Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

coping with the day to day

I experienced and early stage miscarriage last week while I was in a week long class for work.  I finished the class and decided to take the exam portion online at my office on Monday so I could have the weekend to digest what had happened.  Otherwise I would have had to stay on Saturday to take the final exam and be away from my family for an additional day.  So when I got to work I asked my supervisor to proctor me which entailed her sitting in her office working while I took the exam.  Little to no effort on her part.  I found out today that she complained to my co-workers because I didn't stay on Saturday to take the exam and I was presumptive to to assume she would proctor me.  I see this as such a small issue that it's not even worth bringing up with her but I also just want to scream in her face and tell her what happened to me.  And that while I was in class, the class that she forced me to go to, I was miscarrying my child for two straight days.  And not only did I finish the class but I aced the exam.  I want to take all the pain that I'm feeling over the loss of my unborn child and put it on to her.  I want to yell at the top of my lungs what a selfish nasty person she is.  But the reality is...it's none of her F-ing business what happened to me.  And I don't want her to know that I'm trying to conceive.  So I'm stuck being so incredibly mad and not able to tell her the real reason why I decided to take the test on Monday.  And I'm just so angry.  I'm so angry about everything. 

Re: coping with the day to day

• Options
    I can definitely relate to feeling angry at just about anything the first couple weeks after my loss. I wanted to be furious at everyone in the world for not caring about what I was going through. (How could they know?) 

The biggest thing is to remember that losing a child isn't shameful or something that needs to be secretive, unless you want it to be of course. The way I processed it was by thinking and accepting it's a part of me now, it's who I am. I am someone who lost a child before I could ever hold them. Talking about it to others helped in my grieving process. Telling my boss helped them to understand I needed to be brainless for awhile and unable to focus on the day to day. Slowly I built my self back to being a "functional" person. It's been 4 weeks since my loss and I am starting to accept my situation. Make sure to give yourself time and focus on you. The anger will pass.   
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    misha0130misha0130 member
    edited August 2016
    I'm angry too. It's all part of the grieving process right? My ex checked in on me and completely lost it on him. My mom and I got into an argument over the Olympics...I just find everything sets me off. I definitely can relate. Sending you some positive vibes