April 2017 Moms

GTKY 8/15

Let's talk bucket lists this week.  What is one thing on your bucket list you have already accomplished?  What is one thing still on your bucket list that you really hope to do yet?
Married: 9/19/09
DS 1: 10/17/10
DS 2: 6/30/13
MMC found 4/2/16   D&C 4/4/16 & 4/10/16
 Cautiously expecting.....EDD 4/1/17

Re: GTKY 8/15

• I always wanted to live in California and have done so for 6 years. I want to go back!

What I still want to do (aside from moving back to Cali) is go to Australia and swim with the great whites!

• I went to Norway! That was pretty far up my bucket list!

I still want to go to a loot of places. Japan and AU are up there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to Mexico for my honeymoon! It was the furthest I've ever been out of the US.

I've always wanted to go to Europe. Someday, DH and I will be able to save up enough money to have a second honeymoon.
  • I have run a half marathon. I want to do a triathlon and maybe a marathon, but not until I can finish in 4.5 hours.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bucket list, as in pre-pregnancy bucket list, or just in general? 

I wanted to get my MLIS before kids, and I graduated last year with that - a year ago today, actually. At some point, we'd like to make it to Ireland, but I have to get over my flight issues first. Well, and be able to afford it. 
    Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • Seven years ago I spent two weeks in Australia. It was amazing and a place I'd been dying to go since I was a teen.

I'd still love to go to Hawaii, visit Yellowstone, and travel all over the country.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @stephout - Do you have a specific marathon in mind? Like the Boston, NYC, or the Chicago marathon? I can barely handle running a mile, so I live vicariously through those who have better endurance than I do. :)
  • We want our next big trip to be to Ireland. It will probably be YEARS before we attempt it, but that's okay with me. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Bucket list I've completed is visiting Iceland (we went for our honeymoon :) )
    Bucket list I've still got is I want to write a book.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @TheJerilu - I'm so jealous of people who have creative writing skills. I can write essays and papers until the cows come home, but a book/novel is something I don't think I'll ever be able to do.

• I lived abroad from when I was 18 until 24 and did a fair amount of traveling. That was an awesome experience (esp. considering I met my husband while there!).

I'd really like to learn to play the piano. Or write a book.
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017
  • @Magheeta Ireland is amazing. So gorgeous and most everyone is just so friendly. Definitely worth saving up for!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017
  • I have ran a couple of marathons, but I would love to run Boston, planned on it in 2013 but was pregnant with DS. 

All of the travel talk is giving me a major case of wanderlust!
  • bwobwo member
    Spent 5 months living and working in New Zealand. Best time of my life.

Now I just want to go travel around Italy! 
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• I love that everyone's bucket list involves traveling. I was lucky enough to backpack through Europe twice in college. I would love to backpack through Asia one day too. 

My bucket list also includes through hiking the Pacific Crest Trail (all 2,659 miles of it), finishing a half marathon and summiting Mt Everest. 
  • @Jerilu my DH and I went to Iceland for our honeymoon too! Only for a day on our way to Norway, but so worth it
  • belocinbelocin member
    edited August 2016
    I lived in London for a semester in college and I loved it! I'm so excited to visit with DH someday!

Still on my bucket list is to pay off debt and be able to have complete control over how we spend our money. Vacation? Okay! Large check to Humane Society because of those commercials that get me every time? Okay! Visit family whenever we like and not just when our budget allows? Okay!

ETA: words
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EkzerrEkzerr member
    edited August 2016
    My bucket list consists of becoming a nurse! I officially start nursing school in one year from now and can't wait

eta: spelling 
  • My greatest bucket list item was buying our house. In a funny twist of fate, my mom and driven us right by our house in May 2014 when DD was born and said she thought it was the perfect part of town for us to live. I'm pretty sure I rolled my eyes at her and said I'd NEVER live here, and then a year later we had our keys :) 

I'm with @belocin on my remaining bucket list items.  DH went to law school and took out a hefty amount of student loans. AND I MEAN HEFTY. I think I like working (most of the time), but it would be nice for us to be able to think more strategically about our future rather than desperately trying to pay it all back. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @belocin  I studied abroad in London for a summer in college and FELL IN LOVE.  I've been back multiple times since and DH and I just got back from our honeymoon there yesterday  :)  It was so cool to show him everything!

My bucket list I've completed: spending St. Patrick/s Day in Ireland/traveling in general
    Bucket list to complete: I would love to work in a study abroad office or company some day
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wow, it seems like my Bucket List To Do is the same as many others! Ireland and Iceland are both at the top of my travel list. 

Items from my bucket list that I have done: build a house (we just finished building our first house October 2015.)
    Me: 25 | DH: 24
    Married: 06/14/14
    Fur Babies: Samara (Lab) & Akiva (Pom)
    Foster Parents
    MC: 8/18/2016
  • Most of my bucket list is just travelling. We hit a big one in 2014 when my husband and I climbed the Haiku Stairs in Hawaii!  Most amazing experience of my life!!

