Infertility
Options

Newbie Intro w/ questions (Children mentioned)

Hi everyone! I have been reading all of your post and they are great information. I am 33 and my DH is 28. I have 2 children from a previous marriage and DH has none. Early last year we started trying and nothing.... So by March this year I started asking questions. I knew something wasn't right. I went through several test at my OBGYN and they said I was fine. My DH was the next one to be tested. They did a SA and it came back Zero. We were referred to a fertility urologist where they drew blood and did another SA. It still came back Zero. The blood test was for chromosome abnormality and that was fine too. Basically they told us the swimmers can't get out. So our only option is IVF.

Now for all the questions... Has anyone else ever gone through this with DH? Any one in the Atlanta area recommend a RE? Anyone do the financing for IVF? What is our first step now? What other test will they do? I don't even know where to start. It seems like so much information. Thank for listening.  :)

Re: Newbie Intro w/ questions (Children mentioned)

• Options
    I'm sorry you are on this journey.  The RE we use is based in Chattanooga.  The whole office is terrific.  

I wonder if there is a surgery that can be done to help the swimmer get out.  What did the urologist suggest?  Look at the SART website and compare success rates for clinics in the Atlanta.  Take those with a grain of salt.  Some practices take easier cases, which gives them higher success rates.  It's ok to shop around for an RE.  I wish I had done that when I first started.  Also, see if your insurance covers anything, meds, tests, procedures, etc, if you haven't already.
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    His Dr didn't give us the option of surgery. He just told us IVF was the only way. As far as insurance the only thing it covers is meds except for injections. We will have to pay out of pocket for pretty much everything.