Infertility

Success Stories Please (cp mentioned)

Hi. I am 40 and going into my 3rd round of IVF. I have a good ovarian reserve and a normal FSH. My issue is due to my age, I have fewer "good" eggs. The first IVF cycle ended in a cp. Second didn't take. Has anyone out there had success with these factors. Or know some one who has. I am just hoping for one good egg, that's all we need.

Re: Success Stories Please (cp mentioned)

• I don't have a success story because I am still waiting on my first transfer. But I am 41 and we decided to do PGS testing on our 6 embryos from our last ER.  Like you, things have been looking good with my reserve, FSH, etc.  Dr said I have the ovaries of a 30 year old!  Hey, who would think that would be such a great compliment but it sure felt good!  All good things aside, it was a complete disappointment to learn the odds are still not in my favor just because of the age factor.  From what my dr explained, he believes that PGS testing levels the playing field for over 40 somethings because you can sift out the eggs that would have miscarried and just try with the "good ones".  Time will tell for me if that is the case. 

I think you will hear plenty of success stories. 

I wish you amazing success with your next cycle! 
    Me: 41  DH: 44  DD: 9
    IVF: ER 7/16 40 follies, 23 eggs, 19 mature,
    12 fert w/icsi, 6 blasts, 3 PGS norm, 1 unknown.

FET: 9/1/16 transferred 1 CP beta 5.9
    FET 2: 11/15/16 transferred 1 CP again!
    FET 3: TBD

• Thanks Bells5200! PGS testing isn't covered by our insurance, so we are opting out of that for this round. I guess I feel like what if they are all not good, then we are out of pocket a lot of money :neutral:

That's amazing you had 6 embryos, I wish you healthy embryos!!! What cycle of IVF is this for you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! This is our first round at ivf.  So far each step has been an insane up and down roller coaster of emotions.  I didn't get to do a fresh transfer at my retrieval because my progesterone was measuring too high.  So I am priming for a frozen transfer right now.

My insurance won't cover PGS either, but otherwise our insurance has been great so far and the only thing we have paid for was about $150 for meds, $2000 for the PGS, pays, and another $ 2000 or so for ICSI. 

PGS is a lot of $ and you are right, you have no idea of the outcome will be.  It's a big decision.  Of our 6 tested, three came back normal, 2 abnormal, and 1 was not tested for some reason.  

I really hope it all works out for you and you get your one golden egg!

• ******TW / Children mentioned******

I am not AMA but I have a very low AMH and high FSH.  We opted out of PGS because we only had 3 embryos that made it to freeze.  We did have a successful FET 2 years ago that resulted in twins, but our last FET was unsuccessful.

Good Luck!  

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Wow Bella52000, that is amazing that you got 3 normal ones so far. I'm so happy to hear that. Were they all from one cycle's egg retrieval?

Thanks for the positive vibes chickycig!

Yup, hoping for my one golden egg. Did you guys do any alternative things during your cycles? Like Raspberry Tea, Maca, Acupunture, Yoga, And other supplements?
  • Thanks!  It was from my first cycle.  They were aggressive with the meds because I am older and had to taper them down a bit, but it was good because it got the follies going.  We used a Lupron trigger and I really didn't have terrible OHSS signs after.  Phew!  My numbers were 40 follicles, 23 contained eggs, 19 were mature, 12 fertilized, 6 made to to day 5, 3 were normal and 1 didn't have enough cells to test so they could thaw it and try it again if I need it.  Side note...I memorized the numbers and won $5 playing Mega Millions last week! 

The only thing I did was have a shot of pom juice every day for the time I was stimming.  And frankly, I just tried to relax and not stress. Lots of beach time. I would have liked to try acupuncture, but I never mustered it up do do it!

• Hello, vix! That's just it! You need only one good egg for the procedure. And I hope you'll get it this time :)
    I have endo & pcos, our RE gave us the tiniest verdict of conceiving with OE. (Less than 5%) So we had to look onto donor egg ivf. 2 first shots were BFNs. And hardly could I expect the next one would be the success!
    Every try makes you closer to your aim. Go on, hun, keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • Thanks Angelic789, I appreciate your support!