My first marathon was around a lake, started and ended in a town w/population around 200, it's AMAZING how the whole town comes out and supports it. Hope to do it again one day.

Call today day and Monday day but off Sat/Sun. Gonna be in the 100s so shutting the house up as it warms up. Ordering a hummingbird feeder on Amazon. Very exciting stuff ;-). 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    @BornReady I hope that you are able to lay low and have a good weekend! And of course lots of sticky thoughts!

@SnobunnieMel I will definitely be praying for you and the whole situation this weekend. 

@chloe97 I hope you enjoy your weekend and here's to hoping for AF so you will know about your O.

@RiverSong15 Sounds like tons of fun! I love relaxing with friends and cooking out.

AFM, we don't really have much planned this weekend. AF showed up today so in all honesty I will probably not be doing much since I usually have 2 wicked heavy days every month. On a positive note though, I think our builder is finally clearing off our back hillside tomorrow.  DH and I got horrible poison ivy out there earlier this summer so looking forward to all that being gone!
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    @amberruka I hear you with the heat! We have had heat index values upwards of 110 recently and it's just not easy to do anything!
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• Options
    @amberruka and @Taggarab 100s.... Ugh! Stay cool ladies! It's 90 here today, which for my city is HOT. We get excessive heat warnings when the forecast is for the low 80s. I never used to be this wimpy with temperature extremes...
  • Options
    @amberruka did you find it? Involves and ice cream truck and the police 
  • Options
    @Bornready - fx for you on Monday!
    @SnobunnieMel - thoughts & prayers your way!
    @chloe97- totally jealous of your weekend/week - enjoy it! :)
    Ugh sorry about AF @Taggarab
    Stay cool too @amerruka -100s -yuck!

Not too much planned this weekend. I am still waiting to miscarry naturally so that kind of infringes on plans. I don't really think it is going to happen this wknd anyway so if I am up to it maybe DH and I will go to the outlets - I feel like I definitely deserve to treat myself. Other than that DH and I have been rewatching Friday  Night Lights on netflix so we will probably just spend time relaxing at home this wknd doing that. Hopefully just regroup from a difficult week.
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel yes, I did. So sad. Looks like an accident all around. We'll be praying for her. 
    @TScalei you definitely deserve some retail therapy. Please take care of yourself.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    Well 3 weeks ago found out my SIL is expecting, surprise baby, she'll have 2 under 2 in the spring and now my bf just told me she's expecting #2, also a surprise baby....my heart is in my stomach. I tired and tried for 11 months for another baby and lost it. How can people who don't even try get KU. I am trying to finish my last hour at work without crying. The 2 most important women in my life are both KU and due within weeks of one another...how am I going to get through this? I feel so alone
  • Options

@snobunnieMel I will be praying for you! I can not imagine the stress.

@crazypt2285 I am so sorry, I know how hard it is seeing the people you love having healthy babies when you struggle so much. Just rememeber that you have all of us here to vent to, and that we truly understand the pain you are going through. My best friend is do in December, and almost each of my nieces and nephews were due the month of my Edds from my miscarriages...

• Options
    @BornReady glad you had the day off and have a fun weekend ahead. So many positive thoughts your way.

@SnobunnieMel good luck with your surgery and I hope the very best possible outcome. Sending many positive thoughts for your calm mind and perseverance throughout the surgery and of course your patient. I read the story online- how tragic and sad.

@crazypt2285 I am so sorry-some days are so hard during this journey and TTCAL can be so frustrating when you seem to be doing everything in your power to make something happen and it seems so effortless for others. 

@TScalei I am so sorry you are going through this and you are back here. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. Take good care of yourself. 

@Taggarab sorry for AF

We have a dinner tonight at my DH's bosses house. I would much rather chill with Netflix but it's pretty much obligatory so I must make this happen.
    I have an U/S tomorrow after doing menopur for 4 days, so we will check on the progress and see how the follicles are doing and figure out when my next IUI will be. Other than that I really need to recoup. It's been a stressful heavy week at work and I need some serious downtime. My plan on being chill during this cycle is not working out so well.

****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel Hope everything went ok this weekend with your surgical case. Such a heartbreaking story.