September 2015 Moms

Daredevil

No matter what I do my daughter will not stay sitting in the high chair or basket at the store. She wiggles and squirms until she is free and then she stands up and pretends to she will step out. At least I think she's pretending I've never experimented with that for obvious reasons. What the hell man?! How do I stop this Lil daredevil 

Re: Daredevil

• I am not sure but I watch the LO watching me buckle him in then start playing with the buckles. I know one of these days he is going to figure it out and then I am in trouble. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • I dont sit the boys I their infant to toddler chair anymore nectar they know how to get out of it even buckled. & yesterday one of them was trying to climb out of the highchair :neutral: Idk what to do either besides not putting them in those chairs or stopping them I the process...good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Can so relate! Our little guy is fearless! He point blank refuses to eat in his high chair if the straps
    are on tight enough to keep him safe. He's actually undone one of them! I have to watch him like a hawk. He's got the strength of an ox, as he's figured out how to unclip the buckle on his pram too. That takes some doing, believe me.
    I found him slid half the way down his pram the other day. His arms where still in the straps, but he'd undone the buckle! I couldn't believe it!!

Sorry I've got no answer! Just know you're not alone! Like pp said, good luck! 
  • Haha well it helps that she's not the only one. I feel like I'm doing something wrong but she is just trickier then my first born was haha
  • Lol i feel tbe same way. That DD was easier, BUT i have 2 this time so that makes a difference. @ this point i wish they could walk because atleast they'll know how to break yheir fall much better. But then i know when they walk ill wish they didnt lol
  • Had this issue with my guy. He hates sitting in the high chair. Our high chair becomes a seat that I can attach to a regular chair. If he is sitting level with us while we eat he has no issues. Maybe try a seat on a chair beside you? As for the seats in carts at the mall I usually just keep my guy occupied with food or toys lol. 
  • What baby chair do you use besides a high chair when you eat? 
  • Our high chair is a three in one so I can take the seat part off and attach it to a chair. But you can get seats with trays that attach to chairs with out being a full high chair. This is a pic of our travel one we use for the cottage and trailer. It was super inexpensive. It gives our guy the chance to sit with us and it keeps him occupied better. Hope this helps!