Breastfeeding
Options

FTM ..... question about becoming pregnant while breastfeeding...

So my husband and I are wanting to have another baby right away (once medically cleared to have sex after this one) we both grew up with siblings a year apart from us....and want the same for our kids. I am planning on breastfeeding and been told you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding......is this a myth?! Has anyone breastfeed and tried getting pregnant right after having a baby? If so how long did it take?

Re: FTM ..... question about becoming pregnant while breastfeeding...

• Options
    I didn't get pregnant right away but you CAN get pregnant while BF so just be aware
  • Options
    I questioned this to my health visitor just after I had my baby as she spoke about getting back onto a contraceptive she said in no way is it true and you can fall pregnant again after 21 days or so
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's possible. Once you are cleared for sex doesn't mean you are going to want to have sex. My libido took a huge hit after Dd was born. Besides being completely exhausted, I had a second degree tear and getting excited hurt for the first few months after.
  • Options
    I'm raising babies a year apart. It's so hard! Have you considered that?
    Medically it's best to wait 2 years to let the vitamins & minerals replenish.
  • Options
    My OB suggested waiting a year before getting pregnant again but...
    Yes, you can get pregnant while nursing. Most women don't get there period for a few/many months if breastfeeding so it is hard to calculate if you are ovulating. With all 4 kids, I never got my period until they were 6 to 8 months old. 
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • Options
    I waited two years between all mine, and I still find it tough. Mine are 7 5 3 and 1. And I'm pregnant now with twins, I don't know why people want there children back to back, these twins were a surprise and I'm still nervous even though I have 4 already! Lol