I don't have my personal photos on my phone, so this ones from Google.  
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• I'm hopping on the Hawaii bandwagon. I still kick myself for not spending the extra money and going for our honeymoon. Of course we said then that we would go on our 5 year anniversary -- that didn't happen. Maybe 10...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • One thing I have already done: I studied abroad in Florence, Italy in college which allowed me to see many AMAZING places!

bucket list to complete: Go back to Aulani when our kids are 5/6 years old (went for honeymoon and it's amazing) I also want to show DH Europe bc he has only ever been to Mexico. I work at WDW and have been to Disneyland Paris so now I want to visit the rest of them!
  • @oliviaf11 Hey! Former WDW CM here! Aulani looks amazing. What a great honeymoon!
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @belocin it is amazing!! If you find the time and money go with your family! The characters get in the pool and there are so many children activities there! Next time we want to see the other islands too (I was 12 weeks preg so just exhausted most of the time lol)
  • firewife86firewife86 member
    edited August 2016
    Bucket List - I have 2 big ones crossed off 
    1) skydiving- we went for our 1st anniversary and jumped 18,000 feet.
    2) Australia - I spent 6 months there when I studied abroad. It was amazing! 

Still to do..
    Road trip cross country and visit all50 states!
  • That looks amazing @Tinkerbell413 I can't believe I've never been to Hawaii.  
    @TheJerilu writing a novel was always on my list as well. Somehow college, real work, and now a toddler all got in the way. Now I'm aiming for short stories first!

Very cool that so many of us have studied in London. I came back to finish my undergrad degree but then went back for six years. Bucket list goal would be to go back again for my PhD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Major life accomplishment for me was completing an Ironman triathlon (though not the famous one in Hawaii).  I am one and done on that long distance, but I'm happy to say I've done it.  In the future I also want to travel. Argentina and the Alps are high on my list.  Though with a toddler and one on the way, could be awhile... :(
  • I got my private pilot certificate two years ago.  I meant to do it like 20 years ago, but seeing my dad (who's been flying ad a hobby for almost 55 years since he was 17) getting older finally put a fire under my pants.

I need to make it to Africa - it'll be my last continent to visit!
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• bwobwo member
    @artemis618. That's amazing!  So you've been to Antartica?  My H wants to go so badly!
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• Yes, I actually went with my mom because she wanted to go, and my dad doesn't do so well in cold these days.  We went with a smaller boat GAP Adventures tour (Canadian company), and they had folks lecturing on plants, wildlife, geology, etc.  The Drake Passage is no joke (was in bed for two days straight on the way down), but it was fantastic!
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• It's all about the travel for me too. I managed to check off Spain, Italy, England, Netherlands, Portugal, Morocco, France, Japan, and Mexico. However, it was all before I met DH and I want to go back and experience it with him. I particularly want to visit Germany and Ireland. I'd also love to visit all 50 states and have a LONG way to go.
  • So cool to read about all the amazing places everyone has been to :) Travel is also a huge part of my bucket list, but it will be a lot more feasible when the kiddos are older and student loans are gone. DH and I went to Oahu and Kauai for our honeymoon and it was such an incredible experience! Loved getting the chance to explore such beautiful places. Would love to visit Italy and London one day and I want to visit all 50 states before I turn 50. Original goal was before 30, but yeah....life happens.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would also have to say traveling is on my bucket list as well.  I want to say as many national parks as I can and would love to visit Europe once things settle down over there a little bit.  We are taking an 8 day cruise to the Caribbean in November so we are starting our son off traveling young!  He flew when he was 6 months and did great so I am hoping if we just keep traveling he and our new one will always be able to just go with the flow and love going on adventures.  
  • Bucket list item completed: traveling to Spain. I lived in Barcelona for 6 months. And I want to go back!

Bucket list item in progress: cruise of the Mediterranean Sea (starting/ending in Barcelona of course) 
    Visit all 50 states.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 I studied abroad in Spain too!  I was in Madrid, and I still long for daily siestas (especially lately!).

One of my big goals was honestly to become a mother.  Sure, I work full-time in a professional job, travel, and do other cool things like a lot of you too.  But I really wanted to be a mother.

On my bucket list is to take a helicopter tour.  We regret so much not doing one when we were in Iceland.  But...off we go in October to
    see the Swiss Alps! On a Bachelor-style helicopter tour!
  • I became a GM this past March. It feels so good to work so hard and now be in a position where I can reward others for their hard work.

I want to go to Sturgis with DH. He's been into Harley's since he was a little boy, bought one in his early 20's and has such a passion for motorcycles. I think it would be an awesome experience (sans kids).
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker