June 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

it's late in the day, but I had one to share. Anyone else?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Options
    My two year old wanted to wear a certain dress, but I couldn't find her little shorts that she usually uses under dresses, so over her diaper I had her put on a pair of my sons underwear that is too small for him now. (See picture). My husband thought I was nuts, but it doesn't look too bad, right? :p 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hahaha good thinking @AmberLiz99!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mostly what I can think of for FFFC is the amount of food I've been consuming... Hormones plus breastfeeding have turned me into an insatiable monster :s
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I guess my other FFFC would be that this hunger is making me slightly nervous that I may be pregnant. I know the chance is close to 0% but we have had unprotected sex twice in the last 2.5 weeks.. Oops! I am so not ready for another one!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    My confession is that we are supposed to go visit my 1 month old nephew in the hospital this weekend and I am so nervous I don't want to go. To clarify, he was born at the children's hospital and was deemed "the sickest baby in the hospital" when he was born. Having been a NICU parent for a month when my daughters were born I know how scary germs and visitors can be so I am now terrified of visiting a very very very sick baby, in case I bring something in on me.
  • Options
    I guess my other FFFC would be that this hunger is making me slightly nervous that I may be pregnant. I know the chance is close to 0% but we have had unprotected sex twice in the last 2.5 weeks.. Oops! I am so not ready for another one!
     :#  :#
  • Options
    This is probably more of a TW Tuesday post, but I almost dick punched my husband the other night. I told him I was tired because Ethan was extra fussy that day to which he responded "tired? You just sit at home all day.  I'm tired because I go to work everyday". Excuse me!?!  Oh hell no.  So I calmly explained that I don't just "sit at home" all day and that caring for our son is a job too. I was so incredibly hurt by his statement that I went upstairs and cried. He later apologized and said he "didn't mean it like that". The words stung like hell though and he can't ever take them back.  Especially since I never wanted to have kids (don't get me wrong I love my son, I just never pictured myself with kids) his words were especially painful. I truly wish men would think before they speak!  
  • Options
    This is probably more of a TW Tuesday post, but I almost dick punched my husband the other night. I told him I was tired because Ethan was extra fussy that day to which he responded "tired? You just sit at home all day.  I'm tired because I go to work everyday". Excuse me!?!  Oh hell no.  So I calmly explained that I don't just "sit at home" all day and that caring for our son is a job too. I was so incredibly hurt by his statement that I went upstairs and cried. He later apologized and said he "didn't mean it like that". The words stung like hell though and he can't ever take them back.  Especially since I never wanted to have kids (don't get me wrong I love my son, I just never pictured myself with kids) his words were especially painful. I truly wish men would think before they speak!  
    Even my husband realized that was so wrong to say! Sorry momma, I'm sure he didn't really mean it but god that must have hurt!

Maybe leave him with Ethan for 3-4 hours tomorrow and see how he does? ;)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I was invited to dinner tonight by my SiL and a couple of her girlfriends. My husband said it wouldn't be a problem for me to have a girls' night out and that I deserved it, plus I knew I'd be home by 10:30ish, so not too late. I got home and I swear he just gave me attitude with the few questions I asked ("How was it?" "What time was his last feeding?" "How much did he drink? "Did he fuss at all?"). I received nothing but terse responses coupled with tone and "the look." It really made me think he was irritated/mad that I went out, tho I suspect he was just tired. I already feel a little guilty about going out (I know shouldn't feel guilty), I don't need that to make me feel worse. This was also my first night out with people other than him and/or the baby since our son was born. It totally killed my good mood.

Not really a confession I guess...

Oh and he didn't give Damien his evening dosage of Zantac for his reflux (even tho I prepared the syringe and asked him to be sure to give it to him at some point). He also left 2oz of breastmilk out of the fridge so by the time I got home and saw it, it was out for too long and had to be thrown out. My supply is super low and since I had a couple of drinks, I couldn't save the milk I pumped when I got home (had to pump a bit because of being bit uncomfortably full).
  • Options
    One other confession. This one makes me feel childish, but here goes. My 30th birthday is in less than 3 weeks. For my husbands 30th we went to Costa Rica, and the plan was that for mine we would go to Europe (something I've been planning since freshman year of college, but instead I met dh, we got married and life got in the way).

well obviously just having had our third kid and ds about to start school and money being tight, it's not the time for a trip. I know all of this rationally, and yet I'm still bummed that it's just going to pass as another unrecognized birthday. Maybe when I'm 40...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    One other confession. This one makes me feel childish, but here goes. My 30th birthday is in less than 3 weeks. For my husbands 30th we went to Costa Rica, and the plan was that for mine we would go to Europe (something I've been planning since freshman year of college, but instead I met dh, we got married and life got in the way).

well obviously just having had our third kid and ds about to start school and money being tight, it's not the time for a trip. I know all of this rationally, and yet I'm still bummed that it's just going to pass as another unrecognized birthday. Maybe when I'm 40...
    Totally normal feeling! Hopefully they'll do something to make it special in a different, family way : )  
  • Options

That sucks! I would be bummed too. Maybe try taking a small trip if possible, like an hour or two away. That's what we did last summer for my 30th, went to a gambling town up in the mountains for the weekend and the girls stayed with my parents.